You've never killed a real person before! FLESH AND BLOOD!

>you've never killed a real person before! FLESH AND BLOOD!
>oh no! I killed some kids! Now I'm gonna kill myself!
Man it's good that Jack went through multiple crisises about futurepeoples deaths, like the sisters and the kids, just to erase them later without literally a single god damned thought.

Thanks gendy!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/87ZJp_mILAI?t=1m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=iOP4fa0tLmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/87ZJp_mILAI?t=1m20s

>Every fucking one of these fuckers never existed
>"Fuck them, fuck the lot of them, only Ashi gets to go through the portal, I only care about Ashi"
Ashi was a fucking mistake and always was.

>Cares about """""""""killing"""""""""" kids
>Doesn't care about erasing them from having ever existed

That's actually a pretty good point I never thought about.

Him caring about anyone in the future was completely pointless especially if it got in the way of his goal since they would all get erased as a result of completing it.

I swear, this must be everyone's first time travel story.

>should I go back in time and stop Aku from ever creating this horrible future, giving the smallest chance that these kids could grow up to have a good life?
>or should I let Aku continue ruling, guaranteeing that they'll be tortured and killed along the line?

Logically yes but character-wise there's no way Jack would've gone down that road

Other kids Jack erased from existence

>the baby
>that street urchin girl who took his clothes
>the purple haired girl whose family was eaten by a demon
>those children from the fairy tales episode

Probably a lot more

If he ever actually contemplated this he wouldn't immediately go suicidal the second the kids died.

Jack or the other characters never experience existential dread at all.

>Samurai "Spike the Tykes" Jack

>Jack goes to the past and undoes the future that is Aku
>This has been his stated goal for 13 years
>REEEEEEEE WHYS JACK HAVE TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL, WHYS JACK HAVE TO WIN REEEEEEE
Fucking bandwaganers

>You go back in time and save your family and everyone that lived on the time from a Demon Lord

>retroactively ALSO undo countless suffering, slaughter and slavery across THOUSAND YEARS that literaly destroyed entire planets

>Not only that, you create a brighter future, you are RESPONSABLE for thousand years of a world much more peaceful and hopeful

>You are somehow the bad guy for it

>for giving peace and a better world to countless generations on multiple planets

>If PPG and Dexter are on the same world as it seems, they just exist because Jack saved their timeline.

>Other characters go back in time and change timelines all the time (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Justice League, PPG, Dexter) but it is only an issue when Jack does it.

>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW that would have jumped over Jack and protected Aku, letting him kill billions on the following years.

They never existed, doesn't count. Keep crying.

i dont understand, everyone watching this before the series got restarted must of had theories about this very scenario playing out. it's literally time travel 101

Kids that Jack saved

>literally every single child that would not come to be in the future that is Aku

>BWAHAHAHA
>FOOLISH SAMURAI
>BY UNDOING THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU YOU HAVE UNDONE THE FUTURE THAT IS YOUR FRIENDS
>THEY MAY HAVE SUFFERED UNDER MY TYRANNY BUT AT LEAST IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LIFE LIVED
>EVEN AFTER THEIR DEATHS THEY WOULD HAVE GONE TO A PLACE WHERE MY EVIL CANNOT FOLLOW
>BUT THANKS TO YOU THEY NO LONGER EXIST
>THEIR STRUGGLES
>THEIR TRIUMPHS
>THEIR HAPPINESS
>ALL OF IT... GONE
>YOU ARE CRUELER THAN I COULD HAVE POSSIBLY IMAGINED FOOLISH SAMURAI

Ashi dragged Jack through the portal so all of this is technically her fault.

But he did. He erased everyone. Maybe he just didn't know what "undoing the future that is Aku" really meant.

Jack could have accomplished his goal multiple times in the original series, but he always put protecting and saving people first. It never made any sense since he would end up deleting them if he ever did go back, but he still did it anyway.

>REEE I DONT LIKE IT WHEN THINGS ARENT CUT AND DRY DONT PUT JACK THROUGH A STORY ARC NO REEE

Jacks sole purpose was to defeat aku, not decide the existential worthiness of people.

>giving the smallest chance that these kids could grow up to have a good life?
You mean the ones that no longer exist, thanks to him? Because Aku never decimated their home planet, meaning they never had to take shelter on earth, meaning they never would have met and had those kids who would later be enslaved and saved by Jack and Ashi, only to be erased from existence?

There were better ways for Genndy to do this.

This copypasta bait is stale

I guess the lesson here is that if you steal Jack's clothes he will erase you from having ever existed.

