I TRIED SO HARD

I TRIED SO HARD

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/24/where-the-last-jedis-grosses-would-be-if-it-performed-like-a-normal-star-wars-movie/#4d95bae57057
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wow, apparently people don't like shitbloods and women in their movies, who'd have thought

WE DID IT REDDIT
DISNEY DECLARES BANKRUPTCY

Yikes

>movie is terrible and people don't like it
>IT MUST BE BECAUSE OF THE DIVERSITY THAT ALREADY WAS IN THE OTHER ONE THAT WAS A SUCCESS

btfo

>earning less on the second friday/saturday than TFA made on weekdays in its 3rd week
how did they fuck up this bad?

More people saw force awakens because it was the first Star Wars movie in 10 years. But now we have a new Star Wars movie every year from now til we die, and with the same didney kwality. Less and less people will pay for it.

Can JayJew Abrams save this ship?

That's not how it works.

Rian Johnson's trilogy is canceled, right?

And with every movie we'll be seeing a bigger percentage of various subhumanoid entities like Finn.

Bruh

TO ASTROTURF

AND NOW IM SAAAAAAD

>15 years of anticipation vs 1 year
WB shill intelligence, everyone.

nice try boy

HAHAHAHAH

>what can we do to keep the delusion going
>if we spam Sup Forums nonstop surely it will not make money
>surely Disney will retcon the entire movie

The absolute state of SW fanboy, bah gawd, not even Sup Forums is this retarded.

it's exactly how it's working

I don't know why everyone gives him so much shit.

I loved star trek and I to darkness, I thought they were a fantastic way to reboot the star trek universe, and I love star trek.

I honestly think he is a decent director but I don't think anyone is good enough to be able to turn this around. It's been fucked too hard. I genuinely don't care what happens in the next movie anymore lol. I don't care if Rays parents turn out to be alive, if smoke is actually live, or of they kill off every character in the movie. Any attempt to make Luke still be alive will be cheesy and I can't forgive a starwars universe where Marks legacy is fucked in a broom closet.

I'll watch it to see what happens but it will probably be the last star wars film I watch in theaters.

>ignorant

There are 46% more people in the USA now than in 1977 when the original Star Wars was released.

There are 80% more people worldwide.

The Force Awakens barely beat The Phantom Menace.

>nothing but nostalgia pandering
10/10 best movie of all time
>actually trying to go somewhere slightly new
0/10 trash nobody better pay money to see this garbage

muh data. Inflation adjusted domestic gross was taken from Boxofficemojo.

>actually trying to go somewhere slightly new
Yes, young jedi vs space black knight, his army of stormtroopers and his old deformed dark side space wizard wanting to take over the galaxy and turn into a facist empire

completelly new

>spam the same pics in every thread
>get refuted again
>lose his shit

Are you going to do this in every fucking thread?

>Empire Strikes Back made almost as half as Episode IV

Sup Forums btfo, TLJ really is the ESB of our generation

>There are 46% more people in the USA now than in 1977 when the original Star Wars was released.

And a lot less people watch movies on theaters

I'VE PUT MY TRUST IN JEWS.

>nostalgia pandering to try and bring the old audience into a new movie
>a base storyline developed
7.5/10

>movie disregards the plot of everything that comes before it and is filled with plot holes even if you only include it's own story.
>hurr durr we tried something new, we tried doing the opposite of anything anyone could possibly want out of this movie.
>you wanted to some delicious cake, SURPRISE IT'S MADE OF SHIT AND SCRAMBLED EGGS HAHA DOESN'T THAT MAKE IT AMAZING?
0/10

The last 5 years have averaged 30% more ticket sales than 1980. I can't find 1977 but it's likely even higher.

Also that is a failure of the movie industry. The customers are still there so the comparison is valid.

the domestic gross of TFA is fucking insane. No wonder comparing TLJ to it looks so bleak.

>“This is arguably my favorite Star Wars movie,” Kirtley says. “It has the most moral complexity of any of the movies, it has the most surprises of any of the movies, and is the most intellectual and self-aware, and gives you the most to think about afterward.”
Really makes you think, huh?

RUSSIANS HACKED THE BOX OFFICE

Well it's behind the original trilogy and just barely (4%) above the Phantom Menace, which also had a big build up and tons of excitement.

