Supergirl Finale - Supergirl > Superman???

So I just watched the finale and I am disgusted by the lack of dedication to the source material the writers of this show are showing

>Supergirl fights brainwashed Superman
>Supergirl actually wins
>potential to confirm that it was only due to Superman being weakened
>"No, I was at full strength and you beat me."

Jesus christ, is this a fucking joke? Supergirl should be nowhere near Superman's powers since he literally spent decades training his powers while she just started doing her shit two years ago

Am I missing out on something and in the wrong here or is this the worst comicbook character jobbing to ever hit the tv screen?

>Another bitch about power levels on Supergirl thread

Fuck off you autist.

It's pretty much just character jobbing to push the title character.

Clark's spent his entire life soaking up yellow sunlight and learning to use his powers. The only way Supergirl could have won is if the brainwashing fucked with him.

I'm sorry, late to the game because I didn't have the time to watch it till a few hours ago

>It's pretty much just character jobbing to push the title character.

I understand that but why is it so important in this case? it's not like they really needed the whole "champion of the world" thing in the first place

the whole pushing thing is far too retarded in the first place because in season 1 the writers insisted how supergirl can TOTALLY carry her own show and then, in season 2 they instantly put superman in

>I'm my own thing, I'm not superman!!!
>proceeds to do the same kind of shit as superman
>literally has some of superman's villains

this is just outright hypocritical

>"The only way Supergirl could have won is if the brainwashing fucked with him."

yeah but the problem is that as you can see from my OP, they literally ruled out that possibility by superman stating that it wasn't because of the brainwashing

>Many characters in the DC Universe have noted that Supergirl appears at times to be even more powerful than Superman himself; however, as Superman explains, she may appear so because he has spent a lifetime subconsciously suppressing his powers to avoid harming others while Kara, without such experience, recklessly uses her powers to the fullest.

this, she doesnt hold back, he does

but that explanation doesn't mean anything because it states that it APPEARS to be so, not that it IS like that

also, without the term "appears", the statement is still bullshit because it would be an implication of superman being weaker due to him not going all out even though he CAN actually do it

fuck that. he soaked up the sun his whole life. he learned to use his powers accurately. he had to grow stronger to keep up with the villains. there is no way she can even appear to be stronger than him. this is outright lazy writing

>he does

in the show, he is brainwashed, so he has no reason to hold back

>she may appear so because he has spent a lifetime subconsciously suppressing his powers to avoid harming others while Kara, without such experience, recklessly uses her powers to the fullest.

Look, man, I know you are thirsty for (you)'s because you are lonely but this low effort bait has been played for so long that is no longer funny.

Please, kys.

>it's an OP doesn't read comics thread

Supergirl beating Superman was bullshit, but what really fucking upsets me are the next two things.

1. Clark said he fights for Lois.
2. Clark admitted at the end of the episode he would choose Lois over protecting the Earth.

In other words, this guy ain't fucking Superman.

This is DC's SJW pandering.

isn't that what the rebirth Superman actually did for a while; he just ducked out and laid low to be with Lois and Jon

>appear = is

can you even read properly? I'm not baiting, this is legitimate criticism. just because you don't read comics doesn't mean everyone else is baiting

shit, I missed out on that comment. I mean in some iterations, he kind of puts lois above the world but him actually admitting it like that is retarded as fuck

it's just CW's shitty writers. proper female characters are even easy as fuck to write. just don't mention them being women and that's it. a male character never states that he's male and that his gender defines him. this show is full of "I am a woman and I can do it as good as men!!!" tier bullshit

I think it's rather the fact that superman says it out loud. superman is usually the guy who tries to save everyone at the same time. maybe he does favour someone from time to time but that is purely situational. him saying that he would rather give up on the people of earth..... that's not in character

>is this a fucking joke?
yes. The show is a feel good crap fest for 40 year old women to feel better about themselves with and to sit their 5 year olds in front of. If general acting and tone has not given it away by now than there is no hope for you

Im pretty sure that was a thing Pre-Crisis, wasn't it? Supergirl being the stronger of the two?

I mean I agree it doesn't make sense since Clark absorbed more yellow sunlight over his entire lifetime but I think there is canonical precedent for this.

just watching the scene. fuck, it's even worse than what you said

>"I couldn't have done it kara.... I'm humbled by you.... you are so much stronger than me. stronger than I will ever be"

at this point, the whole show is just a pure supergirl/female-circlejerk. I would totally accept them being equals but them actually putting supergirl ABOVE superman?! seriously?

Ahhhh that makes sense.

>t's just CW's shitty writers. proper female characters are even easy as fuck to write. just don't mention them being women and that's it. a male character never states that he's male and that his gender defines him. this show is full of "I am a woman and I can do it as good as men!!!" tier bullshit
This. you can even have the "is this because im a woman/I can do anything you can do" moments without saying it in an annoying way, you can just show it with actions and body language. all the characters sound like people I would not want to hang with

I don't recall there being such time. If they wanted they could have fallen back on "kara has actual fighting training she got to protract superman, while superman has been relying only one his powers(which is unlikely but they often pull that with bat vs sups)so now that they are both super the gap is in her favor"

>you can even have the "is this because im a woman/I can do anything you can do" moments without saying it in an annoying way

that's the problem. they always have to say it out loud and thereby show the way they think of the audience. not everything needs to be said out loud but CW really expects their audience to be stupid as fuck

>all the characters sound like people I would not want to hang with

this so much. literally everyone is unlikable to the point that it's not even camp but just unenjoyable. sad to say, winn is the only character who is KIND of sympathetic even though I hate these nerd type of characters whom retards can self-insert themselves into

>fighting training

now that you say that, the fight scene was one of the worst fighting scenes I have seen in my life, not even bullshitting

they literally traded punches like goddamn pokemon cards

>girl punches
>man punches
>girl punches
>man punches

they don't even care anymore

>not everything needs to be said out loud but CW really expects their audience to be stupid as fuck
not really feminism related but flesh also has this problem, they have to go into a room and spell out how they feel at the moment. Im sick of making excuses about the budget,etc the show is just not good

supergirl is a grill power icon. they need her to be better than any other male.

pretty much. such a shame that flash actually has pretty nice effects but that the writers are so fucking shit. apparently, hollywood really is in need of good writing nowadays

also, does anyone know who the fuck was sent to earth in the final scene? I first thought it was supposed to be the child of zod but the symbol didn't really match (or I forgot about other versions of it). kinda reminds me of smallville where doomsday was sent to earth but I dunno about that

>1. Clark said he fights for Lois.
>2. Clark admitted at the end of the episode he would choose Lois over protecting the Earth.
Literally the most retarded piece of characterization to ever exist, and one that straight up misses the point of the character.
I'd rather even have Frank Miller Supes than a mentally unstable Supes with less moral integrity than this blowhard.

Ironically enough I just had this open in another window.