Evenin', Sup Forums

Evenin', Sup Forums,
Just got a new job, lot of expendable cash, bought a Marvel Unlimited subscription.

Any suggestions on what to read?
I'll take any genre, character, arc, whatever you got.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/3eyqoo/discussion_og_cosmic_marvel_reading_order/ctjpxqe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>marvel

literally why

All ebin maymays aside, there's some good shit there.
Just finished Carnage U.S.A. last night. Shit's dope.

You have a better suggestion, m800?

Incomplete:
Spider-Man 2099
Power Pack

Worth reading:
The DnA cosmic saga (google it for a reading order)

Ultimate Spider-Man

Greg Pak's run on Hulk + the spinoffs (Hercules, etc)

Everything by Jim Starlin

Young Avengers

Runaways

Thanks, homie.
I'll look into these.

Uncanny X-men

read it till you get sick of it

I enjoyed the following dozen titles

>Joinery into Mystery starring Lady Sif
>Superior Foes of Spider-Man
>Amazing Spider-Man New Ways to Live
>Amazing Spider-Man present Anti-Venom: New Ways to Live
>Beta Ray Bill God hunter
>Earth X
>New X-men by Morrison
>Spider-Man Gauntlet
>Guardians of the Galaxy (2008)
>X-Force (2008)
>Ghost Rider Road to Damnation
>X-men Asguardian Wars

dazzler

>Just got a new job, lot of expendable cash, bought a Marvel Unlimited subscription.
what a waste of money.
no matter how expendable cash is to you now, what a waste.

I know absolutely fuck all about the X-Men, I'll try it out.

Anyone know anything galactic that's worth reading?
I read Thanos: A God Up There Is Listening and enjoyed it.

how

I've been pretty entertained by what I've read so far.
After all it's $10/month. I used to spend 5 or 6 times that a month just on tollway at my last job.

Don't get pissy over how other people spend their money, poorfag.

Venom (2011)
Moon Knight (Warren Ellis)
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Scarlet Spider (Chris Yost)
Annihilation
Nova
Carnage USA
AXIS Carnage

But you should be spending your money on DC, don't you want to follow memes? What's wrong with you? Sup Forums will call you a shill and hate you forever.

good on you OP, I kind of miss my Unlimited account, really wish DC would make an unlimited app but I know they never will.

Good call.
I read through Carnage U.S.A., Venom: Dark Origin and Venom's arc in Ultimate Spider-Man. As edgelord-y as it makes me look, I'm loving Venom so far.

I'm excited to find out how he went from Eddie to Flash and then joined the GOTG.

You're not going to like the GotG arc, it's written by bendis and is one of the few things that Sup Forums mostly agrees on.

They are too invested the the physical reprinting market to really make their own service, but there are rumors that one is unrolling later this year.

Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream
Absolute Top 10
Richard Stark's Parker: Martini Edition by Cooke

I know that they finally started adding digital copies of their comics marketed at 3.99, which is a hell of a bargain in today's world, sadly I don't have any of these titles on my pull list. I'm super happy that they started doing this though

I'm not strictly a Marvelfriend, if DC released something like Unlimited I'd be on it like flies on shit.

Well that's a shame. Guess I'll pass then.

You just wasted all that cash for nothing user.

business picks up with Claremont's run (Giant Size X-men #1 then Uncanny X-men #94) but the prior stuff introduces some nice stuff. Magneto and the brotherhood, Sentinels etc, that stuff's fine if you like silver age stories.

If anyone strictly read from 1 company while swearing off the other, that person is a damn fool. As for GotG, if you're familiar with Bendis' works then you'll know how bad it's going to ne, but what makes it worse is that Agent Venom was canceled just so Bendis could have him join the team for no actual reason at all. Sucks

I recommend these too. They're pretty much all good.

See screenshot for the DnA Cosmic Saga.

For the Jim Starlin Cosmic Saga see: reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/3eyqoo/discussion_og_cosmic_marvel_reading_order/ctjpxqe/

Be aware that the early stuff is a bit rough. Starlin hits his stride by Thanos Quest though.

>all that cash
Not him but it's pretty cheap. He has a job and with unlimited he can read comics on his phone at work. It will pay for itself.

But it's MARVEL, you can't just pay for something from them without triggering someone else.