Well yeah that just proves a ~15 year gap between star wars movies will make you at least a billion dollars every single time.

I fully agree with that statement desu.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Not really, i mean maybe your under a rock but the entire thing called the "internet" and the services it offers such as video streaming and movie pirating have really lowered the percentage of active movie theater goers.

The real sin of this movie is that we end this movie at almost the exact same place we ended the previous movie, but have lost interesting plot threads.

Ray learned basically nothing from Luke.
Snoke was hyped up but was nothing.
New characters were introduced only to be killed off right away
And in the scope of things we're still at the same LAST ORDER vs THE REBELLION point we were at the end of TFA

Compare it to The Empire Strikes back, where the Heroes had suffered a crushing defeat on all fronts, but our director trying to be "subversive" and "original" makes it very clear not to end on the same note, unaware that there was a REASON Empire ended the way it did, to build tension and keep the audience invested in the conflict. Instead we got a bunch of white noise and filler and what do we have to look forward too?

More Kylo? Some space battles? A twist like Snoke isn't actually dead that we all see coming? There's no real shake up. It's the exact opposite of Poetry.

That's irrelevant when the overall tickets purchased have been higher in the last 5 years, by a significant margin, than when the original trilogy came out.

How is it tracking this badly?

Same can be said during the 70s. Average weekly ticket sales in the late 30s were several times the us population.

>everyone is a shill for the mouse!

wewlad

TIME AFTER TIME

Disney got cocky. They thought one successful film meant they didn't have to try, when what they failed to grasp was that the Second Film is the one that REALLY HAS TO FUCKING STICK THAT LANDING, and the Last Jedi is not a film that sticks the landing.

>SW fanboy, bah gawd,
They're currently trying to convince themselves that the SpaceX rocket from the other day was a nuclear missile launched off the West coast by an Israeli nuclear submarine.

They keep having threads as if it literally is happening at this very moment than when it actually did.

Oz and Fisher aren't Jewish.

Jewishness is matrilineal.

You do know that A New Hope was in wide release from 1977-1982 right?
Empire did well but ANH was just one of those groundbreaking films that was in theatres for literally five years

Also you are forgetting about population increase. Kind of makes a big difference when comparing movies 40 years apart
Basically your chart means shit out of a proper context

Anyone remember where that rediculous screening contract from Disney was trying for rob the theaters of their proceeds? Did dinsey know all along they had created the biggest dumpster fire ever?

according to Reform Judaism being considered fully Jewish is also by paternal lineage

this is a Disney shill trying to create the appearance that our peaceful Burmese sock sewing discussion boards are filled with alt-right racists. do not fall for the Mouse's tricks

You shills need a new gig.

Good. They deserve to get fucked where it really hurts.

>being this buttblasted
cry at forbes

China was not pleased even with the new Asian character.

holy shit the shills trying to push that this movie is overperforming, lets see if they this narrative if end up doing less than rogue one and than 50% of the force awakens

OH NO NO NO NO NO

I hope your ready for Disney to tighten the strangle-hold around the next film. Instead of just letting JJ Abrams do his thing they're going to have executives supervising everything and making decisions based on what is "safe" or what appeals to the most amount of people based on market research. God forbid you do something unique with the series because it always comes back to the fucking normies

I hated TLJ but damn you're probably right. Like Mark Hamill said, it's all about money. If Disney has to play it safe like TFA to make more money, they will. And as we've already seen, they won't hesitate to hire new directors to execute their agenda.

This is very bad for a reason that isn't being cited:
>within another week or so there will be HD rips/streams/torrents en masse that are not honeypots
>ergo, barely anyone will have to pay to see it nor will they want to as the reviews keep bashing it

Fuck you Disney.

fire*

>earning 500m less than it’s prequel

Has any other film accomplished this?

Just wait for Christmas you retard.

It will be worse than that. Domestic will be likely around 600-700 million, so 300-400 million less than TFA. Foreign is harder to gauge, but it is unlikely to be more than 800.
This movie might make 600-800 less than TFA...

it was against /LITTY/ competition

>it's only gonna make $1.5 billion instead of $2 billion! Disney BTFO!
>*the last two prequels, with much greater hype behind them and only 1 bad movie baggage instead of 3, grossed $650 million and $850 million respectively*
>*Disney's main """rivals""" for cinematic universes pretty much always gross in the $500-$800 million range for their biggest movies*
wow disney's on suicide watch.