Don't fuck with Jack, it would seem

>kills baby goats which are called kids
>loses sword and his way
>kills kids
>tries to kill self

it all makes sense to me

>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW that would have jumped over Jack and protected Aku, letting him kill billions on the following years.
I would have, because having a shitty life is preferable to having no life at all.

>they never existed

Oh we know, Jack made sure of that. What a hero.
It's a good thing he sacrificed those kids on their behalf, since he fucked up his chance to do that initially.

>People mad that a show ended by following through with the premise of said show from day one.

Seriously "Gotta get Back, back to the Past" is the ENTIRE original theme song, the S5 intro... also ends with Jack proclaiming "Gotta Get Back, Back to the Past".

Jack's goal has ALWAYS been "Get Back to past, Undo the Future that is Aku".

So is the OP

You mean the kids who got to hear fairy tales from Aku? Wait, no, they no longer exist either.

There should've been a character like this on the show.

Give me one good reason they couldn't have shown the better lives of all the characters in the new, Aku-less future.

The problem with using a transactional model of morality is that by travelling back in time Jack comes out ahead morally due to all the suffering he prevented.

>Other characters go back in time and change timelines all the time (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Justice League, PPG, Dexter) but it is only an issue when Jack does it
This, it baffles me that Sup Forums (of all boards) seem so confused about time travel when is one of the most used plots in comics and cartoons. I bet that /tg/ or Sup Forums could have solved the issue the same day the episode aired.

His goal has always been kill aku you fucking twat. Just because a theme song reiterates his current objective it doesn't mean that can't change.

There really should have, and season 5 would have been the perfect time to explore such a concept. Hell, it could have been Ashi since her existence is directly tied to Aku's. But nope, here's your disappearing waifu.

Right now, you could go create a kid, or work toward it. But you're not. Are you erasing that kid from ever having existed?

Because spending the entire epilogue on Jack and Ashi was more important than showing a healthy, alive, two-legged Scotsman and his horde of loving daughters in the new future.

"He" prevented? Surely you mean all the lives who helped him, who were erased from existence, a fate worse than death in a world where there's an afterlife, who aren't even acknowledged after the fact.

The only character we know for sure that would cease to exist is Ashi, who did so because she had a direct connection to Aku still being in that reality.

There is an equal chance that the events that would transpire in a future that is Aku-less would result in the same people. Scotsman may be the lord of a castle who never had to be on the run, maybe had like 50 daughters. Maybe even a son.

But hey, that doesn't make people upset on Sup Forums. Gotta imply that Jack is a monster for killing the EMBODIMENT OF EVIL.

I'll take the Future that is Aku over No Future At All

>aku will never say this mockingly as he dies

They exist. They just don't have to deal with Aku or Jack.
When will this meme end?

*self described* master of evil.

Also there's no way those characters would exist at all without akus meddling.

Season 6 where King Jack has gotta get back to the future to undo the past that is Samurai Jack when?

Can we talk about how there's two Jacks in the timeline. Jack essentially replaced another Jack, Rick style. Are we ever going to see Jack 2 in the new Future without Aku.

Nice impossible headcanon.

So if Aku's future was prevented, does that mean he never destroyed all the time portals, including the guardian's? Wouldn't that mean the prophecy is back up again? Time travel is confusing.

>Are you erasing that kid from ever having existed?
If there's a future where I have that kid because of circumstances that otherwise would not have happened? Yes.

Let's say a war breaks out and I'm drafted to fight and I fall in love with a girl I never would have met because she's in another country near the front lines, and we marry and have kids. Then let's say someone goes back in time and stops the war from happening, so I never meet that girl, and no longer have that kid. You would have erased that child from ever having existed.

Steins;Gate 0 features a protagonist w/ a moral crisis regarding erasing timelines. Of course it's a time-loli side character, but still, rare.

Samurai jack could theoretically go back to a time before aku sent him back usisng the guardians time portal to undo his fuckup..

Then again he'd have to wait 50 years.. And do everything the same again..

Yeah no that timeline is FUCKED

Well at least the Viking guy wasn't imprisoned in lava for thousands of years

This. So not only are all the people he knew erased, but all the people in the preceding thousand or so years of Aku's reign, and all the dead people in the various afterlives like the lava monster viking. They're gone too.

>There is an equal chance that the events that would transpire in a future that is Aku-less would result in the same people
Would have been great to show that then, huh?

There will always be a future, what that future is now is what is unknown.

