The Fate of Rey

In the next and final installation of the Rey trilogy we're going to see Rey and Ben settle down to eventually have a child, a young boy, and while the galaxy seems like a more peaceful place since the First Order had been dealt with. Rey and her child find themselves somewhere transported back through time to the Old Republic days, somewhere near the end, to where they come out on the desert world of Tatootine. Being familiar with desert planets since she has spent a good amount of time on Jakku, Rey begins looking for the nearest settlement trying to keep her baby cooled down and well nourished.

This is where she runs into a group of slavers that take her and the child. Rey fights them off since she knows what that life was like since she was sold into slavery by her scummy parents, but eventually, the numbers overtake her and she finds herself in restraints. She is later purchased by a strange bluish alien with a long nose named Watto, who's occupation is a junk dealer. Rey convinces Watto to also purchase her son since the child needs a mother and the father was out of the picture. Watto agreed on the condition that the boy goes and works for him.

Rey settles down in Mos Espa under the new name of Shmi Skywalker. Shmi was the name given to her by her owner Watto while Skywalker was a surname she took on herself to honor Master Luke Skywalker. The boy spends his days in the slave quartets until he meets a Jedi Knight named Qui-Gon Jinn who discovers that the boy is incredibly gifted with the force and takes it upon himself to train the boy regardless of what the Jedi Council suggests. The name of the boy, Anakin, Anakin Skywalker.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=FQDoDKeBvdA
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5U8cqwyd74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

would be good if it was true

Time travel would be good for Star Wars? Are you mad?

>we need a name for anakins mother
>ahh just name her Maria-schmia whatever
>Lucas comes in the room
>I know what to do

How come I actually want this to happen? The whole idea of time travel seems silly and stupid within the confines of Star Wars, but this kind of bridges all three trilogies together. Not only that, but it does bring the Rey character full circle. Started as a slave in a desert and ends as a slave in the desert. Plus it would have had a weird yet interesting feeling knowing that Rey met her grandchildren before she even knew. Fuck you, OP, I actually want this now.

That would be great actually
If Disney does it then i’ll suck a black dick

So would this make Kylo Ryn the Star Wars' equivalent of Kyle Reese?

Star Wars is dead. Might as well.

>tfw Obi-Wan actually chose to go by the name of Ben because of Kylo Ren and not the other way around
he was a good friend

Stop saying Star Wars is dead when it continues to dominate the box offices and puts money into the coffers of the Walt Disney Company. If it were dead then it'll be something we could rejoice at since that would mean there would be no more films being produced and less marketing.

JJ has thrown it into multiple projects of his own already. LOST, FRINGE, Star Trek, etc

What happens to Kylo Ren though?

Star Wars is a revenant.

>A long time ago in a flat circle

P O T T E R Y

and it all wraps up like pottery

Kylo’s real name is Ben? Why did Han and Leia name their son after someone they hardly even knew?

That remains a mystery to the audience that they could find out once the new Canon EU starts publishing more novels about him.

As long as that ghost keeps making Disney money it would never truly be dead. It would only be more machine than man now.

They obviously named him because of Luke's influence in their lives. It's that not uncommon. I'm named after my great grandfather who I barely even met nor did my father meet him or had any influence in our lives.

>luke stays on some jedi planet for years
>he is actually hiding a super secret thing on the planet thats so dangerous he can never leave
>every generation of Jedi, one will alway stand guard on the planet to protect it (using the force power to block people's mind of its existence)
>Ghost Luke tells Rey what the deep secret of the planet
>its a cave that can transport someone to any point in time
>a time cave if you will
>Rey and Ren go into the cave together.
>film ends
(though its cryptically implied that she is pregnant with Anakin)

So Luke is the Star Wars equivalent of this guy?

So the time cave is the Star Wars equivalent of the Tree of Time from The Legend of Korra?

Do Rey and Ben enter the cave in this fashion?
> korramind

Anakin is still going to grow up and become Darth Vader, Luke and Leia will still grow up and live their adventures, while Rey, Kylo and cia. are growing up.
Would that mean the entire saga is confined in an eternal loop?

Just a reminder that Korra has more character development than Rey.

it won't survive the han solo movie, it isn't even out yet and it's already a flop

Bullshit, you and I both know that the Han Solo movie is still going to make Disney money regardless of quality.

>In the next and final installation of the Rey trilogy we're going to see Rey and Ben settle down to eventually have a child

Rey is gonna get BTFO in IX because Daisy Ridley publicly proclaimed there are only two genders

Wouldn't Rey know Darth Vader was once Anakin Skywalker by then since Ben might talk about his grandfather once in awhile?

TLJ has shown that fan backlash does have a reaction with audiences, the movie dropped really fast
Everything that has ever been said about the han solo movie has been awful, and there is no trailer yet, it has no chance

She already knows about Darth Vader from the mind rape scene. She still could lack the information that Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker. Not sure how, but this is the same franchise where a baby recalls her birth mother.

> Domestic Total as of Dec. 24, 2017: $365,088,356 (Estimate)
That doesn't say it's a failure to me.

Plus nerds will still pay money to see anything Star Wars even if they hate it.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm

I would unironically watch this

Rewatch the interview, she was trying to say that only two genders out of many are rapresented within the movies
they would have made her apologize publicly if your waifu meant what you assumed she meant

Great way to soft reboot the franchise OP. But this time when we retread the same time it will just be a legit remake instead of a nostalgic glib facsimile.

What did she mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=FQDoDKeBvdA

And in a universe of aliens I refuse to believe every species is confined to having two genders. Not even Star Trek species follow the typical human mold.

He meant figuratively. The movies they are making are already fucking so bad, that time travel wouldn't be the most idiotic thing they think of.

She meant exactly what I said, that only two genders are rapresented in star wars instead of all of them; she clearly differentiates between "all genders" and "two genders" meaning the two statements do not share the same meaning
Again if she said what you are projecting onto her, they would have her apologize, because you simply cannot hold the opinion that there are two genders as a respectable public figure anymore

No he didn't, you retard. That's not what anybody who calls Star Wars dead means. They mean that as if it kills it off from existence. It doesn't. Nerds will continue to pay to see the shitfests because of masochistic tendencies. Regular movie goers will just go and pay to see it just because they want a ride of adrenaline. The movies will still make money and the franchise will continue to exist.

Then why do the comments on that YouTube video say otherwise?

I'm really drunk now so just tell me, are you fucking with me or are you a part of the 54%?

54%?

As neat as an idea as it is, it doesn't make sense as it would cause a time paradox

What is the time paradox? It just sounds like a regular boring time loop to me?

I think Janet Varney is my waifu.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5U8cqwyd74