Remember kids

even if a character completely ruins the pacing and quality of a story, they will become universally loved by viewers immediately after being threatened or killed off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z1rVF8Np4xw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She didn't ruin either user. What're you on about?

she ruined everything

Remember kids, if you have no insight and have as much cognizance as a chat bot you can still make sentences by creating word salad from various things that you saw happen.

The entire relationship between Jack and Ashi took up more than half of the episodes that could have been dedicated to a much better build up to the finale. Same with the focus on Ashi over Jack.

truly the lightning of samurai jackm season started to fall apart when she got more screentime, also fucking shipfags killed the series

Post proof then and go easy on the opinions.

A blo blo blo. Stop being such a fucking virgin, you misoginist cunt.

Yeah i thought the beginning of Up was extremely forced and it was insufficient to move me to care for the characters in such a short time.

I distinctly recalled laughing when i saw that the girl miscarried because she had been nothing but an annoying shit in the previous scene where they're young.

Ashi would have been fine if the relationship remained awkwardly platonic. Squeezing in a romance subplot in the last few episodes was a poor decision. I don't mind the romance itself but there simply wasn't enough time to develop it along with everything else.

1/10

This

But instead lets just blame Ashi for existing at all...

She ruined the plot granted it was still good but it could have been an absolute masterpiece otherwise

The shows was originally made for children lets not kid ourselves here.

>even if a character completely ruins the pacing and quality of a story, they will become universally loved by viewers immediately if they have a vagina
fixed it for you

youtube.com/watch?v=z1rVF8Np4xw

Remember kids, bait threads and false flagging threads are the bane of a healthy board culture.

That's a good one.

but not anymore

I didn't care for her, nor did I hate her.
It was a weird choice to go for a romance plot and not my ideal choice especially with so little time but I was willing to accept it.
where I grew irritated is that they spent all that time on romance and buildup only to kill the character at the last second for no reason.
we could have had more time for an epilogue or longer fights but we went the romance route which could have been at least okay but instead there was no payoff.

Ashi didn't ruin anything, though.

I don't think anybody who didn't like Ashi suddenly started liking her because she was dying, and if they did then the only reason they didn't like her is because her character began to imply that she and Jack would survive a happy ending together.

This thread is childish and super salty.

I can't believe people were so easily manipulated they actually gave a shit about her cheap, lazy and easy feels appeal death.

Their relationship WAS part of the build up. Without Ashi, there isn't even a way for Jack and Aku to finally face each other.

A lot of people don't understand that season 5 was an internal journey about a man finding hope through passion and rising to a forgotten call for action to save the world. They're unwilling to observe internal growth, and failed to recognize that Samurai Jack was always a story about a stranger in a strange l
finding himself. It's no mistake that Jack started this entire journey at the age of eight, and that his initial battle with Aku was his very first battle. Jack being thrown into the portal at the beginning was a turnabout related to his own pride. In his youthful arrogance he thought he was on top but he was unwise to the machinations of evil and was set on a journey of self-discovery in evil's world.

The younger viewers who believe Jack 'could have just sat down at any time and reached tranquility' are really funny. Why don't you just sit down at any time and reach tranquility? I doubt you even believe in the concept.

Stranger in a strange land* finding himself

I can't believe grown people are so invested in a children's cartoon that they go out of their way to hate a drawing

>I WAITED FOR 13 YEARS FOR THAT POTATO SALAD

>This thread is childish and super salty.

Welcome to Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general.

Maybe you're just a salty cunt.

I wonder if the immaturity of this board and its eagerness to reject basic cartoon morals are related.

What a facile argument.

>if you didn't like it you're a baby, and you have a lot of growing up to do, buddy
People are allowed to be dissatisfied with something they had been waiting a decade and a half for. Smells suspiciously like people that never watched SJ growing up in here, if we're throwing shit around like petulant faggots.

You mixed up your wording there. The *original* show was made for children (but only technically - nobody in their right mind would really argue that).
The new season was not.

Daily remind that if Genndy had gone for the Daughterfu root it would have been greatly more interesting.

Do you think your expectations became a bit confused, split between childhood and adulthood, over the course of 16 years? Of course the ending was highly anticipated, but I think people inflated their expectations to be beyond really the kind of work you find in a Genndy cartoon. I for one watching the original series never got the impression the show was about or for the ending, rather it was the episodic adventures of a lone samurai in a strange world. Genndy said so clearly enough when he said the entire show is based on his dream about wandering.

I thought it was rushed, but told a good story. I'd throw my wallet at a collector's edition with extra material.

She didn't. The writers did tho.

You can't do a power of love cliche with awkwardly platonic relationships.