Challange

ITT: Re-write Scarecrow and make him a good guy, WITHOUT changing his weapon of choice (his fear gas).

Easy

Doctor Bright

He fights by showing the true hearts of his foes, lots of righteous banters about how those that work in fear are agents of evil. It's hypocritical but he does it as a more divine light kind of way, like the villains were scared the whole time and he's just showing that.

He teams up with Frank to Frank Franks

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Scarecrow knows.

Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot. Yes, mother, I shall become a Scarecrow.

Make him the Ghost of Christmas Future. Fear gas always shows the worst possible outcome if villains continue on their current life paths.

Dr. Crane involuntarily emits fear toxin from his body at all times after a terrible lab experiment. He desperately wants to have friends and family but can't, and instead spends his days alone, far from where his toxin can hurt people, and goes into cities at night to scare criminals, and longingly watch the normies living their lives. His only friend in the world is Batman, who has the will and mental composure enough to withstand the terrors of his fear gas he emits and speak with him and knows he's a good man.

He would just be Batman, with fear gas.

I like this

Literally scared straight program.

>Scarecrow run scared straight program
why do we live in the lamest timeline?

You mean like the Marvel character Wraith? The police chick who moonlights as a costumed super who uses fear gas to fuck with crooks!

This is actually great

He uses his fear gas to help people fight/overcome their fears. Becomes super successful with it, helps Batman overcome that lifetime burden of his, they become friends, fight crime together.

First, change his name. Make him a billionaire who lives in Gotham and had his parents killed before his very eyes at a young age. Then have this inspire him to become a super hero who is bat-themed and uses fear to defeat his enemies.

This sounds familiar...

This, really. Fear is an excellent motivator. Hell, you probably won't even have to do a whole lot if you're smart about it. The rumors alone would be enough. Leave a bunch of assholes in a catatonic state every now and then without anyone witnessing what it is you're actually doing to them and eventually criminals will be too damned scared to even THINK of fucking around in your city for fear of getting caught and finding out what it is you do. Scarecrow would make Bateman look like a fucking joke.

Science Ghost Rider.

>Sup Forums writes Rebirth Batman for free

I'd read a series about Science Ghost Rider

wouldn't there be other supers who either have alien physiology or don't need to breathe who could withstand him?Batman could introduce him to those people

>Batman introduces Scarecrow to an alien planet that's immune to his fear toxins and he lives happily ever after on Planet Crane until the aliens drum him up into a rage about society rejecting him and he comes back with the aliens and starts World War Scarecrow

10/10

I was thinking more like, instead of having Scarecrow be alone with Batman as his only friend he could also be friends with J'onn, Cyborg, and Starfire or something. Does Swamp Thing need to breathe?

I don't know. I have no idea how drugs work. Water that shit down or something so it's less mind-breaking?

Scarecrow loses his immunity to his own fear gas and accidentally commits heroics under the influence of his hallucinations as common criminals like muggers become eldritch abominations

... I need it

>Sup Forums once again comes up with an interesting take on an old character.

I swear this and the "What if Marvel and DC were the same universe" threads are always a blast.

Back to Crane and Batman being friends, I love the idea of Batman doing more than just fighting people, seeing him try to help people just by talking to them is always interesting.

What would be some other stuff this version of Crane would have to deal with? Would there be a whole plot about some villain using him to cause panic and fear throughout Gotham? Would he eventually be the unintended cause of someone's death? SO MANY OPTIONS!

>lanky, awkward jonathan crane resolves to become swolecrow, dress up in latex, and parade around gotham
no thank you

Batman makes him a containment suit like that Hazmat chick from Marvel that has vents so he can selectively release his fear gas when he needs to dose someone

It's DC, so Jason Todd?

Actually that might work.

>Batman befriends someone with obvious mental/social problems
>Eventually just gives them a super suit to fight crime with him.

Yeah that sounds about right.

That's not really the point.

yeah this, all batman villains are reflections