>"Gasp" I do!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ESi9co9W5eg
youtube.com/watch?v=8CG-N5HfD2k
youtube.com/watch?v=tZvWgMU52k0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>OP, you're a faggot!
>*gulp* Aahh! I guess I am!

What, did you want her to say nothing? Did you want her to explain her next moves out loud for Aku to hear?

How about that part with her not existing but bring it back to episode 2.

Name a bigger asspull in western animation.

You can't. After the first two episodes the season was a rushed mistake. Ashi was a shoehorned character that should've died when jack dropped her off the cliff.

Your problem is with time travel going backwards, which was always a part of the show but put off until now.

Is an asspull something you call that you yourself couldn't predict? Because people did see it coming and it made complete sense given how all the time portals were destroyed.

Episode 3 was good

That entire exchange was just awkward as fuck. They clearly had to say that so the audience wouldn't be confused why Ashi suddenly spit out a time portal.

In reality, episodes 1-3 weren't that great. Compared to most of seasons 3 and 4 they were downright mediocre.

16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS 16 YEARS

That's not how I saw it. It looked like Ashi was focusing on Aku and didn't realize what she was actually doing until Jack interjected.

My problem with Ashi making a time portal is it was fucking stupid.

So she wasn't aware that she was shape shifting and firing laser beams from her eyes? Sounds fucking stupid.

Care to explain why, tripsposter?

You just really hate fun, huh?

If all you can say is "fucking stupid" for any kind of explanation you just stay bitter and other people don't understand you. There are problems with the show/ending like for example Jack's dad not being older and Ashi's disappearance being delayed but when you complain about a part of Aku being able to use Aku's powers you sound fucking stupid.

She was literally just countering Aku with whatever he did to her, caught up in the heat of the moment.

If I hated fun I wouldn't enjoy random episodes with zero continuity, like almost the entirety of the original series (outside the Scotsman episodes and the multi-part ones). I enjoy quality writing, period.

The *gulp* was the sound of OP swollowing semen I assume?

>asspull

It made sense in universe and was the most logic and smarter solution. If it didn't happened you would be complaining why she didn't did that.

That didn't bother me at all.
If anything, it would have been dumb if she couldn't use the powers after taking control of that part of aku

But 1-3 were on par, hell, even better than most of sj seasons 1-4.

We're complaining she was able to do that at all.

And you still haven't explained why a part of Aku shouldn't be able to do what Aku can do, outside of "it's fucking stupid."

Because Ashi should've never been in almost the whole season to begin with

HEY GUYS LOOK I HAVE AKU'S POWERS NOW ISN'T THAT AMAZING?
I CAN CONTROL THEM ALL!
WOW LOOK TIME PORTALS! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IM SENDING YOU TO THE RIGHT TIME AND PLACE EVEN THOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR PAST BAAAAAAAAAAAA
WITHOUT AKU I HAVE NEVER EXISTED LOL

My problem is that it was completely anti-climactic and poorly written in.

Fucking deal with it already, damage has been done and Ashi existed. This goes for all you whiny faggots.

>ashi never existed

FTFY

So then you're just salty Jack had a romantic interest despite the fact that it was intentionally weaved in to give him the only logical way home after Aku remained the only entity capable of time travel?

She went with him. If it ceases your autism you can pretend they went to the wrong time period multiple times until they finally got it right, what does it matter? The end goal was the time of Aku's first fight with Jack.

You know what else is fucking stupid?
The fact that Aku never used this power to keep sending Jack into the future.

Boo fucking hoo, bitch nigga. Get over it, already.

>It made sense in universe and was the most logic and smarter solution. If it didn't happened you would be complaining why she didn't did that.
trufax

I can see it now:
>If Ashi had Aku's powers then why didn't she just open a portal through time?!?!

No I don't have a problem with that. It was paced awkwardly, a generic plot device, and was lazily used as a solution to resolution all in a sloppily wrapped to go container.

This. By then Aku would be off the planet ruling the known universe.

Honestly I went into the finale knowing the ending itself was going to be stupid, so I wasn't shocked when that happened.

Yes the pacing is jarring here and there.

There was nothing generic or lazy about using Ashi's powers to get him home. Maybe the word you're looking for is convenient, but even then, it's been 50 years, which is why Genndy chose to tighten the scope to Jack's encounter with her, since that set in motion his real journey home.

No definitely lazy and you proved my point as being used as a generic plot device.

No shit it's a plot device but there's nothing generic about it. And go ahead and repeat yourself without explaining why it's lazy, that'll definitely convince people.

>just keeps sending Jack further and further into the future.
>eventually reaches the end of the universe, where all the stars and the planets are empty wastelands, where the only thing that exists is a single cityship of robots and demons ruled by a dementia addled Aku

It was playing too hard on the love interest trope while hastily pasting together a relationship bond that was just plain morally incorrect and again lazily written in the story.

The reason Genndy put a love interest there instead of establishing one earlier on is because of how Seasons 1-4 were episodic in contrast to the very linear Season 5. It's also why Jack is more stoic in 1-4 and emotional in 5 since Genndy wanted him to have a consistent behavior given episodes could be out of order. But he always wanted Jack to have a love interest based on his original vision.