Which I do. I have one of those big ass tablet type phones for just that reason.
Look, support your LCS when you can, buy physical prints, put them on your bookshelf, on your wall, they look pretty, they're a conversation topic, whatever, but I started my subscription on Saturday and I've read through at LEAST $100 worth of comics by now and I can easily say that it was worth $10.

FUCK what a run-on sentence that was.

>H-HE ISN'T SUPPORTING THE MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY THAT I'M SUPPORTING! STOP LIKING THINGS THAT I DON'T LIKE!
Fucking console wars.

Like I said, if DC released something akin to Unlimited, I'd buy it and use it as my jumping in point for DC, but so far, no luck.

I feel ya man, I really do, just ignore the company wars

I do ignore it.
In fact, this is my first day back on Sup Forums, which is my homeboard, in about 9 months.

The console wars were getting so fucking irritating thay I needed to cut the negativity from my life and bailed.

I just found out today that Snyder's daughter an hero'd, he bounced from Justice League and Joss "Make jokes about cancer survivors because LOL CONSERVATIVES" Whedon took over, despite the fact the movie's coming out in less than 6 months. What a day to return, right?

read squirrel girl

You chose an awful time to come back, but hey, it's not all bad, we have a storytime for Contest of Champions up right now here which was criminally underrated. I hope you don't let the Sup Forums and Sup Forums posting get you down user because honestly we need to clean this damn board up.
And don't listen to this user either

omg why dont u support her

Not a fan of the character, the writing or the art, I'm not so against the title, it just doesn't really appeal to me is all, SG was best when she was a z-lister who'd appear in one or two panels and had the running joke of defeating anyone so long as it happens off panel. Making her a star in a book with spongebob styled art didn't help at all.

That being said, SG was pretty entertaining in AIMvengers though, and I'm still waiting for USAvengers to gather more issues so I can read it in bulk

Trust me, buddy, I am well aware of skwerl gurl.

Hey, how'd Sup Forums take to that Latina time traveler story Marvel shit out? Or the Black Lives Matter comic that apparently existed and quickly died?
Let's play a little catch-up.

You're doing a disservice to Spongebob, dude.

Well, BP and his Crew I don't think ever got any kind of a story time on Sup Forums but the premise of the book was so flimsy I don't even think the readers that the book was supposed to represent liked the idea much. SJWs are mad that it ended, but who honestly cares about those sub-humans?

As for America, well for some reason each issue keeps getting spammed here on Sup Forums, and I honestly can't see that series lasting for more than 6 issues.

Personally, I haven't read either of them as I didn't care for the creative teams, the art, or the roster for either book.

As someone who comes here for the comics and nit the cartoons I have to admit that I'm not a fan of SB, but when I see her face that's what I'm reminded of.

As a guy who comes here for both and believes that the first 3 seasons of SB are easily on par with early Simpsons in terms of writing and humor, I have to say that is disrespectful.

While I respect your opinion user I do not share it.

ASM 1-121
FF 1-102
Thor 121-179- (I don't want to start no shit, but it's better than Simonson.
Werewolf by night

I've had an account for ages, It is a great service.

And I understand that your point of view differs from my own because of the different experiences we've gone through to lead us to this point. In any case I respect your opinion as well.

Marvel put out more good comics between 66 -and 86 than the big two have released combined, x 5 since. And they're almost all on unlimited.

I'm going through adding these to my library. Good suggestions, dude. Thanks

Read the new Bullseye series.

Runaways is being Storytimed right now

>a toonfag and a comicfag respectfully disagreeing
Holy shit, it's like I traveled back to when Sup Forums wasn't so shit!

don' t bother
most of it has missing pages and fucked up lettering or dialogue on the wrong pages etc.
just go with comixology unlimited instead

i like girl characters and shes funny to me also i like the art so idk

I haven't noticed any of that in a couple years, user.

I like female characters too, but SG was never much of an actual character, as I said I liked her in AIMvengers, but her solo just isn't for me.

Let's agree to disagree, shall we?

okay daddy, i mean she was always just a wierd goof be real

>daddy
Damn right

As shitty as modern marvel is, Unlimited has a massive catalog of the good shit to make it worth it.

>w

nothing from them

Epic meme bro

Miller's Daredevil