So apparently hating the podrace is a thing now

So apparently hating the podrace is a thing now.
Can someone explain why?
Is it part of being on the autism spectrum and trying to rationalise that the TLJ was good or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiXsBdt40to
youtube.com/watch?v=NE2Gi455xHw
youtube.com/watch?v=Hn2OEZ0HFjE&list=PL9mkETIL5zye-kwW4JAquONC4OI6wDPwZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've heard people shit on it as being a pointless CGI carnival ride but I've always liked it.

>too accurate for sand people
>shown to bullseye racing pod engines going canon 600mph or more

It's people who enjoy the NT and dislike people saying the prequels were better.

The podrace is one of the great SW sequences. It's memorable, exciting, and has relevance to the plot.

Because it was also bad

I never really enjoyed it but I didn't hate it and I could understand why it was included.

>So apparently hating the podrace is a thing now.
Wasn't it an always a thing? Even when it came out, I remember people hating it.

Podracing was the best thing about Episode 1, features some of the best sound production in cinema and birthed a fucking great video game.

yipee i am rooting for a ten year old hooray i hope he gets the gold

The problem isn't that it's a race. The issue is that Lucas is a moron who was trying to make Anakin a cross between Moses (Chariot race) and Christ (Virgin birth). Anakin should have been about 16-18 and it should have been a speeder race. And what the fuck is with those fucking retarded electric beams between the engines?!? That shit always looked stupid when it should have been a cable!!!FACT!!!

I blame it on Hayydenfags being unable to appreciate anything but him giving angry faces and that RotS travesty being the equivalent of their ideal self insert fanfic.

the video game was great and Darth Maul was the best thing about episode 1.

it's brilliant.

the sound design is probably the best i've heard in a film.

A Plague of Rats upon you and your family

>Moses (Chariot race)
what

this edit makes it incredible imo
youtube.com/watch?v=OiXsBdt40to

that game was fantastic. I never got to unlock that villain which let you cheat and fire the torpedos. Still remember some of the levels by memory.

No, it was considered one of the best parts right after the Maul fight (which people now also hate).

youtube.com/watch?v=NE2Gi455xHw

To answer , it's because people want to pretend there was nothing good about the prequels so they can use prequel hate to combat sequel hate. "You think TFA and TLJ are bad BUTWHATABOUT the prequels NOTHING WAS GOOD ABOUT THEM." Honestly, I like the prequels, I like the sequels, and I like the originals despite the flaws all of them have.

If they'd given the two-headed announcer alien an alien voice with/without subtitles it'd be borderline kino

Tb h you're a retard if you didn't like this sequence. It also spawned one of the best SW games - n64 podracer.

Whatever you think about TPM and god knows it's a sludgy pile of mostly crap, the pod race is AWESOME.
Especially when Anakin goes up the ramp, cuts power, free falls, then slams on the accelerator to power past Sebulba. KINO editing.

My favorite part about the podrace is the lack of music. I think the whole thing had really great sound design. I love the sound of the engine as it approaches, and the fading sound of the engine as it goes off the screen. Really effective.

I don't remember anyone hating it. They hated Jar Jar tho.

It's one of the more tolerable, even fun parts of the PT - good sound, pod racer & alien designs.

>now

It's not 1999, user.

It's awesome with a good sound system

youtube.com/watch?v=Hn2OEZ0HFjE&list=PL9mkETIL5zye-kwW4JAquONC4OI6wDPwZ

Its boring as shit and takes too long

I haven't seen TPM in probably 15 years, but besides the terrible child actor I remember really liking that sequence. Pod racers are fucking cool

The game was good. Darth Maul is a one-dimensional plot contrivance whose only saving grace was cool costume design and duuuude, double lightsaber.

i'd just remove that thing, it reminds me of those jelly fish from shark tale

wouldn't it be absolute tits to get a new podracer game in todays technology?
you could even make it VR compatible.
fuck that'd be killer.
pop on those goggles and zip through the narrow canyons on tatooine.

only thing that would top that would be star wars pod racer arcade with VR.

Why would jedis condone child slavery instead of just recking the fuck out of that plaze and setting all slaves free? What a bunch of hyprocrites, the republic and the jedis. No wonder how the empire took a hold so quickly. Jedis genocide, best day of my life.

And yes, podracing sucked

>terrible child actor
i honestly don't get this.
give it a rewatch and you'll see that hes fine, even comparable to many of todays young adult actors.

