So he's just a mentally healthier Batman?

So he's just a mentally healthier Batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/gg6dbr5
youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, he has the best and worst qualities of Spider-Man and Batman mixed together in him.

>daredevil
>mentally healthy
Read a fucking comic

He's as mentally retarded. I can't believe they dedicated half a season to MUH NO KILL RULE without Frank Castle pointing out the obvious about what dropping fire extinguishers on heads does to people.

strawpoll.com/gg6dbr5

>Catholic
>Irish
Nope.

That doesn't make any sense

He's Batman except working class, no Alfred, wracked with Catholic guilt and even worse mommy issues.

He is better then Batman. No fancy gadgets, just sheer fucking guts and skill.

He's a lot like Batman in Year One (which shouldn't be shocking) whereas Batman is now busy being fat tall Tony Stark.

Yes

but why

Punisher is Ashi of season 2. Daredevil's character was warped for the sole purpose to oppose Punisher, Punisher isn't there to challenge Daredevil.

Charlie Cox about S1 and killing: "You know, in Season 1, Episode 2 when he throws the guy off the roof -- that's a gamble, you know what I mean? ... So, you know, I think his no-killing record is slightly by chance at this point."

Only a cassual think that.

Didn't Batman piss his pants in Year one?

Nah. Season 2 was true to the comics. Plus he needed a opponent to solidify his moral code.

>Season 2
>true to the comics
Dude, they made Death of Elektra without Bullseye.

Fucking hate Sup Forums tourists, get out.

I honestly think elektra did that better than frank. He had more reason to care, and was still opposed even though he wanted to be with her. That takes balls.

>Confuses Smith and Miller.

Shamefur.

Well technically she isn't going to be dead, they're raising her, she'll be in defenders. So they can always kill her again.

She fucken died.

And was killed by her own sai just like in the fucking comic.

Except it was fucking OC Nobu and not how it was in the comic with all the emotional build up and context for why that death had impact, because they wasted all that time on shilling Frank's show.

Yeah but they tried comic approach before and it translated badly, so how would you do it differently from 03' version?

Without WAKE ME UP playing in the background?

Movie was fucked sideways because every goddamn producer were telling director what the fuck to do and he was just rolling with all the punches.

And it cut several key points like absolutely removed the Hand, removed Heather Glenn, Foggy is non-existant, made Bullseye a complete faggot, it tried to fit in majority of Frank Miller's run into an hour and a half movie and lots of its problems can be attributed to its weird edgy 00's style that feels more dated than Matrix.

The movie is just slightly closer to comic book than TV show, but make no mistake, they are both fan fictions unrelated to comics and neither of them are "comics approach", they are meant to stand alone on their own as their own products.

P A T T Y
A
T
T
Y

>comic
Not even necessary, there's nothing in the two seasons of Daredevil that should make someone think he's mentally healthy.

Plus OP posted a picture of the show so I'm pretty sure he's referring to that character only, in which case DD is a guilt driven, empathic, humble man with anger issues and an adrenaline addiction.

So nothing like Batman, or Spider-Man, or really any other street level vigilante on the screen right now

>Elektra is a Greek ninja created by a white dude, being protrayed by a French-Vietnamese woman speaking in an English accent
GLOBALIZATION!

She still looks better at it than Gardner. And seriously like people in U.S think of anyone being greek other than bronzed faggots that can't pay their debnits.

That wasn't meant to come off sounding like a complaint, merely an observation.

I mean you were unironically hitting nail on the head, if you've checked out elodie yung's insta, she's definitely pro-globalization. She was at muslim ban/border rallie while she was filming in NY. And since she is french, she has shit there against La Pen. Most actors are liberals so I wasn't entirely surprised but it makes a certain amount of sense that people going to these rallies aren't even our citizens.

I always find it weird though..she's got all the right liberal brownie points but then she stars in Gods of Egypt. Which was hated by liberals for being whitewashing.

>>I always find it weird though..she's got all the right liberal brownie points but then she stars in Gods of Egypt. Which was hated by liberals for being whitewashing
Actors make weird choices sometimes. Elizabeth Banks was in the Power Rangers movie. Anthony Hopkins is in Trans5mers.

Money and hypocrisy win out in quest to have a better career over a fluff ideology.

OP should still read more Daredevil comics, in fact everybody should. They're pretty damn good.

No, fuck off, Sup Forums is Sup Forums's subsidiary now. Comics are icky and for virgin nerds.

>Implying Sup Forums hasn't been conquered already

Foul Plebe.

>Catholic
No.

but why

"True to the comics"

Dosent mean

"Carbon copy"

>strawpoll.com/gg6dbr5

>Catholic
>Mentally healthy
lol wut

He's Batman who suffers from Catholic guilt.

That sounds really unfortunate but at least we'll always have airport scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw

>So he's just a mentally healthier Red Batman?
ftfy

He's literally the poor man's Batman.

>I can't believe they dedicated half a season to MUH NO KILL RULE without Frank Castle pointing out the obvious about what dropping fire extinguishers on heads does to people.

They have to ignore that Daredevil's methods are sure to be at least accidentally lethal eventually because it breaks the genre.

>>Mentally stable man

>Dude, they made Death of Elektra without Bullseye.

The only justification for this is that the movie already did that scene.

This made the most sense to me but other guy seems kind of livid that they fucked it up.

I always thought the major plot of Batman was that he inspired all the crazy villains to rise against Gotham, since Gotham is this corrupted cesspool of elites. But then they end up getting beaten down by the hero himself.

only in very, very, very few continuities was gotham supervillain free until batman arrived on the scene

I think it goes without saying that to become a vigilante of any kind, good or bad usually means you're past the whole normal mental state of any kind.

Tragedy, violence, whichever origin they have, none of them are mentally sound.

Infact can you name a single mentally sound one?

mmmmm

Can you recommend some then?
I know Frank Miller's run is considered to be great, are there any other essential ones?

>Sydney
>better than Lenny
What the fuck?

Honestly, Daredevil is everything I like about Batman minus the things I hate about Batman.

The grit. The street level adventure. The adult drama, romance and fears. The ninja-like martial arts.

Without the ridiculous super rich plot device, character stiffness (he always has to go back to being the same person), the inhuman super intelligence or invencibility, and the fake loner persona.

Matt Murdock is a super cool guy even when sad, while Bruce Wayne is too unhappy.

Nocenti
Kesel
Bendis
Brubaker
1st half of Waid

>Kesel
that wasn't actually daredevil

>I've never read a DD comic

Thanks this helps me a lot!

Miller -> Nocenti -> That meh Kevin Smith arc just for the important event that happened there -> Bendis - >Brubaker ->Waid.

Waid loses steam through the run but it's alright.

Current Daredevil is decent too. Skip the writer after Brubaker because it gets bad.

Most people don't realize it's Aubrey plaza.

Not at all, he's actually gone through more psychological turmoil in the comics than Batman, I'd argue

>1st half of Waid
Why do people keep doing this? I see them only praising Vol.3, I ask them what's so bad about Vol.4 and they can't answer.
He put one SJW joke into one issue, did that really ruin the whole volume for you? It was as good as Vol.3 most of the time.

Agreed. And since he is a B lister they can experiment more. DD has probably had the best amount of good to bad runs out of any Marvel character.

Superman

Lenny is a cheap disguise of a grotesque monstrous psychic. There is no Lenny, really.