Ultimates2 #100 coming in August

>Bleeding Cool was the first to suggest, then state, that Marvel Comics was going to do a “not-a-relaunch” with their titles, restoring a number of books to their legacy numbers, adding up what they would have been at without all the multiple volumes and relaunches. We also told you that Venom would be the first with #150.

>Well, we also know the second – or at least one of the titles going for that renumbering in August.

>And it’s Ultimates2, the series currently written by Al Ewing with artists including Christian Ward and Travel Foreman.

>Which if you add up The Ultimates (13 issues), The Ultimates 2 (13 issue), The Ultimates 3 (5), Ultimate Comics: Ultimates (30) Ultimate Comics: New Ultimates (5) Avengers Vs New Ultimates (6), Cataclysm: Ultimates (3), All-New Ultimates (11) Ultimates2 (9 in July) and there’s probably a few annuals to throw in there as well… and I’ve probably messed some numbering up along the way. How to all the Ultimate Comics: Avengers titles fit in?

>But anyway, in August, we’ll be getting Ultimates2 #100 – however you want to add it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/34594-marvel-comics-august-2017-solicitations.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mixing Ultimates numbers with that shit
How you dare Marvel?

This would be like using Shazam numbers to print Superman #1000. Also why would you want the comics with gay vampire nerd Hulk or Tony being forced to murder his Gary Stu chad brother in your legacy?

Because big numbers are fucking cool.

>Also why would you want the comics with gay vampire nerd Hulk or Tony being forced to murder his Gary Stu chad brother in your legacy?

Because now they can say that the yass queen is leading a team with a legacy of over 100 issues.

Oh, and I forgot the Ultimates issue where Hank used his ants to """assault""" a naked Janet he'd just tried to murder with bug spray. Probably all sorts of other dumb shit, too. I bet the incest was in one of those titles.

Hell yeah

Millar's Ultimates is great

is there an official confirmation or is it just Rich riching?

Lmao this is pathetic

lol why not
what's Thunderbolts total?

It's got to be around 200, right?

I think, maybe it gets relaunched with legacy numbering (and a decent writer)?

when rulkbolts ended that was #207
how many issues was buckybolts? ten?

Reminds me of when F4 ended and Future Foundation took its place while Johnny was thought to be dead. Then when they brought back F4 they continued FF and used the issues to count towards both ongoings.

That was cheating, this is downright wrong.

200 or 250 depending on whether you count Rulkbolts and the annuals.

yeah,last one was the 20th anniversary issue too lol

If you count the Dark Avengers relaunch of Parkerbolts it's closer to 250.

This. Millar's Ultimates has nothing to do with the current book.

It was. The assault was in vol.1, issue #6. The outright incest, vol.3.

Yes. Yes, it is.

213, by my reckoning.

Vol 1. 174
Vol 2. 32
Vol 3. 12
Avengers/Thunderbolts 6

They can round it by adding Dark Avengers, the annuals, one-shots and minis

>However you add it up

Marvel doesn't even care. Why don't they just alternate and make every book a #1 or #100?

They don't care. Scalpers don't care. They don't have any fans left to care.

Shit, it's like using Detective Comics numbers to add up Batman numbers to make Batman #2000.

Thunderbolts Vol 1 went up to 174. Then was renamed Dark Avengers from 175 till 190. So using 190 as a starting point and assuming they count Bendis' Dark Avengers series...

+ 3 Thunderbolts Annuals
+ 16 issue Bendis Dark Avengers + 1 Annual
+ 32 issue Daniel Way Thunderbolts + 1 Annual
+ 12 issue Jim Zub Thunderbolts

190 + 3 + 16 + 1 + 32 + 1 + 13 = 256 issues.

If they really reach they could get close to 300.

Counting miniseries (including Dark Avengers related miniseries) and one-shots then:

+ 6 issue Avengers/Thunderbolts
+ 4 issue Thunderbolts Presents: Zemo
+ 3 Thunderbolts: Secret Invasion One-Shots
+ 5 Issue Penance: Relentless

And the Dark Avengers miniseries:
+ 3 Issue Dark Avengers : Ares
+ 5 Issue Dark Reign: Hawkeye
+ 4 issue Dark Reign: The Sinister Spider-Man

256 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 5 + 3 + 5 + 4 = 286

>People didn't like all of our new #1s
>Let's see how they like our #100s
I don't even have words.

why though?
are people actually more likely to pick up a #234 over a #4?

Action Comics #1000 and Detective Comics #1000

And yet Marvel already missed the chance to do Thor 700. Idiots.