>*self described* master of evil.
I am holding myself back because I know you just watched Season 5 and never bothered with the first four seasons and just want to troll.

Aku is birthed from a cosmic entity that was literally evil incarnate.

His goddamn name means "evil".

>Also there's no way those characters would exist at all without akus meddling.
Unless Aku was literally forcing people to breed, you have no basis on saying this.

honestly I would have shit myself if these were Aku's last words

Yeah, now he gets to not exist at all.

Well, wouldn't the lava warrior never have been inprisoned in lava in the first place?

No, Aku is LITERALLY a piece of the primordial mass from which all evil came from in the SJ universe after the Gods basically blew it up.

He's literally MADE of evil. Some of his stranger actions even make a lot more sense once you realize that because of this he's literally predisposed to make the most evil choice possible.

There's no future for them.

>you have no basis on saying this
Really? What about all those ancient stagnated cultures and alien refugees stranded on earth? What about all the Diasporas, migrations and exoduses?

So to you, "erasing someone from existence" requires that they would have "actually existed"? Surely someone who never was created in the first place can't be said to have existed.

There's no difference between what Jack did at the end of Season 5 and if he had killed Aku in the first place and was never sent forward in time. Either way irrevocably alters history. You could make the same argument about him "erasing from existence" all the people that would have been born in the age of (relative) peace that follows Aku's defeat in the past.

The probability of a person being born is incomprehensibly low and is entirely based on happenstance. To think that everyone in the future would still exist after changing a major event in the past is absolutely retarded.

Time continues with out Jack there, you fuck. Just because a single person dies doesn't mean the whole world stops, does it? Just because the dinosaurs died out didn't mean life on Earth stopped, did it? You're fucking retarded.

Yes, it would have. I don't deny that.

However, "not showing us this better future" does not mean "everyone in the future ceased to exist".

>a fate worse than death in a world where there's an afterlife,
>implying afterlives function based on existitude
>implying fate is even a thing what with time travel
>implying that changing the past somehow sends people to their respective afterlives rather than changing the circumstances to where they were never born

I swear, you fucking guys don't seem to understand MAGIC TIME PORTAL logic. Nobody was purged from the earth, the only casualty from killing Aku was Ashi.

Give me one good reason why we should care?

He's not the cosmic entity he was born from though. He's a seperate entity, and this is proven by how goofy he acts throughout the series. He's more like a jerk than a manifestation of real evil.

Fuck there are even more evil demons than him, like the ghost dragon demon in the haunted house episode.

Names don't count for shit, Jacks name could've been named "good" and the series would've still ended with him erasing a timeline of people.

He wasnt forcing anything, but he causes the events leading up to people's births to transpire.

Genndy literaly did this on Dexter. Plenty of works ignore most of Butterfly effect anyway.

>Jack finaly goes back in time to kill Aku, when he is ready to give the final blow, finaly, after ALL of these years he will avenge his family, free the world of Aku and his reign and prevent the atrocities that he saw in the future!

>Them a at NEET quickly get up from his chair and rolls in his direction

>Putting his big fatty body between Jack and Aku he says "Jack you cant do this! This is wrong!"

>Surprised, Jack can't react quickly enough, and Aku get up again taking the form of a flying creature

>"HAHAHAHA" Laughts Aku, as he flies away while Jack can only screams in desperation

>Aku them procedes to continue his conquest on other places, killing billions on multiple planets, enslaving generations and destroying an insane number of lives for thousand years

>user gets personaly the oportunity to see he destroying a viking village and impriesoning its king in crystal for thousand years on agony

>Jack faces user directly and ask: "Why? Why you let this monster do all of this atrocity?"

>user says "I couldn't let you kill people! Killing people is wrong!"

He is from the same time period as Jack.

>he always makes the most evil choice
Then there wouldn't be life, idiot.

Learn the difference between dying and being wiped from reality.

>It's bad that Aku never decimated their home planet

Do you futurefags even listen to yourselves?

Dr. Who was wiped out from history MULTIPLE TIMES. Guess what? Daleks still existed, even though he was responsible for them becoming a thing. Fuck you. Stop this meme.

Prove it.

>Then there wouldn't be life, idiot.
>implying death is more evil than suffering
Who's the real idiot?

Actually, according to the Alt. Ending, even Ashi was spared.
youtube.com/watch?v=iOP4fa0tLmo
So the only two that died were Aku and Fuccbot.

>killing is wrong!

Learn the difference between death and being wiped from reality.

