Let out an audible gasp when Scaramouche died

>Let out an audible gasp when Scaramouche died
>Said "fucking finally" when Ashi died

I strongly doubt this was Genny's intention.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12982841/r
youtube.com/watch?v=7fSbyULqT5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RIP you sweet musical prince.

Samurai Jack's strong suit was its variety of entertaining villains and rivals for Jack, and while I was glad that the first three episodes of this season were one of the best things I've watched of all time, I am incredibly disappointed that Genndy heavily reduced Scaramouche's and Aku's screentime just to see more of Jack and Ashi's stuttering and how Ashi is the most capable fighter in existence or some shit.

congrats on your edge

>first three episodes of this season were one of the best things I've watched of all time
i liked berserk too.

Scaramouche was the only thing I enjoyed outta Samurai Jack

this

Same here. I cared about Scaramouche, I did not give a damn about Ashi even when she was naked.

I didn't mind Ashi, but come one Genndy, adding that romance subplot when you only had 10 episodes to work with?

How can it be edge if you're in the majority opinion?

Seriously, hated Ashi from the moment I saw her dumb haircut. Didn't help that she was voiced by Tara "can't be bothered to act" Strong.

I was okay with her at first as a side kick. Then she became more and more important to the series, eventually becoming a God and making the portal. Fuck that.

>Scat in Heaven, Robofriend.jpg

it was obvious jack wasnt going to commit sudoku after 50 years of fighting
ashi was his reason to live, it was a double redemption arc between her being not evil anymore and jack restoring is faith in what he's doing is right

Maybe if you had any taste it would have been the opposite

If Scaramouche had been running around with Jack the entire season while Ashi only showed up for a few minutes in a few episodes, you'd feel the other way.

Scaramouche isn't incredibly boring and bland like Ashi

Of course, if Scaramouche was in every ep, he would be over used. But Ashi is fucking boring, and Genny is obsessed with pushing her as the bestest most important character ever (she becomes fucking GOD in the end). Oh fuck that whore.

>edge
Ashi was edgy waifu bait incarnate. Scaramouche was a national treasure.

Also you can't even call it edgy when you realize the Daughters of Aku were more evil and edgy than Aku himself ever was. Aku and friends really weren't even that bad. Well, some of the bounty hunters were, but Aku and Scaramouche weren't that bad.

He said he'd have people bawling, and the endless stream of conniption fits on the front page suggests he succeeded.

DRAMATIC IRONY

Honestly though, I really wanted an emotional finale, but I got a so-bad-it's-funny finale.

>Liking a scat singing robot villain
>edge
???

>OP has autism

I strongly doubt this was his parents intention.

>if you're in the majority opinion?

go outside the echo chamber of hate/Sup Forums, nobody is hating the show like Sup Forums does

>All of the villains are fun, likeable and sympathetic
>All of the good guys are annoying, awful and forgettable (mainly Ashi)
BRAVO GENNDY

Scaramouche was fun, fuck you.

Always love the salt from ashifags

That's not how edge works.

>sympathetic
Oh come on now.

>doesn't like Jack
>doesn't like Scotsman

fuck you

Making fun of Ashi is turning out to be more enjoyable than the season itself.

I swear everyone who's sucking Scaramouche's dick is fucking autistic.
>Samurai Jack's strong suit was its variety of entertaining villains
Is a very valid point and he was alright for his one episode. I simply cannot understand people who keep forcing memes about him being the greatest character ever.

TL;DR OPs a fag

>Well, some of the bounty hunters were, but Aku and Scaramouche weren't that bad.

Forgetting the Lava Golem? He'll, he knows and approves the Daughter of Aku shit.

And Scaramouche killed an entire town.

>Let out an audible gasp when Scaramouche died
How was this a surprise at all?
There was a good build up towards about how fucked he was when the info he gave aku was going to be useless.

He'll live on in our memories.

People wouldn't have latched onto Scaramouche so much if he wasn't the only notable new bad guy.