Actually, if my math is correct issue 700 would be in September.
When would Captain America 700 fall on?

I think they will settle for 250 and not include Bendis' Dark Avengers.

I'm super confused how they would do characters with lots of minis/one-shots
what if they did a legacy ASM, they'd should include all the ancillary clones' series and all the minis/one-shots that could be considered canon

They figured that they've caused such diminishing returns on the relaunches that relaunching Ultimates^2 as Ultimates^3 wouldn't have increased sales. So they're hedging their bets that Ultimates^2 #100 would cause a higher increase in sales than Ultimates^3 #1.

Wait, is it still going to be Ultimates2? Because if they're using legacy numbering then it should go back to just being called The Ultimates.

For ASM, they should just count regular issues of ASM and Superior Spider-Man.

>acknowledging Superior
Lmao haha, no.

Well let's see.
>Amazing Spider-man 1-700
>Amazing Spider-man 1-18
>Amazing Spider-man 1-30 (up to July solicitations)
So if you only count "Amazing Spider-man" then that gets you to 748. If you count Superior Spider-man, since that was essentially just a renamed Amazing Spider-man, then that's another 33 issues which puts you at 781.

At that point, it's pretty trivial getting to 800. Throw in the 5 .1 issues of ASM that make up learning to crawl and you've got 786. They could double-ship ASM to get the remaining issue numbers in time for Legacy, plus count things like the Generations one-shot, Clone Conspiracy, or the Secret Wars RYV mini to speed things along as need be.

Alternatively, they could just ASM v1, 2 and 3 without counting Superior and any of the ancillary shit, which would get them an easy 750.

So basically, it's ASM #750 if they go the strictly ASM route. It's ASM #800 if they want to fudge the numbers.

How much is Dan Slott gonna brag about having written ASM 600, 700 AND 800.

He also wrote Amazing Spider-man #1 and Amazing Spider-man #1.

This is frankly such a dishonest move, but at least I'll be thankful if the Ultimates plot doesn't get too awfully truncated

Hey, I expected Ultimates to just get cancelled and Eternity War to be hurriedly finished in an unsatisfying wrap-up issue, so I'll take this instead. They wouldn't be renumbering if they were just going to cancel it after a couple issues.

Is there any Marvel book that can be fudged to get to #1000 before Action Comics next year?

Nope, highest we can get is Thor at 700 and ASM at 800 next year.

why doesn't McFarlane's Spider-Man count? it transitioned into Peter Parker: Spider-Man so it couldn't be grandfathered into Miles' title if they decided to legacy that right?

>All this emphasis on renumbering
>Not one thing about replacing most of the current writers

I have great faith in Legacy already, thanks Marlel

Spider-Man if you just throw in Spectacular, Web of, Sensational and McFarlane's
X-Men, somehow

>slott will have written ASM 600, 700, and 800

If we were counting all those wouldn't Spider-Man be well over 1000 by now?

They might be able to do it with Avengers if they combined the different Avengers titles.

>Avengers v1: 407
>Avengers v2: 13
>Avengers v3: 85
>Avengers v4: 36
>Avengers v5: 46
>All-new All-Different Avengers: 15
>Avengers v6: 10 (as of July solicitations)
Gets you 612.

>New Avengers v1: 64
>New Avengers v2: 35
>New Avengers v3: 33
>New Avengers v4: 18
Gets you 150.

>Mighty Avengers v1: 36
>Mighty Avengers v2: 14
>Captain America and the Mighty Avengers: 9
Gets you 59

>Avengers Assemble v1: 25
25, obviously.

>Ultimate Comics: Avengers: 6
>Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2: 6
>Ultimate Comics: Avengers 3: 6
>Ultimate Comics: Ultimate Death of Spider-man: Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates: 6

>Secret Avengers v1: 39
>Secret Avengers v2: 16
>Secret Avengers v3: 15

So all that comes to 958. I'm sure there's some other one-off ongoings or minis they could throw in there to get it to 1000. Of course, this is assuming they would combine all these different titles together which would be some next level bullshit. If they don't count ANAD Avengers they could probably do Avengers #600.

>Marvel releases Spider-man #1000 soon trying to beat DC's Action Comics
>written by Dan Slott

>It costs 20$

>starring Miles

Slott hates Miles
>starring Otto

Does Al Ewing "sales poison"/ "exterminate Portugal" still writing Ultimates?

