Joss Whedon takes over Justice League

Miss me yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=poH0nMPmCvc
youtube.com/watch?v=gHSFV5IkM5c
youtube.com/watch?v=3XX4-g-9_ts
youtube.com/watch?v=F-N--bMKlVc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Time Warner killed Zack Snyder's daughter to get him off Justice League!

Now here's the question

If it's good who gets the credit?

jk DC can't make good movies

>Superman snaps Zods neck
>"You didn't see that coming? xD"

the mouse

>Emotionally investing yourself in anyone from Quipfest: The Quipenning
Had it coming tbqh

He's talking to Zack about his daughter

A plucky but perfect Batgirl will be included and will be the p.o.v. character.

"Aquaman is scary but I like his thingy. I MEAN HIS TRIDENT. I'm definitely, definitely talking about his trident. *fangasm*"

"Yabawhaa? His name is Darkside, sriosly? And I thought OUR codenames were on the nose amirite?"

I think the movie's too far along for this to be a really meaningful change.

literally a thumb

I bet he's already horribly triggered by all the toxic masculinity in the movie

>Suicide Squad fag in denial

I hated that film.

The inly thing he can direct is reshoots. Or add more scenes which probably wont happen because its too far into post production and the actors are doing other shit.
Might have an after credits scene

You know he isn't. People are still triggered by the few twitts he made back then?

completely re edited by a trailer cutting company

I don't think I've ever been emotionally invested in a Joss Whedon character. Which makes him killing them off all the stupider.

I'm sure people said the same about Mister Doctor

no buffy love here, people?

Which Buffy character do you have in mind?

No we have better taste than that.
That's right even Sup Forums has better taste than to like Reddit le quirky sitck kills vampires with feminism
Only good character was the British mentor

capeshit is garbage.

>Justice Quips

He literally couldn't do a worse job with the characters than Snyder.

He will.

Prepare for le quips and feminism stronk wymons user

Oh look, another company wars thread. Saged.

So i am going to guess that at the point where the JL movie stops having great visuals and goes to looking like a big budget tv show, that will be about where Whedon took over.

yeah, wouldn't want Wonder Woman to be strong

Even after the Age of Ultron shitsgow, I legitimately think this can't be worse than whatever Snyder had in store. Pretty sad about Snyder's daughter.

im done

No, and I wish you'd fuck off forever.

Hey, where's that season 2 of Firefly?

oh yes he can

Snyder tried to have deep characters. He failed horrifically, but he tried.

Joss is going to have empty paper bags floating around, fluttering in the wind. The man hasn't made a deep character in decades, and wouldn't know what to do with one if it bit him in the ass.

there's a difference between Strong and stronk femnyst wymyn.

Not who you're replying too, but definitely Anya. It still hurts.

I'm wondering if the tone change will be palpable or if he'll keep steering the course.

MY MAN!!!

Wesley. Probably my favorite character in the entire Buffy Verse. His character growth throughout the entierety of the series is fucking astounding.
youtube.com/watch?v=poH0nMPmCvc

Buffy and Angel were straight up kino. Angel moreso than Buffy.

Buffy Rankings
1. Season 3
>The Mayor was fucking god tier.
2. Season 2
>Introduction of Spike and Drusilla. Significantly expanded on Angel's curse and his straight up sociopathy when without soul.
3. Season 1.
>A series trying to find it's footing that get's progressively better as it continues.
4. Season 4
>Defintely an oddball choice but I really liked the college setting.
5. Season 5
>What could have been a jump the shark moment ended up becoming a season long arc. Loved it.
6. Season 7
>Nathan Fillion is an endgame villain. Nuff said.
7. Season 6
>This isn't a terrible season by any means, but I consider it by far one of the most terribly unfocused.

Angel Rankings
1. Season 5
>Favorite series finale of all time. Fucking perfect.
2. Season 1
>It was a series trying to spread its wings and while it took a while to get going, it presented a series completely unlike Buffy.
3. Season 2-3
>Pure comfy. Team Angel is rivals the Scooby Gang in terms of personality.
4. Season 4
>Did a lot of things bad, but I feel completely turned it around with it's unexpected take on the apocalpyse (Jasmine).
youtube.com/watch?v=gHSFV5IkM5c

More focused theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=3XX4-g-9_ts

Fuck off faggot, Snyder had uncompromising artistic balls, I hope some day we see his director cut.

RIP in peace capekino.

>Literally willing to spend hundred of millions dollars on a movie.
>still get meme director
why

Still wouldn't be as bad as Snyder.