How was it morally incorrect? Jack hadn't aged despite time passing. It's not lazy especially in the sense of relationship-building with 'just some woman' since there has been a precedent for Jack having a weakness for women. The reason Jack and Ashi were in the desert in the episode they finally kissed was very likely to call back his time with Ikra.

It was an asspull because it was never established that she could become as strong as Aku until that very moment. "She is a part of Aku" isn't a great explanation when she didn't have or use the powers for 95% of the entire show.

Name some better episodes then faggot even in your nostalgic blinded rage you can't

Here's a list I made a few days ago, but keep in mind these are only the best of the best, many other ones surpass those as well:

>Jack, Ye blarney fool! By going back to the past you will end all life here as we know it! I can't let ye do it, lad!

Why does nobody including Jack give a fuck that the timeline is going to be erased? When people say the series has no weight it's shit like this, where dumb love interests take precedence over the existential and moral elements of jacks quest itself.

youtu.be/ESi9co9W5eg
Aku activated it in just the previous episode.

Because countless years of suffering were erased along with said timeline.

I tried so hard to like the finale, because I've been a Jack fan since the show aired. It was stuff like this that didn't let me feel satisfied.

>They kill the Guardian, who was an entire prophecy that showed Jack's growth, for "Oh yeah I do have his powers!"
>Jack doesn't even ever fight Aku beyond just killing him, no major showdown between the two, instead it's all about Ashi.
>Somehow Aku can be hurt now by things that aren't the sword (or magic if you want to argue the Elementals)
>Instead of just sticking with his guns, Genndy decides Jack should stay miserable forever and kills his gf, who had so little development that it didn't even have any weight to it.
>Scotsman now magically can shoot sonic waves with bagpipes instead of using his skill and prowess in a fight.
>Ashi randomly disappears because there is no Aku, but it doesn't happen immediately for some reason.
>Genndy finds a need to end with Jack being miserable instead of letting the audience enjoy Jack's victory like we should.
>That absolutely awful last line of exposition that is the last line of the fucking series.
>End the show with a forced symbolism that only started appearing just a few episodes earlier.

People have been dragging themselves up and down to defend it, but I honestly can't. Genndy dropped the ball on it, and you could see the fumble around the episode where the mysterious figure was just a spoopy ghost to fight, and Jack's redemption didn't even stop with him, making him useless.

She took down an entire army with her bare hands a couple episodes before. They were clearly foreshadowing it.

Fucking this.
>Literally no mention of the fact that the countless people Jack has helped will be erased from existence
>No time-lapse showing the good future Jack created for all of his friends
>Just "DUHH WEDDING OH NO I DIED AFTER THE WEDDING"

posting for posterity

youtube.com/watch?v=8CG-N5HfD2k

And I had thought it was SJW shit. I felt so stupid having seriously doubted Genndy at that moment.

>female character does thing
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ESSSSSSSSSSSSJAAAAAAAAAAAYDOUUBBLLEEEEEEYOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS

I can't imagine being as bitter, autistic, and delusionally paranoid as some of you people are.

There are plenty of people living in happiness or peace even in a world of aku, like literally everyone Jack freed.

It's not like there was no suffering in the real world either.

"Nobody hurts my daughters! Except Jack that's okay :)"

ITT things that never happened

>gif related

There was no real happiness during Aku's reign. Stop being an Aku apologist.

Everyone put up a facade to cope with the horrors.

dat filename tho

There's literally a compilation of scenes where people are living normally before the final battle. Like the dog dudes, Jack helped them get everything they needed and now he had a family of 100 or something.

It's not being an aku apologist it's about having the characters address the fact that they are going to disappear forever. Even children's videogames addressed this better. Stop being a gendy hack apologist.

>Bring back the Scottsman, the most popular recurring character besides Jack/Aku
>Just pops up for 5 minutes in the beginning of a random episode as exposition for why he's a ghost
>Then pops up for 1 more minute at the end just to say hi to jack and do the ghost-pipe-shield-thing
This entire season just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>inb4 "you're just complaining because your favorite character didnt get more screen time!!!"
Scottsman deserved more and you all know it.

I can name a much bigger one:
youtube.com/watch?v=tZvWgMU52k0

That seemed like she was just being taken over by Aku, not that they were "activated."

That was not a clear foreshadow at all. That was generic super strength. Nobody would have batted an eye if Jack did the same exact thing.

First of all, the "before the final battle" part is critical, for obvious reasons that you ignored.
Second, how many others did not get a chance to "live normally", whatever that even means?
Third, they clearly preferred to help Jack even after Aku broadcast his goal to the whole world.
Finally, why are you so sure those same characters wouldn't pop into existence again? Yes, butterfly theory exists, but it really helps if there's some direct connection, which in many of these characters' cases there simply isn't.

Nobody said "as strong as Aku", Sue just has his powers.

>Nobody would have batted an eye if Jack did the same exact thing.
You're fucking joking, right?

So it's unreasonable to think he could take out an entire army like Ashi did, even though he single-handedly killed all of her sisters and almost killed her?

