Whenever I see Darkseid, I can't help but think Michael Ironside should always voice him. It just works so well

Whenever I see Darkseid, I can't help but think Michael Ironside should always voice him. It just works so well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTECNKpZAM4
youtube.com/watch?v=et8YHRw9jcA
youtube.com/watch?v=Igo6VNWvr-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ditto

DCAU got pretty much all the voices spot on.
Everyone from Orion to Gorilla Grodd had perfect casting and delivery.

Darksied has some serious black guy voice going on

Guess again.

This, absolutely. I love how calm he is while still being completely menacing, which works with his character - Darkseid is so convinced of his power he doesn't need to affect a big booming voice. He just is. I cringe every time they cast a generic black guy.

>Michael Ironside will never say he is the tiger force of the universe
>Ironside will never deliver the speech from Final Crisis

It hurts

100% agree, it's one of my biggest letdowns with IJ2. I really like the old Brainiac VA too, but they were clearly going for a much different character than the DCAU version, so I can let that one slide. But yeah, no Ironseid in IJ was a bummer

exactly how I feel so why dont they recast Ironside? no one else can express the ultimate evil of this character. Ironside gives me chills, hes the best and I want him back otherwise I just don't get excited to see and especially hear Darkseid.

you can't have a Darkseid monologue without Ironside thats for sure.

DCAU was a love letter to cape comics through and through
youtube.com/watch?v=iTECNKpZAM4

>Everyone from Orion
Orion was in the DCAU?
Would never have guessed given what they did with Darkseid.

yes, Ron Pearlman of all people, also John C. Mcginley as Ray Palmer

>yes, Ron Pearlman of all people,

Wow, they really wasted that bit of perfect casting

You know, Darkseid has been appearing more and more in the media recently, yet Ironside hasn't provided voice for I believe any of his appearances. Is he just not interested in the media much like how the guy that provided the voice of Unicron in the Transformers movie? He's so iconic from his delivery in the DCAU you'd think studios would take him as first pick.

>Thinking you have to be black to pull off black guy voice
StamperTV has black guy voice too.

I feel it was a solid casting
youtube.com/watch?v=et8YHRw9jcA

It is solid casting, but wasted because what did he really do?

>whenever I see [DC character] I always think that if they're voiced by anyone but their DCAU voice actor I should scream and shriek and shit my pants

Every time

It was but Orion was terrible in the DCAU.

The New Gods are always fucked over whenever the Justice League are involved.

Honestly user it's very hard to top that casting.
youtube.com/watch?v=Igo6VNWvr-s