Don't be stupid. Time travel mechanics need to be established. With no indication in the show that the future Jack just left continued to exist after he defeated Aku (and actually quite the opposite, what with Ashi evaporating) there's no reason to think this is true.

eh, I'd blame Ashi for suddenly taking them straight back to the beginning instead of a few hours or a few days back and maybe talking over this with Jack.

Ashi's a stupid bitch, but that's okay, because they wasted 22 minutes on episode 8's pile of shit and needed to wrap up the series with a terrifically tragic ending for Jack.

>Genndy killed off Ashi before tackling the issue of what her feet smell like

Fuck off you hack

How many times has Marvel wiped a character from reality and nothing has changed? DC? Doctor Who? Godzilla?
Godzilla was literally torn from time, replaced with a dieing dinosaur, which then proceeded to get bigger and meaner then the one transported away. But the people during this time period still knew what a Godzilla was.The events of the first Godzilla attack still took place.

>era of peace after akus defeat

That timeline only started to exist when he went back in time. It did not exist when he was flung into the future, thus there's no argument.

See
Ashi was going to come back again.

>muh other tv show with different travel logic proves you wrong!

Haha holy shit

Well without Aku, their species are probably chilling on their home planet, as it was Aku who attacked and forced them to immigrate.

All for the better

Point me to the part of the show where the multiple timeline bullshit you're talking about is established.

Extra bonus points if you can rectify whatever your unfounded theory is with Ashi disappearing.

>"Wiping people from reality is wrong" says the fat as he tries to hold Jack down"

>But Aku is killing that woman! Oh my god, he just put fire on her!"

>"Sorry Jacko" user says "At least they have the afterlife to be happy"

>"Let me kill Aku!" says Jack in desperation, "leave me! I am doing it for my father, for my mother, for all the people that will suffer under him!"

>"Uhh..no"

>"HE is sodomizing those children!" Jack screams in horror " Let me kill Aku!" he says to the fat NEET.

>"Uuuh, no, they doesnt even have names. Who cares?"

No Viking dude is from Jacks time probably a couple months after Aku's chimpout reaching the Noridic lands.

He's doing a shitty job of making everyone on a single planet suffer, then.

>we're talking about a fucking show where portals can be physically grasped and lifted out of a person's fucking reach
And your point is? Time travel is time travel, you fuckwit.

Comic timeline and Cartoon timeline. And the proposed timeline where Ashi reappears thanks to the gods.

Not really seeming like a big loss there

Ashi was part Aku. Aku was destroyed, so she died as well. The rest of the world wasn't Aku, just affected by him.

>Time travel mechanics need to be established
Only if they're integral to the decisions of the plot. You can very well have a shock ending with time travel reveals. It's convenient only for the bittersweet ending, but not the plot itself. Time paradoxes didn't kill Aku, a magic sword did.

Ashi didnt die she ceased to exist.

Jack had his chance to kill aku and he failed. You're making up circumstances that literally are nothing close to what happened in the show.

Aku should've died, but Jack deciding that his timeline was more important than everyone else's was completely out of character or at tthe very least unearned.

Those are other mediums with their own set of shitter rules.

The point is that the timeline they existed in is erased, therefore they have been erased from existence. To ask "WELL HOW COULD THEY BE ERASED FROM EXISTENCE IF THEY NEVER EXISTED" is a pointless and pedantic argument, because all does is further prove that time travel is inherently paradoxical.

>Aku was destroyed, so she died as well.

The part of her that was Aku left her, that didn't kill her. The show subtly hints this by having her outright state almost immediately that she felt him leaving her, and then having her live.

She didn't "die", she stopped existing.

>jack deciding that his timeline was more important then everyone elses
Ashi fucking sent him back.
And of course, the whole intro from season 1 to 4 declares Jack 'UNDOING THE EVIL THAT IS AKU'
Unless you're fucking retarded like everyone else in this thread.

I would bet you the nature of the time travel in samurai jack ignores the butterfly effect and everyone in the future will still be born anyway, with exceptions for direct consequences like if aku was your dad or something.

Gendy will almost certainly address this in an interview at some point.

Multiple timeline theory is never established, that's what I'm saying.

You were talking about a theoretical timeline existing if Jack defeated aku the first time which did not exist until he went back to the past and finished him off.

The only lives worth contemplating about are from the timeline that he was flung into.

>Only if they're integral to the decisions of the plot. You can very well have a shock ending with time travel reveals.

I agree, that's all well and good, but you can't start making assumptions about things the show never states, like "They exist. They just don't have to deal with Aku or Jack."