>"exterminate Portugal"
Wait what?

why not just take all the X-men, New Mutants, X-force, X-Factor, Exalibur and Uncanny Avengers etc, etc and make it 2000

Release date is August 16 — wait for solicitations in several moments

I thought it was a typo when I first saw it. Is Rich serious or is he just fellating himself?

What are the calculations to reach that numbering?

I mean I want Marvel to add those numbers and show us how the hell they come up with that specific number.

They've said they will indicate what issues they're counting.

He got butthurt at Portugal winning Eurovision 2017.

this makes sense only for titles set in the same contiuity.

It makes no sense whatsoever for Ultimates.

>implying this isn't a last-ditch attempt to save that title for cancellation
Do you want to see that title publishing beyond this year?

>for
from*

its numbers aren't THAT low.

SIR NO SIR

Understandable.

They said they were going to release a preview book for Legacy that would include how they came up with the numbers. I mean, they'd have to because they're clearly going to be using non-mainline issues to get rounded numbers.

You should probably check last month's sales if you actually think this.

Don't know about that, but what I heard is that Portugal invited him to some comic convention, and that he got so demanding that they told him to fuck off; instead they invited Chris Claremont.

Huh. See I heard that he was working on a short story for 2000AD, and the artist they lined him up with was Portugese. He proceeded to get all huffy and 2000AD ended up replacing him as the writer with someone else, with the cited reason being "conflicting schedules" but the real reason being that Ewing refused to work with the artist they lined up for him.

Cant wait for Those Headlines Captain Marvel longest running Marvel females Yaas Queen.

I wonder f the RETARD ALERT guy is Portuguese too?

AL EWING (W) • TRAVEL FOREMAN (A/C)
VARIANT COVER by MARK BAGLEY
Kirby 100th Anniversary Variant Cover by JACK KIRBY A double-sized issue celebrating ULTIMATES #100!
• Eternity is free – but can even he stand against the might of the First Firmament?
• Or does the embodiment of everything need help...from Outside?
• Featuring the Ultimates and...the Ultimates?
40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Sauce: newsarama.com/34594-marvel-comics-august-2017-solicitations.html

>double-sized issue
8 more pages does not make this double-sized Marvel.

Why isn't there a thread for solicitations like there usually is?

Comics Continuum BTFO

So you have to make one yourself using the link above.

>inb4 (You)

>getting help from the Ultimate Ultimates

Those guys are fucking useless.

August solicits are so boring that I'm not even bothering.
>Moon Girl in Venom
STOP MARVEL

Maybe it's ad free!

It's not.

don't give them any ideas

I'm dying, I can't stop laughing

Al Ewing is not demanding - at all. He came to Mexico some months ago to a somewhat shitty fan convention. That has got to be fake news.

What if he just really hate Portuguese people

Welp, that explains that

Can't wait to hear what a neo-conserative Cap thinks of the team.

Oh shit, Ewing's teaser of the Maker holding the Ultimate universe must be bigger than I thought.

Missed opportunity if Ultimate Ultimates aren't being led by Colonel Danvers again.

Ultimate wasp, Ultimate giant man, Cap, ironman, hulk.

The toaa celestial. A recorder? Another giant.

>What are the calculations to reach that numbering?

Here:

13 issues of the first Millar book
13 of the second Millar book
5 issues of both Ultimates 3 and New Ultimates
30 issues of Ultimate Comics Ultimates
12 issues of All-New Ultimates. That brings it to 78.
The first Ewing series brings it to 90.
#10 of Ultimates Squared is, in fact, #100.

Based. Ultimates and the sjw ultimates.

The classical liberal right wing and sjw left wing together.

Based trump.

The argument used to be that people would pick up #1s and boost sales. But they did it so often (and with little justifiable reason) that they devalued Marvel #1s in general by the time the ANAD relaunches happened.

What if you're confusing yourself with Ewing

Oh shit, I forgot about that time when they tried to push a bunch of #1000 issues for no real reason. No wonder people stopped giving a shit about Marvel.

OG Ultimates are back?! Okay Marvel, you got me there.

YES KILL ALL WOMEN

>Carol flirting with Carol

Let's be honest. Ewing looked at everyone falling apart in Marvel and figured as long as he still gets to tell his stories it doesn't matter what the number on the issue is.

> Ultimate Universe
> Flat

When did Marvel get redpilled

I was literally just thinking yesterday how low all of Marvels issue numbers are at. Even things that will never be canceled, like Spider-Man, are only around 22-26 issues right now.

Between Mystique, the Skrulls, Karla and Mim she's probably developed a fetish by this point.