Characters that edgy 15 year olds hate that make you like the character more

Characters that edgy 15 year olds hate that make you like the character more.

I never understood why people hate on Mabel so much. She was my fav Gravity Falls character for some time.

Rick and morty. Makes them so fucking insecure about themselves it angers them. Its just a dumb TV show, no need to be upset.

Congratulations on being proud of your shit taste? Hey I'm not edgy or 15 but I could give you some poop to eat since I hate the idea of eating it so much.

Rick and Morty is more of a show for edgy kids user, I hate to break it to you

I'm trying to figure out how that logic works, all studies show that its a shitpost from an edgy 15 year old. However some suggest that you're much older than that, but that doesn't show.

But edgelords like Rick and Morty, especially Rick.

It's surprising his much Sup Forums misuses the word edgy. Come on it's not hard.

Mable is nice because she is upbeat and self-assured.

She gets really annoying at the final episodes

Mabel is a shit

I think it may come from the fact that people sometimes have different opinions than you but that just seems silly.

I still don't understand her logic in opening the spirit portals.

She saw all the destruction, how the spirits terrorized, killed, attacked, maimed, and turned humans in abominations until they had to live on the lion turtles. It's obvious the spirits have nothing but contempt for humans.

yeah, she is a shit boss.

Autismos self-inserting into Dipper and getting offended by things like the internet history joke, Grunkle Stan liking Mabel better, or Mabel "stealing his* stuff" (*actually Fords) and inadvertently causing an apocalypse* (*city wide frat party thrown by some Yo Gabba Gabba rejects).

Its literally just the last episodes. Causes Weirdmageddon over being selfish and Dipper is the one who apologizes to her.

Annoying across the entirety of he show, her two primary traits are "I'm so cute an zany XD" and wearing cute sweaters.

Beyond that she's a selfish cunt that never learns from her experiences, truly the Bloo of her time.

Consistently made the shittiest of decisions like mentioned that only worked out because the story called for it... sort of? Those spirit vines fucked up the city pretty badly, were used in a super weapon that started another war, and spirits were at best largely inconsequential with no real benefits for either them or humans.

This, so much.

how does it make them insecure though?

Self-insert issues most of Sup Forums put themselves. They see themselves as the Dipper and feel that him apologizing to Mabel acts as her not learning a thing rather than the entire point of the show about them worked together as twins always coming up top.

I bet half of them either have family issues or never had a brother or sister.

I still wonder why they say its a "Reddit Show"

I never been to Reddit so I'm honesty curious. I get SU being the "Tumblr show" because of the pastel colors and the special snowflake angle of their characters, but makes make R&M scream Reddit to you guys.

Because it's actually good which means over there it gets LE EPIC UPVOTES LMAO.

>self-insert
Is this genuinely what Mabelfags think? You're all so autistic that you can't comprehend the very idea of empathy and default over to "lol they must self-insert just like me XDDD!"

And all this time I though Wendyfags were the worst for waifuing such a shallow character.

>my argument got destroyed, better start going on the offensive and calling him the old "(x character)fag" moniker
What a dreadful noise plebs make when they're unhappy.

>They just self-insert too much, Mable is SUPPOSED to be shit and it's fully justified because they're twins!
Great argument, now go join Mable! She's waiting for you on the other side.

She was fun in Season 1, but partway through Season 2 her fun was becoming grating. Eventually her fun got directly in the way of a number of episodes and she herself even became an obstacle to overcome, where the only way to "overcome" her was for Dipper to yet again concede his own desires and needs for her current wants.

She could have been good, but she was mishandled and is forever remembered as a selfish brat who literally started an apocalypse because her brother had the audacity to think of his own future instead of letting her consume all of his thoughts.

This. People that don't realize this are idiots.

>this entire thread is just insecure losers projecting about how mad they are onto people who they're insecure for think differently then them.

I love you, Sup Forums.

>Insecure
That's where you're wrong Kiddo. I am Perfectly Secure in the Knowledge That my option is the objectively correct one and Will argue until the thread archives because fuck You for daring to have the wrong opinion you skub-loving faggot REEEEEEEEEEE!

