Doug Liman Exits 'Justice League Dark' Movie

And DC loses another one
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/doug-liman-exits-justice-league-dark-movie-1007040?utm_source=twitter

did they kill his daughter, too?

I dont want to say rats ditching a sinking ship but you got to admit WB has a lot riding on Justice League. They expect Wonder Woman to get hurt by the competition

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*

WHY DO THEY EVEN TRY

Snyder bailing and Whedon coming on honestly gives me even less hope for Justice League than I had before, and before my hopes were pretty low.

I expect Justice League to be a genuinely terrible movie. I expect it to be bad on the level of Battlefield Earth and The Adventures Of Pluto Nash. I expect it to be total shit and I expect it to bomb in a way that kills the DCEU.

>justice league dark
Good, I don't want to see N52 Constantine

Oh boy, looks like Disney's marketing team has decided to start attacking another project.

What the fuck is with DC's revolving door of directors? Aren't they supposed to be the "creator driven" universe? Haven't they been trying to sell that concept at every press interaction? So what are they doing that keeps alienating creators?

They probably wanted Batman to be in it like the cartoon movie
At least he'll do Edge of Tomorrow 2 now.

After Gambit this is the 2nd comic movie he's dropped. What movie is he actually going to make?

Even after Zack, they have no shame.

apparently it's so he can focus on Chaos Walking

Too many cooks. Everyone has their fingers on the project, from writers, directors, and producers, all of which not knowing where they want to take things

Let's be real tho

This one was never happening. All we're going to wind up getting is the Batman Cinematic Universe.

This one is an animated movie

WTF happened to Bill Nye?

People are attached to and leave projects early in development all the time.

The difference between DC movies and other movies is that promoting every single change in direction or unsubstantiated rumor gets tons of clicks as that news is spread all over the internet by rabid mousefuckers dying for news that their enemy is dead for real this time.

These are the same people who laughed at Snyder's daughter's suicide, fantasized about Patty Smith getting rest cancer, and called for people to shoot up theaters and kill DCEU movie staffers. There is no limit to the inhumanity of Marvel fans.

*Breast cancer

As a person that doesn't watch DC or Marvel movies all that much, what is happening at WB?

It seems they can't keep directors at all.

Holy overdefensiveness, Batman!

does it matter? they won't be around much longer

Did Flash ever get a director?

>they won't be around much longer
Sure they won't, shill.

F

there's a couple in talks right now but they'll drop out soon

DC movies might not. They could be iced for a while until WB can get a DCCU going well, while they put some money into kaiju kino
as it should be

>42
I really don't have an idea of what these retards are doing at the WB offices. Do these people wake up each day and think of new ways to drive away people from these projects? I really wonder if actors had these open contracts, how many of them would have fucked off by now.

basically this, Black Panther lost like 5 directors and Marvel has made a lot of the talent like directors and actors leave the MCU for good

Well its not going to be an easy, or cheap, movie to make, just like Green Lantern. I just want Cold

Black Panther never lost a director nice try

yes they did.

Edgar Wright and Jon Favreau stand out.

What, no it isn't. There was a Justice League Dark animated movie recently, but this is a live action adaption. I mean it would be if it was happening, but it isn't.

>DC movies might not.

Daily reminder that Suicide Squad made more money than Ant-man, Thor, Dr. Strange and also they got an Oscar.

While all Marvel has to offer is ''let's put a ton of Avengers in one movie Phase''

They are already in their last legs, making the same mistakes that the comic book side of things are doing

true, they lost 4 directors

Why are they already trying to create a giant Marvel universe of spin offs and character movies when they somehow barely got two off the ground?

Serious question, even Justice League is jeopardy.

it most be so lonely being the only pathetic DC shill on the board

>only Superhero movie he ever directed was "Jumper"

I'm glad he's gone.

Yeah Black Panther couldnt get a director after going through every black director in Hollywood but that didnt get hyped to hell and back by these people. Same as Edgar Wright leaving Ant Man.

Its pure propaganda.

Who are these imaginary directors that officially signed on that backed out?

Deadpool did.

>Daily reminder that Suicide Squad made more money than Ant-man, Thor, Dr. Strange

And so far Guardians 2 is still hasn't passed SS box office wise despite being a over-hyped sequel appealing to little kids and families in their adds

see the fact that Marvel made black directors turn away from directing BLACK PANTHER says a lot

Can DCEU just fucking die so we can try again and do it right this time? This is maybe the largest scale failure in cinema history

The Selma one I remembered that had her pinned but she left out of creative differences. Everyone else seemed to pop up every time when a Black movie came out from Creed to Compton

So when will Warner Bros give up and say fuck it, burn the sinking ship and start from scratch?

