Which is worse, being a plot device with little agency but having a fair amount of impact...

Which is worse, being a plot device with little agency but having a fair amount of impact, or being a prop character with more agency but pretty much no impact on the story?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wendy was involved with the supernatural adventure of the week a grand total of once during the entire first season. Even Stan got more than that, and there was an actual reason for him not to be involved instead of just "she doesn't really give a shit lol"

I'm just convinced that people don't know how to write chill characters like Wendy and Jackie, and that's why they're hardly ever involved.

Why do people use that archetype then?

In Alex's case, it's possible he just doesn't know how to write tomboys

Looking at Roadaide attraction, I think he just doesn't know to write females in general. I mean seriously, the Pne female Character people actually liked for having depth he got right by accident as he had planned to have her be a hate sponge.

And I think we've already discussed the problems with the main female character at length.

Because you cannot give female characters flaws or make them suffer from their own shortcomings without getting called sexist. So all that's left is make them "chill" and keep them in the background.

Either that or make them quirky and obnoxious

That doesn't make sense in the case of Star vs. I think for Jackie it's just a case of viewing her through the lens of Marco.

Prop

Wendy because she was billed as a main character and never did anything except be the cool girl that Dipper has a crush on.

Jackie is a minor character and has no purpose other than to make Marco spill spaghetti and make Star jealous, she'll probably be written out of the show eventually.

Does Sup Forums even know what PLOT DEVICE even is?

Yes, Jackie.

Wendy got a lot more screentime in the second season, so far I'm worried about Jackie's character but I have trust because unlike Sugar and Hisch, Nefcy seems to know what she's doing.

>Nefcy seems to know what she's doing.
We all said the same thing about Genndy and however good SJ5 was, it didn't manage to reach the heights of the season's first three episodes.

But the difference is no one cares about Jackie. If Nefcy screws her over only a fraction of a fraction of the fanbase will care

Yes, but not the side female characters.

I love Jackie and her dynamic with Marco. She needs more screentime to develop though.

Agreed, they're too damn cute

>this thread again
Which is worse, being a Starcofag or being a Padippicafag?

Padippica
Because at least Starco has a 100% chance of happening

>being a Starcofag or being a Padippicafag?
At least one of those has more than one episode of basis and incredibly high chances of happening.

But the smugness of Starco fans is what puts many off
Its a fucking fictional ship, calm down

So cute.

At least those ones have some sort of basis to go off of.

Vicky from FOP fags have gotten even more obnoxious somehow than either of those I mean where did this even come from she hasn't appeared on that shit show in years.

Wat

Do you have the webm?
You know the one

boards.Sup Forums.org/hc/186
>with little agency
>implying any characters have agency ant aren't a slave to their masters writing ability
"plot device" is a bullshit reductionist term to call out bad writing without saying the writing is bad just in case you're wrong and the writing is not bad.

Except Jackie actually is one while Wendy is not. That's why she is called a prop.