Appreciation of Superheroes Thread

Hi Sup Forums

Today is my birthday and I'm not normally a big fan of sentimentality, but I wanted to make a bit of a statement to begin this thread.

A few years ago I went through a bad break up with a girl I totally would have wife'd. I already suffer from pretty bad depression and the break up aggravated that to a very high level, at one point I was even planing on hanging myself.

Then I remember hearing about Batman v Superman coming out in not too long. I used to hang out on Sup Forums pretty hard before and remember they had a comic book board. I'd always been a big fan of superhero comics, beginning with X-Men as a kid and following through various different writers and artists and characters over the years, but hadn't been following things as much recently.

Sup Forums completely reinvigorated my love for the superhero genre, particularly within comics themselves: without Sup Forums I wouldn't have read a lot of Legends of the Dark Knight; I wouldn't have known about the Hypercrisis; I wouldn't have realised how great and petty Black Manta i; and I wouldn't have really worked on furthering my own understanding, knowledge, and interpretation of comics.

So thanks Sup Forums and if you'll indulge me I'd like a thread talking about what superheroes people like and why, and/or why they enjoy the genre.

>pic related as my favorite panel from comics

You sound like a faggot and your shit's retarded.

Kys my man

This is why i love coming here

this. I dont know why losers post feels shit on here. if you want feels shit OP theres a thing called Reddit.

Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern in general. A bunch of books about friendship, teamwork, overcoming the odds, and the idea that heroes come in all shapes and sizes has always appealed to me.

I don't know why I like superheroes but I do.

>Hi Sup Forums. Today is my birthday and I'm not normally a big fan of sentimentality, but I wanted to make a bit of a statement to begin this thread.

Stopped reading there. This isnt tumblr

>hanging yourself over a girl

YOUR ANCESTORS SHOULD BE FUCKING ASHAMED OF YOUR PUSSY ASS. FINISH THE JOB AND KILL YOURSELF.

Your grandfathers probably had been through war, hell and back, and you were thinking of paying them and all your predecessors back by offing yourself?

At least Jack was killing himself for honor. You are just pathetic. What a waste you are. Seek help

>committing suicide
>over pussy

Finish the damn job OP

When did Sup Forums become so edgy?

tl;dr but from the previous posts it looks like youre a loser

When did Sup Forums become fucking pussywhipped? Kill yourself OP I have served my country and do my duty at homeless shelters for Star of Hope. Ive seen people struggle through actual hell and live, so suicide over a chick is just tacky. Not cool

Superman. I'm a sucker for heroes who stand unwaveringly for truth and justice. Which isn't to say that moral complexity doesn't make for some fantastic stories, but seeing Superman or Captain America or Kamen Rider or whoever just stand up and say "Not today, evil" is something that always makes me smile.

Happy Birthday user! Have a good one

If not being a complete fucking faggot is edgy then call me an edgelord

Cringe. I reall am on tumblr

Is Superman fucking that boy?

I. knew there was something up with Batman adopting all these kids
Alert the press and child services Batman is a fucking pedo!

Happy birthday, man

I actually know the answer to this, been here since 2005:
>2010

That was the same year that MLP came out.
Before then "Sup Forums is love" used to be our motto basically. When that show came out the fans hijacked our motto and used it as an excuse to shitpost their show and in time the cancer spread to all the other boards. The mods struck out and the shitposters were sent to their containment board but all sorts of positive sentimentality and helpfulness died with them. Forever tainted by shitposting of unparalleled magnitude.
I even remember my first thread here, about a comic called "Canon Fodder", before that I used to bum around /x/ and Sup Forums. It was a different time.

Lol fuck off. Blog posts were never accepted

>Blog posts were never accepted
They were and are, that's why generals exist.

It seemed more like MLM triggered the shift to edginess.

>Cringe. I reall am on tumblr
The fact that every other board calls this one Sup Forumsmblr wasn't your first hint?

This. Especially blogs where an OP wants sympathy. Any board except this one, tumblreddit, would be giving OP even MORE shit. Kill yourselves you suicidal emo pieces of depressed for petty shit shits. Nail that note.