Toonami Ratings for 5/20/17

Lupin the Third Part 4 will replace Gundam Unicorn starting June 17th. Lupin will air at 1:30am and HxH moves to 2am.

According to TV Guide, Samurai Jack will be rerunning at 11pm. No hard confirmation yet but at 2 weeks TV Guide is usually correct.

Toonami will have a panel at Momocon on May 26th at 8:30pm.

Toonami will be extending to 4am for one night on May 27th to air all ten Samurai Jack S5 episodes in a row.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Last week we saw ratings improve for the first time in months. This week, things sink back down into the shitter. First off, Jack leaves Toonami with the second highest ratings it got during its run, only losing to its premiere. Then everything goes to shit, with TG and Unicorn touching new lows. Our Jack crutch is officially gone, and if Demarco is seriously rerunning it at the front of the block, we are looking at a real rough summer.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1458 0.67 865
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 1147 0.52 662
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1026 0.48 615
12:30a Attack on Titan 833 0.37 473
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 649 0.30 383

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 583 0.26 333
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 504 0.22 285
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 482 0.21 264
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 405 0.17 233

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1495585873656.webm
twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/840379296946495488
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really high night for Family Guy

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.54 880 0.33 428
8:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.46 772 0.29 375
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.49 860 0.34 434
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.56 940 0.41 530

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.75 1253 0.56 718
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.97 1614 0.70 894

Comedy reruns BTFO the end of Toonami

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 426 0.19 245
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 458 0.19 250
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 475 0.21 270

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 543 0.25 325
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 551 0.25 327

Best

This image is perfect. PERFECT.

So, where does Toonami go from here? INB4 in the trash

The grave. Lupin will be one of the best shows they have aired in over a year, but it's not going to pull ratings

Goddamn it just put Family Guy back on at 11. Jack was a mistake

Would you guys count the ending as an 'epilogue'? If so that's a bingo

I'd say so. It couldn't have all happened immediately after.

Yes, the wedding was definitely an epilogue. Time paradox should be filled in too

How likely is Jack rerunning at 11? That has got to be the most retarded choice in years if it's real

At this point about 80%. Once something is 2 weeks out it's usually final. It seems episode one this week during the marathon is when the rerun officially starts, because the following week is episode 2. It's a beyond retarded decision

I told you cucks Samurai Meme would kill the block but nooooo, you didn't believe me

time to face the facts, Jack

Weekly reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE!

>Jack leaves Toonami with the second highest ratings it got during its run, only losing to its premiere.
ANTIENDINGFAGS BTFO

Toonami is dying, huh.

That's what happens when all you air is crap

Shit, not sure how to feel about this. Now I have to stay up until 2:30 to catch all of the shows I care for. Why don't they do something about that Toriyama Power Hour instead?

That said, I'm glad that we got some kind of conclusion to Jack, even if we did get TTGL'd.

at this point i just watch everything on demand the next day, i'm not staying up until 2 am to watch hxh now and i'm sure as hell not staying up until 2:30 either

tokyo ghoul should be the one moving to 2am, it's already doing horribly for it's time slot and it's not even a dub premiere like lupin/hxh

You're forgetting GitS.

You know, that might be a solid idea. Aside from DB Super and soon to be Lupin, I've seen/read the majority of the shows on the block.

Granted, I'd miss out on thread banter, but still. I wonder what replaces Attack on Titan, which will end before the summer is over, if I'm guessing right.

Why not? S5's ratings were consistent and it's only 10 episodes, there's no reason to think rerunning won't do that poorly.

The banter is my favorite part.

But meh. I need to go out and start socializing again anyway.

the big Mac is the best selling burger

My guess is Jojo part 3 or IBO season 2.

>Jojo part 3

if they're stupid enough to air this Toonami deserves to die. Jojo already killed every show from 1AM down

every other time the block started with a rerun it did horribly

why would jack be an exception when they'll have aired all the episodes recently too

I just don't know what we can do with Toonami at this point. Should we just give up on it?

>Hunter x Hunter gets pushed even further back

They're just trying to sabotage it now aren't they?

Shows exist they could actually get that would improve quality and viewership immensely. But they are playing it uber safe. Exactly what they should not be doing. They have a viewership of people too lazy to find comparable content on the internet rather than just incapable. They need to leverage that.

Well, no one really likes it.

Why is Gundam getting replaced when naruto has lower ratings?

Hunter x hunter didn't get good until this arc.

Because it's over?

At least it got pushed up for a while due to Gundam being a shitter. The 30 minute difference it made is pretty huge at the time HxH comes on.

oh yo what the fuck we're getting a lupin?

coolio.

It's not like they have much to work with. The Madhouse anime is pretty darn consistent in quality and presentation. I'll watch it wherever it is on the block but it's not like viewers are being robbed of some great artistic work.

Lupin isn't a dub premiere either. It's a pretty big risk for them so that probably why it's starting later. TG isn't really at fault when AoT is the one where all the viewers fuck off

Because it's at it's last episode you fucking idiot. And Naruto wouldn't have such low ratings if Gundam wasn't there being a ratings black hole

I really really like the ED for this Lupin.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1495585873656.webm

Reruns NEVER do good. AoT did pretty great its first run too, it's rerun was a disaster that killed half the block. You don't start the block off with reruns. What's worse is now we start with TWO reruns. Not to mention Jack has already rerun on Wednesdays, and will have done a third complete run this Saturday. This is a ratings disaster in the making

I don't watch gundam faggot, im not a 15 year old.

