THE FLASH POST SEASON 3 FINALE THREAD

Press F for H.R.

So is Wally going to take up the mantle, or will he remain Kid Flash?

How many people would actually watch this show with this Wally as the lead? The actor is a total dud.

Talkback thread:

No telling. Perhaps he could be taking a few acting lessons in the meantime.

Barry will be back right guys?
I refuse to watch a live action Wally West that isn't ginger.

>Barritar and Abra Kadabra hype up Devoe, specifically being Barry's enemy

yeah, Barry is coming back. Even if he's not "back" back, he'll still be there with flashbacks, et al.

IIRC, Didn't Ollie ""die"" in S3 of Arrow for a little bit but still appear? Same thing here.

They dont have the balls

He better be, or I might have to drop the show. The guy playing Wally is alright, but definitely not strong enough to lead the show and I've never been a huge fan of Wally to begin with. Always preferred Barry as the Flash.

Barry is coming back.

Remember when Savitar talked about facing a future enemy? That already tells you that Barry's not gone forever.

I'm thinking that there may be one or two episodes in Season 4 without Barry. He'll definitely return.

Also, just realized no Jesse Quick in the finale, even though Harry was there...

They'll probably have Wally be The Flash for the time between this episode and the S4 premiere, and Ep2 will be Barry coming back for good or something. They did it with Wellsobard, they did it with Flashpoint, they'll do it with Wally West.

I have come here to shitpost about the ending and season 3

To be fair HR was great and Wally was alright too

I think I'm gonna drop the show after this. The whole season has been very underwhelming, and the finale completely stunk. I'll probably stick around to see what they do with the whole "Barry is gone" thing, but I don't expect the quality of writing to instantly get better.

Imo, they need to start bringing back what made Flash Season 1 so goddamn fun in the first place:

>The Rogues
>Introducing Metahumans from the DC Universe
>Flash doing cool shit with his powers
>More lighthearted adventures, less drama

This season just dragged on and on, with no payoff at the end. By far the best episode was Episode 22, because it was FUN. That's what Flash should be. It should be fucking fun. It should be him fighting villains every week, with their personalities bouncing off each other, and Barry learning cool new ways to use his powers to take down the bad guys. For season 3, I hardly remember any villains besides Savitar, because they were all so fucking boring.

So who is going to be a time remnant next season?

The Rogues are never gonna happen, Snart is dead and Heatwave is a good guy and permanent cast member of LoT. Weather Wizard has had two different versions. They fucked up Mirror Master already. That dream is dead user.

I think I'll wait around to see how Barry ruins the timeline again, and what the next Wells is.

It's gonna be just like the two previous season finales: crazy mindblowing shit happens and we're left with a massive cliffhanger. New season starts, crisis solved within the first episode but the consequences will have an effect on the new season's plot.
So no, Wally won't be The Flash beyond the season premiere.
I'm honestly more excited to know if they'll get a new Wells or if Harry is coming back to Team Flash permanenlty.

just take earth-3 heatwave and earth-4 captain cold

I seriously feel like at this point that we're gonna need a version of the Rogues from an alternate universe in order for it to work.

I seriously don't even know how they're ever gonna come together. As you said, Heatwave is a good guy, Snart is dead and Mirror master's more likely to stay with his hoe rather than working on a team.

I could see them putting together Weather Wizard and the Trickster with this alternate universe Snart, Heatwave, and Mirror Master if they all have the same goals to go after the Flash.

Honestly, it could work. I mean, in the comics themselves, there's been multiple versions of certain rogues.

Better be illiterate Cowboy Wells.

holy shit that was bad, it makes Supergirl look good

>tfw evil Barry has been done and now we can't have a Forever Evil inspired four show crossover event with Tom Welling as Ultraman

At this point we should just reboot the whole show in an alternate universe one where we get more Patty preferably

They could just go with wells as evil Johnny Quick

Arrowverse Rebirth with Batman, Earth-1 Superman and the Justice League when?

They could use that speedforce storm to set up Godspeed with Wally
And make him like comics Zoom

>tfw wanted an evil Barry from the future plotline since the first season but what they gave us was too rushed and poorly done with tons of wasted potential for fleshing it out properly

What happened this time? I haven't been keeping up. Did Barry get speed forced again?

