The Witcher Netflix

Will it be the next Marco Polo or the next Game of Thrones?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LHissrich/status/940701578830344192
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So shit or shit?

I outright Refuse to watch it because I KNOW Netflix fears the dumbasses on twitter asking why there’s No blacks, kebabs, indians, jews, latinos, Asians or some monstrosity of them all combined together in Medieval Poland.
Fuck this gay earth. I’d have rather this came out AFTER hollywood burned to the ground & the Race War Took Place.

literally 80% ugly gook tits, no thanks.

They just announced an Iliad adaptation with an all black male/white female cast, so just accept it will happen.

It will be the Next The Bastard Executioner. Did you remember that? Exactly

Sorry but this board is Yennefer stronghold, go back to Sup Forums with that shit taste

>twitter.com/LHissrich/status/940701578830344192

The showrunner is one of the producers behind The Defenders and the second season of Daredvil.

She also wrote episodes for the Defender and some for Daredevil. So it will probably be shit.

Season 2 of daredevil was great and Defends was good in places.

*popular shit or unpopular shit.

Fuck it, more they do blatant shit like this The More People Wake Up to what’s going on.
They’ve pushed it everywhere too much with the same angle for People NOT to notice that something is up.

what kind of guy gets a girl like that? it's not fair bros

Sup Forums is a Cirilla board

This unfortunately. I have no problem with "diverse" cast members in most cases but this is a uniquely polish story and should be casted with people who at least look slightly Polish.

We're more likely going to get a loud sassy black woman as Ciri and a Latino Geralt. This will be done solely for the purpose of removing white actors. Thus, I refuse to watch it.

Who the fuck is that suppose to be?

It won't be that drastic user, but a black Dandellion and all races extras are all but a given. Also, all the characters are probably going to be bisexual. Sure not looking forward to see gay Geralt.

My future wife

OK but how is that related to Witcher?

a black dandelion would be fucking hilarious.

If remember correctly, Ciri is a bit of a carpet muncher. Gay Geralt is a possibility in the show but they'd do it like they did with Frank Underwood: some random unexplained fag scenes just to say they were inclusive. Black Dandelion could be funny if he was a stereotypical nig.

I've just started The Last Wish and know I'll ruin any slight chance I'd have of liking the show if I finish the books.

>tfw marcopolo was canceled, but new sandler movies will keep coming until the day he dies

Triss Merigold of course

No more half measures, Geralt.

ayo ciri hol' up...so you be saying we finna busta into djikstra's vault? shiiiiiiieeeet (audience claps and laughs hysterically)

She'll have a black boyfriend in this

AYO GERALT DON'T TELL YEN IMMA NIGGER

Cool, just started reading The Last Wish too. I couldn't play the games, but I got myself a brand new computer that can run them for christmas, so I'm reading the books to prepare myself.

There's only one main character in the Witcher with red hair, genius. Figure it out.

Read all books first, the games are best appreciated having read the books previously.
Also play with Polish voices since they're actually very high quality and consistent, the English dub is a joke where LITERALLY ALL ACTORS except Geralt's change between each game and Geralt's English voice is comically terrible Nolan's Batman impression.

English Geralt is fucking awful, Polish one is great

t. pole

I'M DANDE-LION GIRL, ME AND MY HOMIE THE WITCHUH WAS SLAYIN' SOME DRAGUNS AND SHIET

Beat the last DLC of W3 last night. Got the complete edition earlier this month. I have to admit that few "worlds" have sucked me in as quickly as the witcher has. Probably going to play W2 after the books

Iorveth is badass in Polish

t. not Pole

you should play tw1 after you're done with the books because it takes off from the moment the books end

She's not nearly busty enough

Ciri was basically raped by that chick, she likes dudes

She was raped but she had stockholm syndrome for her rapist

Triss is hardly a main character also this

Well until bonhart comes along

>Triss
>main anything in the books
She's a side character

And Cahir

>tfw TW3 r34

Gotta love people like Angry Joe who describe themselves as a fan of the franchise and appreciator of Polish culture, but still play the game with English dub, because reading is so hard.

Nu uh
My ciri flirted with the stable Boy.

The average American has the attention span of a 4-year old when it comes to reading subtitles for some reason

Man that right tiddy must feel quite uncomfortable.

>tfw studio fows witcher 3 movie will never come out

They fucking announced that thing over two years and set a release date for 2016.

wow

this is so good.

i'm a sucker for redheads

>blacked by nigga Dandelion doing raps

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU

no adult Ciri in this series

There are three black actors to about 10 white actors in the new adaption you fucking halfwit

The world isn’t BLACKED.com, unfortunately for you

which is fucking stupid.

