Is Toffee our only hope?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cNyzqD7QnAE
youtube.com/watch?v=FVyrenIyMlY
youtube.com/watch?v=CnPmtwBiD8I
youtube.com/watch?v=wUo5nG_LtJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>aku was a letdown
the only letdown was how they made him go out, it went really quickly because for whatever reason the whole finale was 20 or so minutes. They had to basically rush through the entire thing.

This

The last fight should have been between Aku and Jack, but instead it was between Jack and Akushi with Jack not even trying to defeat his enemy. When he did finally fight Aku it was underwhelming as hell since Aku was still weak from his recent fight with Jack before he sent him into the future.
I am really interested to see how he turns out. He seems like a very powerful enemy with obscure motives, and he seems like an actual threat whereas Ludo was more of a comical "trips and falls" kind of enemy.

What about Dominator?

Defeated by the powers of cancellation.

shirtless scene when?

Hey, there's still White Diam-oh who am I kidding.

It almost happened.

>Based Liggerman is our only hope for a satisfying villain defeat

Don't let us down you scaly bastard

Letdown? Aku was still a great character, Toffee is just a bland competent villain.

As much as I like Toffee I'm genuinely more hopeful for Ludo to get out of his situation and join the good guys.

I hope Toffee wins.

How was Aku a letdown?

Elaborate.

Aku was excellent, it's Jacky boy that's disappointed us

You only like her because she's a hot girl, that's it. She could have been defeated multiple times but for whatever reasons the protagonists did not proceed. Lord Hater beat her fair and square when they had their rematch before he found out she was a girl.

Hates great, best villain!

Jack handily defeated Aku in the first episode of the first season, then he spent 50 years experience fighting all kinds of crazy shit while still being maintained at his physical prime by time magic.
It only makes sense that round 2 should be completely one-sided.

He's the greatest
youtu.be/cNyzqD7QnAE

Ludo with wand > Toffee.

is this image a reference to Villianous?

So this thread got randomly bumped.

What is there too elaborate on? Aku is a petty asshole that loves to dick around with Jack and isn't just MY DIABOLICAL PLAN, he genuinely enjoys what he does and has other traits that make him more than just an obstacle for the protagonist. I can't think of a single villain more entertaining to watch than Aku, even cartoons where the protagonist IS the villain can't hold a candle to him.

Toffee? Well having a plan, doing said plan, and trying to win with that plan is all well and good but what more is there to him? Probably a shitty scorned lover backstory, but as it is he's basically the Lich from Adventure Time minus the cool lines and Ron Perlman.

You may as well watch a failed boss raid in an mmo.

The very best
youtube.com/watch?v=FVyrenIyMlY

No it's a reference to a meme involving an inexplicably popular character from an otherwise forgotten crappy videogame.

>then
Megatron, Skeletor, Mumm-rah, Cobra Commander, Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd

>now
a gay alligator and a floating Illuminati sign.

You're right to compare him to the Lich, but he has one important advtange: he hasn't been ruined YET. Unlike the Lich, he hasn't had his potential wasted yet. If Toffee winds up as "the Lich, but well executed," how is that not an overwhelming win?

How do you execute the lich well?

What did you honestly expect from Aku? He's lost to Jack every time they've fought and the only reason he was never killed until this point was because he was very good at running away. How was the finale going to make all those precious episodes of getting his ass locked go away?

Why was Bill a letdown?

>future Aku travels back to stop his own destruction
>Jack has to beat two Akus simultaneously

Because then he's just a good obstacle and little more. That isn't a good villain, just a passable antagonist.

For one you don't have him job and turn into a literal baby.

You have him slowly build his advantages in the background, interspersed with a few key meetings with the hero that are inconclusive and tantalizing. Then, in the latter portion of your story, you have him unleash his full, awful might, rolling over all the established story and setting and characters that the audience has grown to love, ruining them and bringing them low. You have him win, and keep winning, over and over again, until at last there seems to be no hope at all. But the hero maintains hope against all odds, believing even when belief seems foolish. Then a secret is revealed, a truth is uncovered, something previously unknown is made known, and a chance appears. The hero takes that chance, stands before the villain. The villain still seems mighty, but now unsure. He unleashes his full might upon the hero, but now the hero takes the chance, does the impossible, and just when the villain seems at his mightiest, the hero turns the tables, and snatches victory from the jaws of defeat. The villain is defeated utterly, reduced to smoke and fog, and banished from the world forever, never to return.

At least, that's how I think you should do a villain of the Lich's caliber.

Season 1 Toffee > Season 2 Ludo >>>>>>>>>>>> Season 2 Toffee

not actively doing much that season kind of hurt him.

don't even know where to put S1 Ludo because he worked well enough for "shit joke villain gets played by actual villain" and had more of a presence than S2 Toffee, but also was a totally shit villain, so

Slow corruption of Finn?

S2 Ludo is better than even S1 Toffee because we get to see his rise to competence. Ludo in the Wild was pure kino

>Probably a shitty scorned lover backstory

More like Eclipsa, the monster fucking fallen queen fucked Toffee's great great granddaddy and now Toffee has a claim to the throne.

They're definitely pretty close for me; I really didn't think they'd do anything like that with Ludo.

Just the contrast between Toffee and everybody/everything else in Season 1 is still kind of funny to me. Serious villain stands out more in the least serious season

Cancer will come back and stop this one.

Not great but you get some great hater in the finale

>generic evil overlord
>great character

>Aku
>generic
user pls

If you think Aku was a generic overlord, particularly for SJ's time, you probably haven't watched the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=CnPmtwBiD8I
What made him different was how playful and openly petty he was. A troll before the concept of trolling was overplayed.

> LOOK MOM I MADE A JOJO JOKE REFERENCE I HAVE FRIENDS ON THE INTERNET STOP CRYING DAD WILL COME BACK SOME DAY

seems no one can forget it

why do faggots always gravitate towards campy pseudo-gay villains?

I wish CBee would come back. He drew lower bodies like nobody else.

youtube.com/watch?v=wUo5nG_LtJY

>toffee is one of the few characters that still have a obsession over star

all those cuck drawings and not a single one about this one yet.

How is toffee gay at all?

Psh, lawyers...

do they let river watch?

it all started about all the time he went to war wearing this

A compression shirt? Athletes and people who work out wear that stuff all the time.

>Athletes and people who work out

Right, homos.

>Is Toffee our only hope?

No.

and random spikes

and platform boots

>rushed

THEY HAD AN ENTIRE SEASON TO END THIS SHIT, IT WASNT RUSHED, IT REALLY WAS THAT TERRIBLE, nigger.

Toffee was never a thing and Aku was never a thing, new hotness.

Don't be mad cuz he's stylin on you.

>Toffee comes in the background in season one
>makes star explode her wand
>all a intricate plan to fuse with the wand
>turns out Toffee had a history with star's mom and wants revenge on her family

so far i like the build-up

That episode with the King of ooo had a tremendous payoff tho.

Just noticed he's missing his tail.

god toffee is so dfuckign hot

why am i gay for a fucking cartoon lizard

I think he means in terms of villain defeats.
Chances are he's not going to get beaten. He's a fun villain certainly, just not a fun antagonist because he's the protagonist in a sense.

Speak for yourself; Aku was perfect. He was one of the few elements of the new season that was pulled off, when it came to characterization and later on to the voice, flawlessly.