Which ones are the losers?

The ones you don't agree with.

I hate those guys!

Yeah me too! What a bunch of faggots!

She did get an excessive amount of hate, but it comes from her being badly written. She never really had any proper, long-lasting character development. She was selfish and she never really learnt anything from it because the narrative allowed her to get away with it and be treated as the ultimate good sister to Dipper without acknowledging her flaws.

Still better than Dipifica.

Is that a "Fuck Dipifica spammers" statement or do you actually believe that. If so, Why?

Why's that?

To be fair Alex didn't give Dipper and rich bitch enough screen time together. I blame Alex and his drinking problem.

I always pictured the Mabel haters to be twice that age.

I've always found Mabel defenders to be more annoying then Mabel haters, at least on this site

>>my argument got destroyed

you made up your own argument and destroyed that.

She was fun and a good counterpoint to Dipper at first, but she never really gets her comeuppons and grows. She's usually well intentioned, but she can be selfish and self-centered and often callous to others - she's a kid, comes with the territory - but she never really suffers the consequences for it the same way Dipper does.

Might just be a problem of formulaic writing, but you can only have so many episodes of end with Dipper sacrificing something without Mabel reciprocating before it rubs you the wrong way.

Dipper has an episode where he has to apologize for talking to girls and feeling self confident. Mabel has an episode where all the other characters have to stop and reassure Mabel about how awesome she is (and the unicorn that didn't like her was a fraud in the end anyway).

Reddit is quick to quote the show in every comment chain and runs jokes into the ground like Lenny kills rabbits ("Whoa, I found szechaun sauce guys! LMAO"). I think people just start to associate the show with the Reddit fandom.

Season 2 was a step down from Season 1, and the second improv episode was weak. Jerry and Beth dynamic got old fast.

Of course the second improv episode was weak, they were forced to do it
And they seem to be aware of the Jerry and Beth problem, that's why season three started how it did

I've talked to people who watched Gravity Falls all over the damn place including regular people who watched it and this is the only place I have ever remotely seen this weird hateboner for Mabel in the whole world.

I actually wasn't satisfied with her arc either, but not in some blinding hatred of the character way, frustrating that she wasn't developed. I feel that way about a lot of the show's writing and a lot of the show's characters. For example I wasn't happy with how Ford and Wendy were handled at all. Or Bill in the end.

Also let's be blunt this site does really fucking hate women in general so it's always a little suspect. You're either stupid or willfully naive as hell if you don't see that, there's often one or a few /r9k/ "women are evil" threads running here at any time of day that jump straight from hating some female character or characters or lesbo couple directly to talking about how people wish all real women would be raped and killed, it's not fucking subtle here at all. This blunts even valid criticism because some autists here whine and cry about any girls being onscreen ever. It may be trolling or people with weird issues and shit but either way it makes it hard to have a reasonable conversation about characterization or writing here.

>forced to do it
I didn't do that. I got the impression otherwise from Justin Roiland's tweets before it aired about how he was proud of the episode and standing by it, but I could be wrong.

>season premiere
I don't know how I feel about that. The problem wasn't Jerry and Beth themselves, it was that they never developed as characters and their dynamic never changed. Jettisoning Jerry feels like a cop out, but we'll see.

Everything about Beth and Jerry having a shitty marriage feels so hollow after the end of the first Interdimensional cable episode

maybe go back to tumblr then

Mabel would still be shit if she was male, in fact she'd probably be even worse.

I don't think she'd have nearly as much of a fanbase if she were male

True. Only childs are wierd.

>getting offended by things like the internet history joke, Grunkle Stan liking Mabel better

I've literally never heard anybody bring either of those up in any thread about Mabel

Excuse me for thinking Mabel forgetting the aesop of every episode she "learned" something in is shitty writing enabling a shitty character to stay a shitty character.

It is kinda ridiculous how many opportunities there were for Mabel to learn and grow, and how every single time was undercut in some waht

This desu