Ciri is what a strong female character should be

she's literally perfect

god w3 is so good.

triss is best girl

The absolute state of vidya fags, read a book sometime you illiterate faggot

books are better

t. Andrzej Sapkowski

I do agree though

Ciri is sadly the definition of mary sue, she's pretty fucking boring without Geralt too

I hope they’ll do an amazing job with this series and don’t screw it up

So you havent read the books

AAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA *inhales* AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fuck off and die in a fire

I'm pretty sure Sup Forums would freak out if Ciri would be depicted in the same way as in the books. She's even worse than Rey.

i have

books arent better

game ciri is perfect

book ciri is meh

I have and I'm polish
t. waifufag
She's a retard in the books. I really wish she wasn't introduced at all, just the random stories of Geralt doing witcher stuff is good enough.

Cast her

If it just follows the novels, the world and characters are already done. It won't end up like GoT where they have to make shit up.

Half of Daredevil was good, everything about Elektra was shit

>b-but I read a wiki...I mean the books
Sure sure I believe you too

Uncensor her

>Gay Geralt is a possibility in the show but they'd do it like they did with Frank Underwood: some random unexplained fag scenes just to say they were inclusive
Admit it, you're looking forward to Geralt and Borkh having fun... along with his two lovely Zerrikanians.

It was not implied he had sex with the dragon, more like them both sharing the whores

>big boobs
i hate this meme

>Mother/ TV writer/ Lover of women carrying swords and sais

Wew lad

Don't be fooled user, even if the story is finished they WILL make shit up, new characters, plotlinesm etc. It's just how things worth. I hope not though, if they can keep it to a minimum or make changes that actually improves it like Peter Hackson's LOTR trilogy it could be kino.

>yfw it turns into The Hobbit

Games are sometimes better and equal to short story books and Baptism of Fire. Gwent writing is abysmal.

Doesn't have the budget to go that overboard with CGI, just expect low-quality costume designs like later GoT seasons.
True, I expect some really annoying new characters to tag along on the adventures of Geralt and Dandelion

I'm not ready, anons. Someone's gonna have to hold me, the little joke at the very end won't be enough.

Prepare for some annoying niggers

Ciri is an awful character in the games and books, and she has the shit side effect of making every other character she comes into contact with shitter.

I didn't watch the original polish Witcher movie, but at least in the looks department, their Geralt looks about right, if they can cast someone and make a costume that looks just a bit better than pic related, I'll be fine with it.

It's simply because she's made to be THE most important character in the whole book while not being interesting enough to pull it off

Do you actually believe that? Are you so deluded and so invested in your victim complex that you can just warp the truth into a lie?

inb4 HAHA STARE MADS AS EVERYONE bullshit

I'd love to see pic related as Geralt. I mean, book canon wise Geralt is not handsome at all and looks weird, but we're definitely not getting an ugly protagonist, especially after the games

Gotta run barefooted to the top of that volcano user

Travis would be great, but my bet is that are probably going to ask a unknown actor.

Hopefully one that actually fits and resembles Geralt well and actually puts effort into the role - hair color, contact lenses wearing wise. Looking at the Lannister/Targaryen bullshit here

They need to cast Jason Isaacs.

I think it's partly that the bossy little girl going into angsty puberty doesn't work in a feudal and serious setting, it's also a problem with some other characters like the sorceresses, who are shown to be so slutty and vapid that the serious aspects of the plot then seem insincere.

So do you mean later seasons of Marco Polo or early seasons of Marco Polo, and same thing for GoT. Because 1st season of Marco Polo was quite watchable, and 4 first seasons of GoT were watchable.

The next StarGate SG-1.

and Draco as Ciri

No

It's by no means a definite but the fact that they've used Armitage for voice work and he's done historical and fantastical roles before makes him seem a pretty likely candidate. I don't see how they'd have this guy in front of them and think he's not perfectly experienced and suited for the role.

Wouldn't mind, he's great and looks the part.

>those long ass book moments where sorceresses/mages just talk about shit to no end

Question for bookfags, is Triss in the books? Is there a chance for her to be on the show?

Also, I really should read the books one of these days.

Yes, Triss is in the books and is a complete bitch and for some reason is all over Geralt's dick

I personally think Yen is also a huge bitch and I dislike them both

*medieval Poland, Germany and Italy

Yes and yes. However, CDPR really went out of their way to make her appear less awful in the games. There are lines/Dandelion's journal entries that hint at this in The Witcher 2, maybe elsewhere.