>Lupin isn't a dub premiere

where else has this dub aired?

kys naturofag

wikipedia

wikipedia says adult swim is the english dub premiere

AoT did terrible because serial shows regardless of genre always do poorly in reruns. Jack's 5th season is both shorter and not as heavily serialized. Though I would prefer if we got a rerun of OG Jack replacing SAC.

That is correct.

And Jack will fail because the hype behind it is gone. Everyone saw the conclusion, they don't need to tune in again

>Akame ga kill was the high point of nu-toonami

this is the age of the cord cutter

ratings will never be that high again unless they start counting people watching the stream, PSTV, Sling, etc

Toonami should get hipster, less known anime, i'm not saying we should have some SoL, But something less mainstream that SnK could work, like rage of bahamut

pretty sure bahamut got gobbled up by amazon's stream service.

AgK was actually good

People have been saying this for ages but Demarco just won't listen. He will keep filling the block with junk everyone already watched and knows is junk even though it's proven unknown shows pull the best numbers

Noragami when?

>Couldn't wait until AgK was over.
>Realize it was one of the best things on the block.

I was such a fool.

Bring back Eureka Seven damnit

you didn't even air all the episodes, just cut it around episode ~20ish for something else

Out with a bang at least

It didn't kill the block nearly as much as Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul are doing now.

The Lupin that is airing is the fourth series, which will be a dub premiere. It was the second series that previously aired on Adult Swim.

>Love that toonami is back
>But now I have to worry about cancellation almost every week

Life is pain.

They aired all the episodes retard

God please no, that show was fucking garbage

At this point actually Killing Net Neutrality could be a good thing for Toonami

But they didn't air the masterpiece known as Eureka Seven AO.

Noragami was so dogshit. The animation and music was good, but the actual plot was horrendous. So it would fit right in with Toonami's anime.

They did though

Noragami was okay until it went full anime original. Noragami Aragato on the other hand was fucking great because it stuck to the manga material. It also redeemed Yukine who was a complete fucking faggot in season 1.

Reminder that Tokyo Ghoul burst back into relevancy last week

But that's Gurren Lagann.

I was implying more that they both went back to the past to delete everything we watched up to that point, as if everything we saw never even existed.

Fuck you Eureka Seven Ao

> worry about cancellation every week

just quit watching if it stresses you out that much

So Dewey was right after all?

Also, did we get confirmation that we're getting Root A?

>Lupin isn't a dub premiere either
I'm pretty fuckin sure the 2015 Lupin series hasn't had aired anywhere with a dub.

No, that was Space Dandy. When Space Dandy was airing it felt like the block could do no wrong and we had so much shit to look forward to. It's all been downhill since then with only brief moments of good times. This stint with Jack was one of the good times. Now we're back in the dark times like when we were waiting for Jack to air with 4 long running battle shounens on the block.

Nigga it was a world premier finale to a cherished cartoon series. It's over. It's going to be lucky to bring in ~70% of the ratings it did when it premiered.

>4
>HxH
>One Piece
>Naruto Shippuden
>DBZ Kai
>DB Super

One Piece is gone. Were have you been?

It was airing when we were waiting for Jack

>That 200K+ drop between AoT and Tokyo Ghoul from DBZK

Can we please get rid of the Edge Hour now?

Okay, real serious question.
Is there anything worth watching on the block now or is it time for me to switch back to fansubs?

The only thing worth watching will be Lupin and it'll be weeks before we get to it.

What the fuck were you watching here instead of fansubs?

I want to FUCK Typical Naruto Fan.

Yes, they never go half on anything unless it doesn't exist when the last episode airs

Lupin would be but you would have to sit through 2 hours of trash to get to it

>tfw Touka will never make that face as you stick it in

This wouldn't be "going half" because they are separate series. Root A is a sequel series to Tokyo Ghoul, they'd have to negotiate a separate contract for it. Just like how they didn't immediately go into Stardust Crusaders when Jojo ended.

twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/840379296946495488
>Is Tokyo Ghoul both seasons, or just the first one?
>Both seasons.

They NEVER go half. No exceptions. Black Lagoon was the same way, they always get both if they are available. Care to take a stab at why they didn't get SC? Because the dub isn't done yet, thus isn't available.

This is Jason Demarco we are talking about. The guy who doesn't believe in filler. They will air everything available no matter how shitty and uncanon it is, especially if it tacks on 12 extra weeks to a series. The only exception is if something gets god awful ratings. Which has ended further Tenchi series on Toonami, but they even stuck out GXP to the end. Gundam may be a modern example if they pass on IBOS2

FOR FUCK'S SAKE, DEMARCO!

Only Jack once Jojo and OP left the block, actually. That's why I'm curious if I should bother coming back. I like Lupin and all but I could marathon that now rather than wait two or there weeks.

I love how popular One Piece is because it's all the evidence I need that something being popular doesn't mean that it's good.

All shows past DBZ Kai tend to flounder around in the ratings these days. It's just DeMarco's idiocy regarding scheduling.

Also, anyone update that Toonami obituary now that SJ's over?