>He failed horrifically, but he tried.
How is failing horrifically better than just having fun "empty paper bags floating around, fluttering in the wind"? You don't get points for trying.

Buffy and Angel were my shit back in high school. Too bad the comics went downhill really fast, and signs suggest that Whedon ever coming back to the Buffyverse would be bad news.

Ripper would've been great if it came out in 2006 like it was planned though.

I've always been a fan of Ebert's metric of judging the quality of films, where he looks at what a movie was trying to accomplish and judges it on how well it accomplishes that, rather than on comparing all films against each other.

Does anyone know what stage the film is in and what a replacement director would be expected to do to finish the film? Theres no need to fear or hope for radical changes i would suspect. Isnt this sortve the last minute touch up stages now?

Avengers was boring as shit though and looked like a Big Budget tv show like most of the MCU movies not called GOTG

I don't know, he did some pretty bad shit to the characters in Age of Ultron. Some of it can't even be ignored by future movies, like Hulk/Widow, Quickslav dying for cheap shock value, and Hawkeye being a dad who lives in the middle of nowhere.
Of course, there's not much damage he can in the position he's in now. Besides, the DCEU is already unsalvageable anyway.

I have liked plenty of movies by Whedon and have hated everything Snyder has done, so this is definitely an improvement in my book. Although at this stage, I doubt that anything will change all that much.

The comic has actually gotten significantly better. Season 9-10 were significantly more focused than Season 8 and Angel's followup "Angel and Faith Series" was pretty swanky. Christopher Gage can definitely write a good Angel, Faith, and Giles.

>Buffy Universe Order

1. Buffy Season 1-3
2. Buffy Season 4 - Angel Season 1
3. Buffy Season 5 - Angel Season 2
4. Buffy Season 6 - Angel Season 3
5. Buffy Season 7 - Angel Season 4
6. Angel Season 5
7. Angel: After the Fall Vol. 1-4
8. Angel: Self Titled Series
9. Buffy Season 8 (also Angel Season 8).
10. Buffy Season 9 / Angel and Faith Season 9
11. Buffy Season 10/ Angel and Faith Season 10

Might be an inconsstency or two but it's mostly accurrate.

The film is in post-production. It means principle filming is done. Now it's being edited and special effects are being applied. Joss is going take over this and only going to direct the reshoots, nothing more. Don't get your hopes up. It's like bringing a 5-star chef to plate a McDonalds Big Mac. Nothing is going to change. It's still going to be a shitty film.

>I don't know, he did some pretty bad shit to the characters in Age of Ultron. Some of it can't even be ignored by future movies
You mean exactly like Snyder did for the DCEU?

What balls did it take to include Sears in both MoS and BvS

>Hulk/Widow
So?
>Quickslav dying
Fuck Quickslav
>Hawkeye being a dad
Pleb alert

>I don't think I've ever been emotionally invested in a Joss Whedon character.

You realize, in this pic, his shirt is unbuttoned right down to his potbelly navel?

>he's going to turn Darkseid into Trump

Anything is better than Snyder. At least Whedon CAN direct good movies, given the right motivation. Star Trek and Serenity were excellent.

Still, best to bring sunglasses to the theater. That man never knows when to stop with the lens flare.

Your writing style annoys me, but your ranking of the seasons is objectively correct

You're thinking of JJ Abrams.

Nah, it was absolutely abysmal. Only retarded nostalgiafags like think it was any good.

>The studio is fully behind the move. “What they are going through is unimaginable, and my heart — our hearts — go out to them," says Warner Bros. Pictures president Toby Emmerich.

>One of the first things the studio floated was the possibility of pushing back the release date of the movie, but the Snyders decided against that. Warners also extended Snyder's first-look deal to give him time to work on other planned projects when he returns to work.

>Snyder, after screening a rough cut of Justice League for fellow filmmakers and friends, wanted to add additional scenes, so he brought Whedon on board to write them. But as he prepared to shoot the scenes in England, Snyder realized it was not the time to leave home. “The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” says Emmerich. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing the baton to Joss, but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”

fuck off sensitive joss whedon

no not anything

We still got two more, guys.

I wish they would reboot the DC cinematic universe

Does it count as a wish if you stick it up your bum? Asking for a friend.

oh boy i cant wait for the wondy x cyborg!!!

>Buffy this.

>Avengers that.

Nigga, what about Doctor Horrible?!?

What fucking character did he ever fucking kill off?