Without weapons? Absolutely.

wouldve been better if he just stayed in the future, ended Aku there as a compromise, and preserved all the good characters. The reminder that his parents lived the rest of the days as slaves and thinking he had failed should be punishment enough

So you agree that he could do so if he had a weapon? That proves my fucking point.

>proceed to grab the sword by the blade

>it was ashi's human half holding it

>Flesh covered by the same material as Aku
>Grabs the sword by the blade
>Doesn't hurt her at all
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this was fucking retarded.

>grabs it with black hand

But Ashi didn't use weapons in that battle! That was the main problem.

What reasons am i ignoring? It shows them all living in peace. The episode where ashi meets everyone shows them living in peace.

Second it doesn't matter how many people died. How many people died building the societies that Jack lives in? Nobody is suffering survivors guilt from that. If people are suffering survivors guilt from aku it's not conveyed. Aku is normal in that universe.

Third they wanted to help Jack because he helped them, not because they were eager for their universe to be destroyed.

Lastly the entire world exists the way it does because of aku and his weird immigration policies. Without that it's doubtful that any of those characters will pop up again.

It's not to much to ask to have characters confront their own existence, stop defending the hack man

>*blocks your path*

>That was not a clear foreshadow at all.
Except that it was and Sup Forums was too busy jerking off to MUHHH SJW WOMEN DOING THINGS REEEEEEEEEEEE to notice it.

>Hey I'm going to go back in time and kill Aku so that your ancestors and past relatives don't get raped,murdered, and enslaved
>Alright sounds good
Stop being autistic

For once I wish the villain won, and I don't mean in stories that are supposed to be a meta joke.

I felt the same for Madara because I wanted him to win in Naruto.

>we'll just sacrafice everyone in the present to save people from the past
This is a terrible mentality. I'd put death as a lesser punishment than not existing so by that logic without a doubt killing everyone in the future to save the past is wrong.

>I'm going to go back in time so I can live in peace in a world where you do t exist. You are all about to make the ultimate sacrifice while I live in harmony and you don't care

Fuck off gendy

I wanted her to say "Now my fetishes can finally come true!" and cock vore Jack.

>Wow Ashi, it looks like I really am the Samurai Jack!

Yeah, I hated that scene where Jack travelled around the world once more and specifically made sure that no one but him only would live in harmony in the past. Not like changing the past was better for the world or anything...

The ending.

Holy shit you can't be this autistic? First off the whole point of the show was to kill Aku so the terrible shit he has done won't happen. Even the good peaceful parts that you like while you ignore the giant amounts of suffering people went through.
Second off if you want to get really autistic we can just assume everyone you see in the show will be born but not into a world with AKu
Third off I'm pretty sure everyone who knew Jack knew he wanted to go back to the past to kill Aku

>unarmed
>not holding them off in narrow passage
>mowing them down and not slowly retreating back up till the last soldiers are down

Genndy introduced to her in order to kill her later. She is nothing but deus ex machina. This is lazy writing. Everything got solved like inner Jack and him retrieving his sword. What would be shocking would be that Aku's would appear on the ladybug. You Fool Samurai!

How is wanting characters to acknowledge that they're being sacrificed autistic? In a series that claims to be darker more subverted etc it's pretty weird how literally nobody confronts this issue. There's no playing with the idea that the characters met on the show are essentially a part of aku, where if aku goes they all go.

Actually Jack could've just stayed in the future, killing aku and avenging the deaths of his people while keeping everyone he's met alive. Why is he not attached at all to the world he's spent most of his life in? He's Immortal essentially so he'd have plenty of time to bring order.

Maybe if you'd stop calling everything autistic you'd understand there's meat here that was sacrificed for a shitty love story.

Aku's Infection is still the best Jack episode

>Ashi is mind controlled
>"Fight it, Ashi! I know you're still in there!"

>Jack says to Ashi "I love you"
>it breaks the mind control

>Ashi's final words are "btw this is why I'm fading away"
>not "I love you" or "thank you" or even just "goodbye"

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING HACK WRITER DO YOU HAVE TO BE

>Without akus cock i can't go on
what did she mean by this?

found the pmdg poster

What are you smoking? The season showed equal portions of killing and suffering in the hands of Aku's subordinates. And that's not accounting for the unseen oppression Jack didn't intervene on in the 50 years he's been there.

>Actually Jack could've just stayed in the future, killing aku and avenging the deaths of his people while keeping everyone he's met alive. Why is he not attached at all to the world he's spent most of his life in? He's Immortal essentially so he'd have plenty of time to bring order.
Holy shit you're not even worth replying too anymore

since this is a reflection of Genndy's dreams, it probably makes sense for her to disappear just like that, without getting to say anything dramatic

>Jack forfeits several chances at accessing time portals because he had to save innocents
>all those innocents just get wiped from reality anyway
??? I don't get it. What was the point?

He's probably just too stupid to understand these concepts. To him, the show told him that getting back to the past is the goal, so he can't fathom any other possibility. There's a greater moral consequence to changing things in the past than just beating the monster.

Are you alright?