-Dude who never read any other WW comics

>Actually made me like the character!
-Random Marvelfag

>Fuck you, Cucka!!
-Butthurt Azzfag

>Like Thor but with estrogen, 8/10
-IGN

The art was pretty wonderful

how is it compared to rebirth? i've only read the lies and have yet to read year one, but the artwork for the lies was incredible. story was ok.
my enthusiasm for reading new 52 stuff has been completely gutted since rebirth happened.

Only Chiang, the fill-ins were meh

I've read too many WW comics before, and until that run was garbage, and afterwards it returned to garbage

It's an interesting read as long as you keep in mind this is an alternative interpretation and not what the character or her mythology are really like. It's probably the closest thing to an Ultimate Wonder Woman.

I bet you liked Ame-Comi Wondie too, you silly willy

Coming off Simone's run and Rucka's first run it didn't exactly have a high bar to beat.

lol

No real horses were hurt during the making of this comic

That is one big-ass arrow

The thing that gets me about this run is that everything important or good revolves around the male characters or the Man's World, while everything evil comes from the female characters or the amazons' world.

Cliff Chiang's actual WW art < Cliff Chiang's psycho Queen Emeraldas-inspired WW fanart

The thing that gets me is that Diana is a supporting character in HER OWN BOOK

What if Azz's run is actually good, but other runs are also good?

hot

impossibru

Like I said, I like to look at this as Ultimate Wonder Woman, even moreso than Morrison's

If anything, Earth One is more like All-Star Wonder Woman

I liked this run, didn't love it (especially when the Finches took over)

Honestly, it works better as an Elseworlds

I forget, did they ever explain what the hell Diana was doing in London?

Hey OP what happens if you look in the mirror and say Texas user three times?

>Honestly, it works better as an Elseworlds
Well, that's what is now, pretty much! Much to the annoyance of Azzfags

>all this anti-Azz butthurt

Why are you even storytiming, spamfaggot?

This (and Perez) are the only wonder womans I like.

X-Men fag

Nothing, actually! I hail from Htrae. Call me Zibarro

He just sees their reflection.

What's weird is that when it was running, it was pretty much an elseworld already. I never finished Godhead, did they ever explain how Orion was running around in this, but then introduced later into the new52 with the GL books?

Hey faggot OP who says OP is a faggot.

To piss you off. It's working, from the look of things.

Congrats on never reading past the point where the mock 1st world feminist ideology on gender segregation

The what now?

So? I'm still right about everything else. Every good or important shit revolve around the male characters.

Zola's good.

Aw :3

No
Zola, Hera and Stryfe are very important. There were also Amazons, and other gotheses like Artemis, and the sand female bastard child

>I will post 720+ pages to piss you off

Ok

>It's an user storytimes something he clearly doesn't like and acts obnoxious the whole time thread

I will live an entire life to piss you off, user.

Zola had a very masculine kind of thinking and was a damsel in distress. Hera started out as a vengeful scorned woman and only mellowed out after failing in everything. Eris was a bitch through and through although an entertaining bitch. The amazons were all varying degrees of wrong that learned to be better. Artemis was a villain and her brother's bitch.

I am more spiteful than Black Manta himself!

How am I acting obnoxious, user? Can't handle the bantz? Besides, I do like Azz's Wondie

You're just coming across as a nitpicking radfem now.

All the anti-Azz faggots are going to be on suicide watch when the movie comes out.

I'm just saying that the male characters the ones that drive the narrative while the female characters are mostly for the ride or to learn their lesson.

If you hate it so much, why are you storytiming it?

No one was perfect.

I don't hate it tho.

lolno

The male characters were shown in a more positive light.

The big disconnect in the comic is how all the amazons are awful while Diana herself is a nice person, as if she hadn't absorbed any of her people's culture. Hell, the comic itself goes out of its way to show she was always an outsider in the island. It gave us a WW that was more influenced by Man's World than by her own people.

No? They all were kinda dicks but Diana.. and the no eyes guy. He wasn't a bad person.

Traitorous Hermes, chauvinistic Orion, loveless Hades, scheming Apollo...

>positive

Except you know the King Assholes were all men especially Zeus, Apollo and the Firstborn. The Amazons at least had an excuse they did it to survive.

>Hell, the comic itself goes out of its way to show she was always an outsider in the island. It gave us a WW that was more influenced by Man's World than by her own people.

And in that way they removed the colonialist undertones from the original narrative.

Those were still far better representations than the females got. They were far more sympathetic.

Zeus was trying to redeem himself since from the start.

>And in that way they removed the colonialist undertones from the original narrative.

And created a narrative where man knows best, where man work to better themselves, where man ultimately have the best intentions at heart. Meanwhile women have to be taught or punished. WW herself is constantly being taught better by man and then goes on to teach the lessons to the other women.

How the fuck did you come to that conclusion?
Most of the villains in the arc are male
Most of the main characters are female.

The story revolves around her

Most of the villains are female. Most of the important characters that actually have a impact on the story are males. The female characters are all in passive roles. Even WW is being dragged around here and there by the males characters.

Errr, no

>Hippolyta is blonde again.
OK, when did this happen?

When the universe rebooted?

Diana is doing this in heals, that's just showing off.

I never understood this plot point. Shouldn't bullying the fucking PRINCESS of the island not be allowed? It just makes no sense.

It's just to show that the island sucks, the amazons sucks, and that Diana couldn't wait to get of that awful place full of shitty people so she could live comfortable in a much better place and culture that accepts and love her.

When you realise that with no reproduction those deaths are permanent losses to the island this is actually sad.
Then you realise it will all be undone and it doesn't matter.

brb, someone's at the door

>“I can’t stand it, I think Brian Azzarello is arrogant”
-Trina Robbins on this run

It's pretty well written and very enjoyable. It's even how I originally got into Wonder Woman. But as I read more of the character's back catalogue I started to realize that it had very little to do with her history.

The worst thing about it is simply how people act about it, the "this is the only good version of Wonder Woman!" people.

I can see the amazons seeing the princess as simply being the Queen's daughter and treating her no different (as in just as fair game to pick on as anyone) and I could see Hippolyta believing that Diana has to fight her own battles.

The thing that i never understood is if in this run the amazons are immortals or not. One one side you've Hippolyta, from the old myths, who probably is immortal, but on the other side you've the amazons having to rape sailors so they can replenish their ranks.

I didn't feel like this series even depicted the amazons as bad simply having flaws, god forbid they be anything less than utterly perfect utopians lording over the rest of creation though.

There are flaws and there are characters being outright cunts 90% of the time they show up. That's the problem with their portrayal here. They're always shown as combative cunts that open their mouth to say hateful shit. Even when they're shown as more conflicted is in moments where one of them isn't sure if she should kill a baby or not.

Diana being the daughter of Zeus is on my time travel list as a maybe, it helps explain why she's much more powerful than the rest of the amazons which I approve of but I don't think adding it now is necessarily a good idea.
So anons what would you do if you could go back to the past and change things?