What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Never doubt the audience score, modern critics are a fraud.

Crashing this franchise...

>Almost $200 million behind in 10 days
This isn't looking good. It'll struggle to even beat Rogue Ones domestic cume

The Ancient Jedi Texts are a metaphorical insert for the Original Star Wars trilogy.

The major theme of The Last Jedi is “letting the past die.” A past that happens to be derived of three beloved films that cultivated the blockbuster culture we know today. But Disney’s ultimate goal is erasing the imprint these film’s have had on pop culture in order to make way for their new assembly line of products.

Yoda in the The Last Jedi is used to mock our hero Luke Skywalker; to belittle him for his values and diligence in preserving the integrity of the past. He destroys (to his knowledge) the ancient Jedi Texts to Luke Skywalker’s dismay. Then in turn, he insults the artistic merits of the Jedi Texts (The Original Trilogy) and upholds the contemporary heroine of the story (Rey/Disney’s Star Wars) by informing Luke that there is nothing in those texts that she doesn’t already know. This scene is played in comedic fashion in order to mask the far more devious undertones of the scene by having Yoda incorporate a quip (page turners they are not). The Last Jedi is riddled with moments like these.

Disney’s burying of Star Wars’ soul doesn’t begin and end with the live-action films either. Buying 20th Century Fox, the original home of the first trio of Star Wars films, was the ultimate endgame. With this acquisition, Disney will setforth their goal of burying the OT into the depths of irrelevancy. Disney’s real intentions are masked by the assumption that this deal was mainly carried out to intertwine Fox’s roster of superheroes with the MCU. But their are far more sinister forces at play. Forces that will make Lucas’s tampering of the OT look like child’s play in comparison to the future Star Wars now holds.

...with no survivors!

I think Star Wars gets a lot of money from re-watches.
But no one wants to fucking go through the Holdo plot again.
Which is probably good for the movie's reputation, that plot thread really falls apart when you think about it for more than a second.

Nothing went wrong, one movie was the first SW after 10 years and without Lucas, and the other is its sequel.

Everybody expected to trail TFA except Sup Forums it seems.

Jews happened

>>Everybody expected to trail TFA

quit posting this we get it

you guys need to take a look at picrelated before you drown yourselves in the delusion.

>alt-right virgins manipulate RT scores
>also flood social media with anti-TLJ propaganda
>normies fall for it, refrain from watching the movie

People were excited to see Star Wars for the first time in a while for VII since it looked promising
VIII had a bit of the same stuff opening weekend but after fans complained about muh childhood people got more wary of seeing it

ESB did half the BO of ANH, infact ANH and TFA are the only movies in the franchise to reach 2b (ANH adjusted for infl).

You faggots are plain stupid

The fans are giant babies.

>The population hasn't grown since 1977

>S-stop I'm in charge here

What is your point supposed to be?

The only delusion here is anyone that thinks Last Jedi is doing well. The optics alone will wreck Disney's balls.

that you idiots are going in a circle of retardation ?

The shortcommings of the movie or the assblasted OT fans have nothing to do with the BO numbers.

What?

So anyways, this movie is selling less than expected.
Again, what is your point?

>what is adjusted for inflation

You are to stupid to live

TFA made exactly 2 billion? I thought it was a bit more

>less than expected
and you happen to know the expected figure?

It is a shit film. Also, people will get star wars fatigue faster than capeshit fatigue.

Its selling exactly as expected. Disney never expected it to reach TFA numbers, only Sup Forums did.

My personal opinion is that Disney will be worried only if it underperforms Rogue One.

The point we are getting at is people are already getting tired of star wars movies.

Don't stop posting this, keep triggering the shills

Capeshit fans are used to getting new content every month, while the people who like Star Wars waited 2 decades for the prequel trilogy. Now that Star Wars is following the MCU production model people won't have the patience for all these movies. TLJ is the beginning of the end.