And with no China premier?

Wait what exactly is your point?

They got one of the best rising directors in Hollywood to do the movie. Y'all are just grasping at straws here

literally who?

>Aren't they supposed to be the "creator driven" universe?

They've never been this. DCEU films are just as formulaic and contrived as Marvel ones, they just follow a different formula - specifically, a formula that everyone was fucking tired of by 2005.

Who?

As it stands, it's more profitable from a long-game to pursue the cinematic universe that's both critically and financially successful. I wouldn't be surprised then if Warner starts looking at that, or the rumored "Harry Potter" CU

>Bailing
His daughter killed herself

Don't tip that tinfoil hate down to far, you won't be able to see where you're going.

like 2 months ago

Companyfags are the Manson Family of Sup Forums. Ignore his ramblings.

>And with no China premier?

China did hava a Guardians premier while they didn't got Suicide Squad at all because of Katana's sword trapping ghosts and Chinese people being religious as fuck

Literally who is right.

When they finally pull the plug on the DCEU, all the behind the scenes stuff that'll come out is going to be fascinating.

i thought it was tattoos

>Marvel's most popular sequel can't beat DC's worst.

>Batman Cinematic Universe.
Without a Batman stand alone.

This dude aleays leaving shit

probably because he would rather make GOOD movies instead

Daily reminder that Iron Man 3 made more money than the first ever movie starring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman together.

Daily reminder that an R rated Deadpool made more money domestically than the first ever movie starring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman together.

THIS THIS THIS

The Walt Disney Company's Marvel's Black Panther is one of the greatest movies ever made.

and Guardians 2 had like a 90 million advantage thanks to Marvel bending over for China in all their movies

Is like a race in which you have a lot of advantage and instead of you winning by a landslide, you barely win with a couple of seconds of advantage

>Doug Liman
I... don't care?

it's not out yet but yes

also it's better than ANY movie DCrap has put out

daily reminder that Man of Steel outsold Iron Man 3 on blu ray.

Daily reminder that MoS didn't took a shit on General Zod in the process while Marvel took a huge dump on the Mandarin just to make extra money in China.

Justice League Dark is one of the dumbest ideas DC's ever had and I hope one day soon they'll finally scrap this retarded concept.

>The Walt Disney Company's Marvel's Black Panther is one of the greatest movies ever made.

I personally love that film

the animated film was succesful and well received, people are starting to pay attention to Swamp Thing and Dr. Fate thanks to injustice.

Too bad, its going to happen.

Isn't it weird that the book has been gone for years now and yet they keep insisting on this idea for other media?

Fuck yeah. If we can get the rest of their directors to pull a Baby Snyder then we'll all be free of DShit for ever.

Imagine how funny itd be if the Wonder Whore director got breast cancer and had to have her tits cut off.

And the movie is just now having to have some work done overseas, which Snyder can't do.

no because people are exited for the concept whenever is brought

take a look at this virgin kissless bitter dude, laugh at him

So is Semen the only DCEU movie in 2018? the hell happened to Flash, Shazam and Cyborg?

t. DC shill

yes and the same thing that happens to every other DC movie

Very cool

Wait, I thought Wright only dipped out on Ant-Man. He was supposed to do Black Panther too?

being this assblasted

VERY cool

>Jon Favreau

It really makes you think the fact that they alienated the very same person that created the fucking Marvel formula that they over-using.

Its funny because they are basically ripping off Jon Favreau's style since it was not planned that they would use his style as the formula

don't worries, I have your mom by my side

>every day more news comes out that gets us one step closer to the dream
2017 truly is a year of miracles

Nope.

Marvel only lost two directors: Patty Jenkins and Edgar Wright. Favreau didn't want to direct "Iron Man 3" but still produced and starred in it, and none of the "Black Panther" directors were officially attached like Affleck, McLaren, Grahame-Smith, Famuyiwa and Liman.

>the hell happened to Flash, Shazam and Cyborg?

On different stages of Development Hell.

WB reportedly wanted to fast-track "Gotham City Sirens" to accompany "Aquaman" but it'll either be delayed now or David Ayer will drop out because he's in advanced talks to helm the "Scarface" reboot.

>David Ayer will drop out because he's in advanced talks to helm the "Scarface" reboot.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IT JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER

just bring Del Toro back
that fucker sure needs a miracle after getting fucked over and over and over and over

Del Toro can't do Dark Universe. WB would be meddling shits like they usually are, and he doesn't go back to canned projects. Look at P.T or Hellboy.

I think he'd be great for a Nightmare on Elm Street film, now that I think about it.

Because money