Whomis the best Robin, and why is it Tim?

Whomis the best Robin, and why is it Tim?

James pls.

The best leader is always the one with the best team.

Tim needs a new identity. One all his own.

Is there any Tim/Kong fanart?

He has red robin

Robin is _______

>all his own
>Red_Robin_Todd.jpg

>Tim needs a new identity. One all his own.

Red Robin
>Created as Alex Ross' end-game for Dick
>Repurposed by Didio for Jason
>Repackaged by Nicieza for TIm

lol

He really is the blandest Robin

From what is this?

DAMIFAG INCOMING

Dick>Jason>Damian>Carrie>Tim

>"Robin" but with a color
>his own identity

Why not becoming spy

Where do you rank Steph?

Not A Robin Tier

She was robin for like 2 issues, then fucked up and got banned from vigilantism. Then she fucked up again and died.

Pic related is #1 for me.

She was Robin for 3 issues of the Robin title, an issue of Tec, an issue of Batgirl, and an issue of Teen Titans. That's six, not two.

Is Steph beatboxing in pic related?

You mean Yost. Nicieza had to set that all up for Yost.

TTG Robin is pretty great

Of all the Robins, which one is closest to TT Robin?

>>Dr Midnight should sue.jpg

Dick>Jason>Tim=Damian

That changes everything

I like how they outlined the green bits there.

From 1st to last
>Dick (First Robin, became Nightwing usually, shows up in adaptations (most of the time as Robin), First leader of the Teen Titans)
>Tim (Help Bruce rebound from Jason's death, was unique up until Identity Crisis, had a long-running ongoing
>Damian (Current Robin, had some major roles, his role pre-Flashpoint reversed the Wayne-Grayson dynamic and was a shout-out to numerous What-Ifs where Dick was Batman and Bruce's kid was Robin)
>Jason (Only noteworthy thing he did as Robin (that most people remember) is get killed, got more development as Red Hood
>Stephanie (Was Robin for six issues, was retconned out for a while by the Flashpoint)

Note that I'm grading them strictly as Robins and not their later identities, nor am I saying they're bad characters in any way.

Mostly Tim, mixed with Dick.

robin sucks
best robin is dead robin

The creators said they tried to make 03 TT Robin an amalgam of all Robins (specifically Dick, Jason, and Tim). One of the core aspects of the show that the creators discussed is that they weren't going to explore secret identities. The characters are who they are, meaning that Robin is just Robin. He's high flying and charismatic like Dick, he's prone to impulsive violence and going dark like Jason, and he's clever and inventive like Tim.

As for his actual identity, most information points to Dick. In "Fractured" Robin is introduced to his own 5th Dimensional Imp (a la Batman's Batmite) in the form of Larry, real name Nosyarg Kcid(Dick Grayson backwards). In "Haunted" Robin's hallucinations show us two people falling from a trapeze and a candle in a cave, referencing the murder of the Flying Grayson's and Dicks candlelight vigil before officially becoming Robin. And in "How Long is Forever" Starfire encounters Robin's future self as Nightwing.

However, there's some evidence suggesting Tim. Mostly his costume, which is heavily based on Tim's original costume, and his weapon of choice being his bo-staff, which is Tim's signature weapon. (As opposed to Dicks escrima sticks, Jason's guns or Damian's sword) Furthermore in his original origin Tim also saw the deaths of the Flying Grayson's, and in "X" Beast Boy suggests that the new Red X might be Jason Todd, which is admittedly a sight gag, but most of these bits are background details anyway, so if Todd is an option that could suggest that our Robin isn't the first.

But yeah, in terms of personality he was designed to be an amalgam. So, in answer to the question which of his influences is he most like, I'm gonna play Devil's advocate and suggest Jason, the one Robin he explicitly isn't.

1/2

2/2

Why? Robin's best arc is undeniably the Apprentice arc, and he's by far channeling his Jason influences the most in those episodes. He's impulsive, overly aggressive, and hyperviolent to the point that it unnerves and upsets his partners, concern that he largely dismisses.

He creates the Red X persona and commits crimes to try and get closer to his enemy, using crime to try and stop worse crime, a core part of Jason as a character, and even the ultimate resolution of the conflict is pure Jason. Infecting himself with the probes and then basically telling Slade to eat shit is exactly the kind of impulsive, self-destructive, irreverent behavior that we expect from Jason.

Aside from that arc Robin in general has a tendency to brood quite a bit. Not that Tim and Dick don't brood some but Robin has a tendency to get moody and darker than we usually imagine the upbeat Dick or practical Tim being.

Robin being Jason in TT would make sense given that he was way over the top violent.

Synder pls. duke sucks.

Damian Wayne Does not need the robin mantel to be famous...
he is Damian Wayne the son of the bat,
and the son of Nightwing..
What is tim without robin ?

yeah but that's a dumb name
cool costume though

So you like Jason?

Same for me, but switch Jason and Dick.

Because he was fun, before DC ruined his personality.

AS ROBIN:
Dick = Tim > Jason = Carrie > Damian > Steph

AS THEIR OWN CHARACTERS:

Dick = Jason = Tim > Damian > Carrie = Steph

Imo of course

He was supposed to be all of the first three Robins combined and they only have given him Dick's name because fans were bitching about it.

Of the boy Robins, I think Tim is the only one I'm not explicitly very attached to. I feel generally lukewarm to him.

I hated Vegas Showgirl costume Red Robin but i was never crazy about Dr Midnight ripoff Red Robin costume either..

I'm sure his relationship with Starfire had nothing to do with it. Not to mention that "Fractured" occurred in the SECOND season, a bit early to be writing the show as fan pandering don't you think?

Perfect taste

Dick was, and always shall be, the best Robin.

He was the main guy and she was the main girl. Of course he is going to have a relationship with her and I doubt that the comics have anything to do with it.

Besides, it was confirmed by the creators themselves that he was amalgam of all three Robins.

Dick is the closest to TT Robin when his team isn't falling apart.