Lies! Darth Maul fight and Duel of the Fates were always accepted as the only redeemable parts of the trilogy, even back then

>Why would jedis condone child slavery instead of just recking the fuck out of that plaze and setting all slaves free?

Because Jabba has all the bounty hunters on his payroll.

Maybe if you had no friends and no way to obtain a consensus, yea. Sorry you grew up alone.

>Moses (chariot race)
Do you perhaps confuse it with Ben-Hur that had the spectacular chariot race? Charlton Heston was in both Ben-Hur and Ten Commandments.

But he said "Yippiee" in one scene, that is clearly unacceptable.

Things people liked about the prequels at the time.

The Phantom Menace: it was a new Star Wars when that was a big fucking deal because we didn't have a new one every year, Maul was badass, double-bladed lightsaber was badass, Maul fight was badass, Jinn was cool, young Kenobi was alright, the podracing was great, Duel of the Fates was tight, Naboo and the Gungan City were cool, plus we got to see how they met R2 and how C3PO was made and stuff like that.

Attack of the Clones: Padme hot as fuck, arena fight was tight, Dooku is cool, Jango Fett is awesome, fucking clone troopers are cool, the new planets were cool, the Yoda using a lightsaber was awesome, plus there was basically no Jar Jar (lol).

Revenge of the Sith: seeing Anakin become Vader made it all worth it, Palpatine was great, the final fight between Anakin and Kenobi was epic as fuck, the Wookiee battle was cool (fucking CHEWBACCA), more great new planets, plus no Jar Jar again (LOL!).

My perception of him tends to depend on my mood, sometimes it's tolerable, sometimes it's just grating. What I don't understand is why he's getting so much shit when Hayden is just as bad if not worse, this guy murders the movies every time he opens his mouth.

No. That was usually one of the positives people listed, along with the Maul fights, Palpatine, and the score. I didn't think it was amazing, but it was a nice little action scene and fit into Star Wars nicely.

Maybe you're confusing the actual podrace with of one of the most hated lines: "Now this is podracing!"

>seeing Anakin become Vader made it all worth it
That part was literally awful by how hard Lucas fucked it up. The only good part was seeing that shitstain Hayden getting cut into pieces.

>the final fight between Anakin and Kenobi was epic as fuck
Literally FX student discovers AfterEffect and make his headcanon fanfic an actual thing.

>the Wookiee battle was cool
That was fucking nothing you moron.

>plus no Jar Jar again
Do you even pay any attention at all? Jar Jar is in RotS.

it's what I expect ready player one to be. needless to say I'm not going to watch it

Right, so bad the game that came out of it is considered one of the best games on that license.

your post confuses me to the point where i feel pain

Where are all the purple-haired, tattooed strong women in that crowd?

I like the podracing sequence just for the sound design alone. Ben Burtt is a god.

>trusting (((obi wan)))

Stop, you're making me want to rewatch it.

This. People who don't appreciate it probably watched it with their virgin TV speakers instead of a chad 5.1 setup

It was a terrible scene when it came out and is likely still terrible today but I'm not gonna rewatch that pile of shit to find out.

Ben Burtt and John Williams are the only redeeming factors of the prequels.

Wasn't the entire thing a Ben Hur refference? All I remember from when Episode I came out was the Pod Race and Lightsaber fight.

He's terrible

It isnt a fight that you can turn your brain off in so normies hate it

>Lucas is a moron who was trying to make Anakin a cross between Moses (Chariot race)...

The only Moses chariot race I know of is from "The Prince of Egypt" which was released more than a year after filming completed on the Phantom Menace.

The only thing I hate about podracing

>"Im the only human that can do it"

Wait what......? Why are humans so shit at it? This grunty dinosaur and pig aliens think faster on their feet than humans? Humans suck at podracing?! Why aren't we using all these other species as pilots in the wars then. If humans are so shit hire all those species to fight in the clone wars. Clone that blue thing or 4 armed guy. Let them fly ships if they're so damn good. Get the humans out of the cockpit.

>we should hire NASCAR drivers to fly fighter jets

Completely different skillset.

>Get the humans out of the cockpit

apparently its harder than flying fighter jets cause humans can do that but cant podrace.

Ever thought that it has something to do with the nature of the courses?

It was a local thing. On other planets, in the big leagues humen rule!