That's star wars previous adversiment failures not the rule, almost all seguels do more money than the first movie you fucking retard.

Hobbit 1 to 2 was only an 8 million difference...

DAMAGE
A
M
A
G
E

CONTROL
O
N
T
R
O
L

Not really, superhero movies are in a worse position.

Starwars is in a safe place because theres actually nothing competing with it.

You have StarTrek, but thats niche compared to SW.

SW has a monopoly on the SciFi fantasy genre.

>its not real if i say so!!!

TRIGGERED
R
I
G
G
R
E
D

>Starwars is in a safe place because theres actually nothing competing with it.
The way TLJ was written, it feels like it's trying to compete with Marvel movies.
>SW has a monopoly on the SciFi fantasy genre
It's no longer 'sci fi or fantasy,' now it's 'MCU with spaceships.'

Very few people go to movies saying "I want to watch a SciFi fantasy movie" they say I want to watch a good movie, and as long as Star Wars keeps shitting the bed less people will see it.

pffff

Are you actually saying Star Wars movies is just Avengers in space ?

Man you guys are literally brainwashing yourselves with idiocy jesus.

so tlj will make 1.0-1.1
the budget of han solo is around 600 mil, i hope this shit flops hard

It made a ridiculous amount of money in the US and the worldwide cinema market is much more lucrative now than it was back in the 90s, you have IMAX, more developed economies etc.

I'm saying that the studio producing this series now treats the films the same way it treats Marvel and probably shuffles personnel between MCU garbage and Star Wars. It's not hard to understand what I'm saying: Disney runs both franchises and views them as a means to profit. There's no reason to think that Disney execs care about Star Wars fans' expectations or the legacy of the franchise. MCUfags never had high expectations and are used to incoherent stories being told serially over the course of decades and then retconning themselves when things get out of control. That's how comic books work. That's not how Star Wars has worked.

INHALE

Most people who went in for a good time had a good time and then some.

Lets not say on one hand that "everybody hates this movie" and on the other "omg is down a point again guys we are winning"

Only fanboys hated it, and they took their anger on that RT score or whatever. Joe Normie and his family can't give a shit.

The problem is that the SW hardcore fanbase is way bigger than in other franchises.

Succinct and precise.

>what is hype culture
American education

>Only fanboys hated it

Keep telling yourself that.

its funny how different places are reporting

The studio that produces these movies are actually two different studios with different values and production philosophies.

The one thing they have in common is their parent company witch writes the cheques and pays the bills.

If comedy is selling, then both companies will try to capitalize on it regardless of who owns it, its sound business.

You do realize that inflation adjustments concern currency valuation, not consumer base growth, right? In other words, if a 2017 film makes as much as a 1977 film after adjusting for inflation, that means the 1977 was massively more successful (~50%) than the 2017 because the 2017 film drew from a 50% larger consumer base.

decreased 3d ticket revenue
less hype similar to attack of the clones

inflation = more currency in circulation = more population.

Don't double down on your stupidity

DISNEY SHILL BTFO

I don't follow SW religiously and I thought the film was underwhelming. Finn's sacrifice would've sweetened the pill, otherwise the movie is fucking boring and should've ended after Snoke got killed.

>inflation = more currency in circulation = more population.
LOL

i never said its a great movie. Some elements are stellar and others are downright mediocre, its a mixed bag for sure.

But from that to the vitriol on this board is a long way.

I sincerely hope this is you right now.

The last paragraph ruins it.

>movie makes 750 mill in 10 days
>A FLOP
the state of SW tards

If you had told me I'd ever feel this bad for Mark Hamill, I would have laughed

two years of hype versus ten years of hype

>If comedy is selling, then both companies will try to capitalize on it regardless of who owns it, its sound business.
Whether or not it's sound business, the MCU sucks and the more it's allowed to influence Star Wars, the worse Star Wars will be. Star Wars is just a reskin of GotG now.