The season would be much better if Ashi just died with her sisters.
Other characters like the Scotsman could have been used to remind Jack of the shit he's done instead of Ms. Love interest plot device waifu.
Literally every character was more interesting than Ashi.

im takin the b8:

Dude, by default Scaramouche is the fun one, and Ashi is the edgy one, if anything. For like half of the season all she screams is "DIE DIE DIE", and all 3-4 appearances of Scaramouche have always been comedic moments, with music and everything.

Ashi was basic as fuck, and pretty typical archetype character you see in a lot of shows already.

Scaramouche on the other hand was something particularly unique to this season. Genndy is good at making solid villains.

>ashi was edt waifu incarnate
>scaramouche is just gay waifu bait

>both are plot devices, one being literal
>both ceased to exist

I dunno, I think Genndy's intentions were pretty clear, user

Maybe you should stay in Reddit then you fucking faggot

Ashi Was more fun when she hated Jack and he kept trying to awkwardly extend an olive branch
That trapped in the monster episode was good shit

TWENTY
TWO
PERCENT

strawpoll.me/12982841/r

I had a similar reaction, OP.

Ashi shouldn't have existed. She served no purpose that a different object couldn't have.

Same here OP.

guess he's got a drinking buddy

Yeah, I was bummed when she stopped being a nutter.

finally someone said that

did anyone call him the greatest character ever?

Christ, yes, all of this. It was really amusing to see her try and kill Jack all the time and to have their polar opposite personalities interact was funny as fuck.

>daughters of aku arc was fun as fuck
>Found it really awesome but extremely disappointed that jack killed most of them so fast

I think if they stretch them out for few more episodes and keep ashi as a friend who was shown the light would have worked better for pacing.

>We didn't find out who the mom was and why she loved aku and hated jack
>The other sisters that got thrown off the tree didn't make a comeback and fight ashi

the daughters of aku arc was paced like classic Samurai Jack. Lot's of drawn out, atmospheric establishing sequences.

I know, that's why I wish they weren't killed off basically in one episode. Shit would have been great in a few more episodes.

Hate to break it to you Sup Forums but you're literally the only ones complaining about the ending or Ashi.

I'm pretty sure that Ashi's threats of "DIE DIE DIE" were never meant to be menacing; they were supposed to either be annoying or funny. Edgy characters want to look cool and fail at it; Ashi was a petulant child throwing a temper tantrum.

ashi's death was so fucking stupidly done

the last line in the show is so awkward

i was expecting jack go commit seppuku alone near the tree then i saw the ladybug and it was so stupid

She's pretty obviously supposed to come off as surprisingly impotent in those scenes.

Kinda funny. I've been watching this season with my 50 year old dad and he referred to Scaramouche as "that dumbass" and he actually found Ashi's death pretty sad. He didn't quite cheer when Scaramouche died, but he did say he had it coming. I guess it's all opinion based.

>Scaramouche killed an entire town
No he didnt? As far as we all know, that town was already empty.

>i was expecting jack go commit seppuku alone near the tree then i saw the ladybug and it was so stupid
You expected or you hoped?

>I decimated this village days ago. Just for you

It hasn't been that long, try to remember at least the most basic scenes.

He killed the town to draw out Jack, which almost didn't work because Jack spent most of the episode actively running away from the smoke cloud.

Scaramouche explicitly says this. It's the first thing he says.

i was kind of hoping since we were going with the whole "depressing spiral after a seemingly good ending" way

"Awww nooo" when scat died
"Wow, that was abrubt" when ashi died

That would have just been completely out of place. Jack tried to commit suicide because he felt he had failed on his quest and thus is honor was irreparably damaged.
He didn't kill himself just because he was sad or depressed. Killing himself over Ashi after having returned to the future would just have been retarded.

This is terrible

great but terrible

Scaramouche you'll be missed, babe.

>Agagagagaggaga

I fucking lost it

>ITT: fucking 9gaggers who need to go back

The fading agagagagagaga really makes it.

He decimated the village. He didn't say anything about any people.
He says he destroyed a village. Property. Not that he killed people.

It must be great being so metaphorically flexible that you can suck your own dick because those are some real mental gymnastics you got going on there buddy.