The Force Awakens fucking sucked.

It just didn't suck as much as Last Jedi.

Nobody is giving Woke Force a 10/10.

And what happens if you adjust the metric to opening day to day eight, as opposed to Friday-to-Friday?
>The Last Jedi earned an additional $24.68 million on its second Friday, a sharp 76.4% drop from its $105m opening day. That's a lot, bigger than most top-tier MCU movies and not close enough for comfort to the 67% drop for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story last year. And while it may be a record Fri-to-Fri drop for a Star Wars movie, the prequels had worse "opening day to day eight" drops in their respective runs. Phantom Menace opened on a Wednesday and fell 72% on its second Wednesday. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith opened on Thursdays and fell 78% and 81% on their respective second Thursdays.
TLJ's box office is so far behaving like a Star Wars sequel's box office. Pretty standard.

It's literally impossible for it to do less than Rogue One even with shitty BVS level legs.

>forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/24/where-the-last-jedis-grosses-would-be-if-it-performed-like-a-normal-star-wars-movie/#4d95bae57057
No, it's underperforming and doing worse than any other Star Wars films when it comes to holds and drops.

its supposed to make ar least 35 mio tomorrow. what are going to then, haters?

There are also a lot more movies being released

t. mouseshill

>A shitty copy of ESB and RTJ

>Unique

people say the last jedi is so long when it is 15 minutes longer than FORCE AWAKENS
wtf, people bitch about this all the time!! every video review or article I read, it is only 15 minutes longer

you do know most if not all people who have one non jew parent and the other is a jew the children ALWAYS say they are jewish and not the non jew part!!!! i have noticed this on hollywood and everywhere else. most of the "jews" in america are half jews, one parent is a jew and the other isnt. jews love to marry outside their religion but force the new partner to become jews

>falling to this meme
Movie is shit anyways, would be shit with or without porgs and Kylo Squareabs

>35 mio
Is that some poor person currency? who cares?

People are complaining about it being long because it feels long, one of the worst things you can say about a movie. Especially an action adventure movie. Nearly 2/3rds of the shit going on throughout TLJ is entirely superfluous to the main plot and at the end of the movie contributed nothing, the same as if they hadn't happened at all.

B-But Reverse Inflation!

nope, it works like that:
jewish mother = you're jew no matter what
no jewish mother = you can't be jew no matter what

You mean like last year where it fell on a Friday and still dropped 58.6%?

I've unironically not seen any of these new Star Wars films.
Closest I've gotten is watching RLM talk about how disappointing they are.

He probably meant Christmas day. And the estimate are already about 30 million. That's about 100 million for a 4 days "weekend." It's still shit.

Where do you guys get these?

Is this why they are insisting on the heightened take domestically? Did they predict it wouldn't do as well or are they just greedy in the first place

box office mojo

boxofficemojo.com

The only estimates I've seen are that on Saturday they were predicting $100 mil for the weekend. But they only had Friday and Saturday's numbers ($53.85 million) and were forecasting off that. There's no reason to think Monday will be busier than both Friday and Saturday, even if it is a holiday.

To play devil's advocate, three was no home video when Star Wars released in '77, and it played in theaters much longer and good re released many times.

Last Jedi is still a giant cock up though.

They're done.

ITS OVER

I know the box office numbers are adjusted for inflation but what I find interesting is the changing price of tickets are never accounted for. From what I understand Gone With The Wind has still sold more tickets than any other film. If I'm wrong I'd love to be corrected, I find this stuff fascinating.

On the contrary, I think they expected it to do so well that they'd have the leverage to get away with such a move. If it really does disappoint then they may be forced to walk back on those new policies

Well I've seen the first two and basically forgotten everything about them except for the Sup Forums memes because they were so dull

>CHINA will save this movie
*inhales*

This. The Last Jedi would've been the biggest movie of all time, but Jumunji stole the thunder. No one could have predicted just how litty this raunchy, fun summer flick would be. J. J. Abrams HATES Jumunji!

Yeah that would be interesting, considering the population was much lower back then.

It's adjusted for inflation in ticket prices.