Buffy, Xander, and Willow all survive Buffy. He only killed off Wash and the preacher guy in the movie finale of Firefly, and fucking Quicksilver (who no one gives a fuck about) in Avengers 2.

wasn't Joss' X-Comics good? and the first Avengers was a pretty good movie. it had the heroes acting like heroes. the power hitters fighting the aliens, and Cap on the ground getting everyone to safety. AoUltron was okay too, he just went a little too far with the quips, which I don't think he'll do for DC. Darkseid quipping? that's just so ridiculous. not to mention the quipping is MCU's thing, he'll probably try and separate the DCEU from that.

I'd swap season 2 and 3 of Buffy around but otherwise I'm actually surprised at your good taste in Buffy. Most Buffy fans have chronic bad-taste syndrome.

>Most Buffy fans have chronic bad-taste syndrome.
Of course they do. That's why they like Buffy in the first place.

I mean even within Buffy itself: the parts of Buffy they enjoy are bad and they don't like the parts of it which are good.

>le polite evil man
>good villain
>anything about Angelus
>good
Angelus is one of the worst villains I have ever seen.

This. The movie is pretty much done.

But man. I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel to have to bury your child. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

My Negro
>implying skinny blond feminist quipping patriarchy hunter was good in anything but Anglo-Saxon mentor and ending credits

Wish Granted but now all the movies are worse than Man of Steel and Batman and Robin combine

I liked the concepts and monsters in the show more than anything else. I was a child from the time the show began and moving into teens years when it ended. Feminist quips in the show didn't reach my adolescent brain.

Fuck off, the Mayor was the best villain the show had.

>>>
youtube.com/watch?v=F-N--bMKlVc - this is inspiring. fuck you.

It's going to be real interesting to watch the DCEU meme brigade suddenly switch gears and act like Whedon was always great.

Honestly the fandom's antics are more entertaining than the movies themselves.

His X-Men run was good, his Runaways run was bland but at least better than what came after, and I liked what he wrote for the Season Eight comic.

Angel becoming The Boss of Evil Incorporated was wonderful, all that status quo went up in smoke and we had a completely new experience.

Pretty much everyone is more entertaining than the movies themselves

And he was still shit.

How was he shit?

Because he's a boring, unfunny and unthreatening joke character i.e. that's the only kind of villain Whedon can write?

Anya in the Buffy series finale. Wesley in Angel, possibly the finale too, I cannot recall. Sorta killed Fred in Angel as well.

Worse than killed, her soul was completely consumed by Illyria, so they couldn't have brought her back like Willow did with Buffy.

Quinn. Cordelia. Buffy's mom. Jenny Calendar. Tara.

holy fuck i shoudnt have kek'd

but i did

Buffy was trash

Meaningful?
Probably not.
Noticeable?
Definitely a possibility.

They're practically neck-in-neck as far as missing the point of a character goes.
Whedon gave us a silly and sarcastic Ultron, but Snyder gave us a sulking Superman who can't relate to normal people because he's a weird space monster who inspires fear and distrust in the good people of Metropolis.

We'll just have to see who comes out on top as the worst thing to happen to cape movies since Joel Schumaker.

>Wonder Woman gets smacked super hard by a bad guy, curls into a ball and cries, her mascara smears down her face, and she bad-assedly kills the guy with a big gun while pouting
This is Whedon's idea of a "strong female character".

>Completely ignores the driving themes and motivations behind some of the most iconic characters of all time
>Loads of product placement
>Boatloads of plot holes and threads that go nowhere
>"DID YOU KNOW SUPERMAN IS LIKE JESUS? FOR EXAMPLE, THEY BOTH SAVE PEOPLE, ALSO THEY'RE BOTH MARTYRS, ALSO THEY BOTH CAN FLY, ALSO..."

Snyder is a hack, the only people who think he's a good director are the people who don't know what a DoP is.

>Because he's a boring, unfunny and unthreatening joke character i.e. that's the only kind of villain Whedon can write?

I love how obsessed Whedon haters are with the idea that villains can't be funny and threatening at the same time.

You think if you repeat it enough times it'll eventually be true?

This user gets it.
I can respect that Batman V Superman was trying for something a little more grand than your average "oh no the bad guy is shooting a beam into the sky, let's stop him with some upbeat action and light comedy" superhero flick, but that doesn't change the fact that he fell comically short of clearing the bar he set for himself.

Doesn't matter how high you set the bar if you can't clear it.

Not even him, but I'd say it's worse.
Pretty easy for them to just brush Hulk/Widow under the rug the way they did with Edward Norton, it'll be a little harder for whoever inherits the DCEU to write around Clark Kent getting killed off.