He destroyed the village, yes. But villages also have villagers; their deaths were implied. I think the question to ask isn't whether or not if Scaramouch killed anyone, but whether or not he killed a pittance, a modest size, or everyone. Either way, he's still a murdering robot - hence his title of "assassin".

Being Aku's "No. 1" should carry some weight behind it, and one with very infamous connotations.

Gymnastics? I never saw Scaramouche kill anyone and neither did you.
Who implied them? All Scaramouche said was that he destroyed a village.

Well, I never saw Ed Geins make a pair of pants with human flesh and neither have you but he still went to prison for having those around his house.

Oh its just you. That fucking mentally deficient troll that cant grasp implications.
Aku is as objectively evil as you are objectively retarded.

I think that's because they proved it in a court of law.
I'm just saying man, nobody ever saw Scaramouche kill anyone. We also never saw Aku kill anyone that didn't attack him first.
Jack on the other hand has killed innocent robots and worst of all ended the existence of trillions.

I Honestly laughed when Scaramouch died. We spend so much time with him and you see it coming from a mile away, and when it finally happens and his head just explodes with barely a hint of spite from Aku as though it were the natural order of things, which it was.

The brightest stars burn out the fastest as they say.

You didn't see anything either, just images on a screen that can be manipulated by anyone. Hell, can you even trust your eyes? We know your brain is fucked so maybe the act of processing information is out of the window as well.

Well, fuck me. Turns out going into a ravaged village, finding it littered with relatively fresh burnt corpses, and see some jackass who calls himself a professional assassin who claims to have decimated the entire village standing over there is should not be taken as evidence of violent mass murder. Honestly user, take your philosophical bullshit, your shitty bait and your rooting as you speak brain and go fuck yourself.

not him but yeah, those two are really unlikable
I was more hyped to see demongo than any of the other characters

>agagagagag

Philosophical? I think you mean logical.
Exactly. That's why it's better to assume he's innocent. Scaramouche is pure.

RIP Gay scatbot

youtube.com/watch?v=7fSbyULqT5A

He was too good for this world,babe.

>I swear everyone who's sucking Scaramouche's dick is fucking autistic.
I think people like Scaramouche so much because there was so little else to like about S5

This

Even in his first appearance, I think Scaramouche was the most entertaining single villain in Samurai Jack.
Maybe my memory is hazy, and I'm sure some villains had better episodes, but as a character, he's the best. X9 is the only other contender.

>Scaramouche and Ashi swap roles
>Jack learns to see a reflection of humanity in the robots he's spent decades thoughtlessly destroying, and learns to value them as individuals just as deeply as he would any human life... while Aku pretends to be a father for a little while for keks, but ultimately ends up straight-up icing his last surviving daughter in cold blood after she fucks up once and maybe she REEES open a portal in time anyways with her dying breath just to spite daddy, idk
>Sup Forums would love Ashi and praise based Genndy if she was a bitter, spoiled villainess throughout the duration of the season
>Tumblr would have a field day shipping Scaramouche & Jack which admittedly could be hot, don't lie
I don't know, user... I mean, I don't doubt that Jack having a wise cracking robot sidekick for the bulk of the season could get old fast if writers couldn't put an engaging spin on that premise, but maybe fleshing out some random villain-of-the-week into more than just the sum of his face-value "cool factor" could've been interesting.

>Halfway through Jack kills a human and freaks out about it
>Scaramouche drops the jive talk and has an heart to heart talk with Jack about how Jack only acted in self-defense, and he had no other choice
>Jack shares the story of his father with Scaramouche

>Male on male
>Hot

>>Scaramouche and Ashi swap roles

>Ew you're all covered in alien muck
>Now kiss me babe

I like it.

>he wouldn't make an exception for Jack
What are you, gay?

I hope someone screencapped that greentext about Scaramouche's body still being conscious during the final battle

this

Episode 7 should have had Ashi fighting the remaining members of the Aku cult rather than some random orcs. That way the fight with her mother could have lasted more than 30 seconds and at least had a satisfying conclusion to that plot thread.

I wrote an outline for how the story could be improved. I had it so that Ashi is taken in by the Cult, and sentenced to death for failure.