Gotham crossover when?

Johnny Quick is not literally evil Barry, he's just an evil speedster, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the secret big bad of season 4 seeing as this show's writers can't seem to come up with a big bad that isn't a speedster.

because everyone would complain about another speedster big bad

It's the only thing they can do, we'll never have a Rogues season dude

Jesse is on Earth 3, Jay's Earth.

Though now she can go home.

Anyone has a link to the episode?

Do any of you realise
THAT. WAS. THE. CRISES?

Really? Kill Black Flash?

>Flash Vanishes in Crisis!
>by Iris West-Allen
>crazy colorful lightning storms
OH FUCK

>Flash vanishes in Crises by Iris West-Allen
No... shut up.

Just realized they have the BEST chance to make a Return of Barry Allen arc at the start of the season with Wally and Thawne, something simple, like 3 episodes

>Always preferred Barry as the Flash.
Fuck off, Van Sciver. You piece of shit.

Nah, the article was about a fight against Thawne

>Inexperienced season 1 Barry feels a bullet hitting the back of his head and moves it
>Godlike centuries old Barry gets merked by fucking Iris

>Inexperienced season 1 Barry feels a bullet hitting the back of his head and moves it
did this actually happen? I can't remember

He was reaching for the bullet before it hit him. He was able to go fast enough to stop a speeding bullet from fully penetrating his skull.

they wouldnt..
th-they didnt...
they did. didnt they?

>The Flash will go on without the Flash
TOP KEK
they'll probably bring him back next season, this is just shock factor to hook the audience in. The laziest form of building tension.

Harry is back. Barry asked him to stick around.

Plot contrivance to wrap everything up neatly

So what do you guys rate this season?

From 0-10, what rating do you give it?

For me, it gets a 5/10. It wasn't that bad, but man, it could've been better.

4/10

I'm actually expecting the Flash movie to be better than this shit now, even with all the directorial fuck ups

Damn would be too good of a story to actually happen and be done well

This
Also the article was from 2024

7/10. I didn't hate it like a lot of you and Flash is still the best DC show but it definitely dropped the ball in spots. Savitar just really needed a lot more time and backstory, revealing his identity 4 episodes before the end was a poor choice. There was a filler problem overall too. Oh, and fuck that """""crossover""""" from back in December. What a fucking lie that shit pile was. Can't believe I suffered through an episode of Supergirl and Arrow for it. I'm definitely not going to forgive and forget that sham.

Just do Blacksmith's Rogues.

>Swap Murmur for Top
>Swap Girder for another strong guy like Blockbuster
>Maybe swap Magenta for Peak-a-Boo since CW's Magenta is a nice person.
>Throw in Rainbow Raider and the Mist.

Is this finale the most plotholes/writing contrivances that an Arrowverse show ever had?

The S2 finale was literally Zoom trying to kick off Crisis on Infinite Earths and featured red skies. No, you numbskull, it was not, read the future newspaper.

Not really.

If Wally is the new Flash (for 1-2 episodes before Barry comes back) I hope he at least uses his Rebirth costume. Anyway I'd give this Season overall a 6.5/10. Worst Season of the Flash by a good margin but still fun to watch, I hope Season 4 comes back strong and doesn't pull an Arrow. Finale wise I'd say I like this one much more than Season 2's but much less than Season 1's

arrow has been better than flash this season and season 4 agents of shield is GOAT.
did i step into an altnerate earth?

Arrow season 4 completely glossing over and ignoring the fact that Felicity nuked a town and killed 50,000+ people is far, far worse. In fact, all of season 3 and season 4 of Arrow are far more guilty of that than any episode of Flash.

I doubt it they're super cheap with those speedster costumes

Who will Iris' new boyfriend that she'll inevitably be dating when Barry comes back be

her other brother

A felicityfag with a terrible opinion, how rare

>Arrow has been better than Flash

No it hasn't, stop spreading this lie Tumblr. That show is irredeemable, unwatchable cancer.

>Evil Barry realizes that Barry will become Savitar if he kills him
>"HAHAHA KILL ME THEN YOU'LL BECOME ME AND I WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST"
>"wtf you didn't kill me"
Is Evil Barry retarded?

DeVoe in disguise as (insert comic book hero's name here)

>tfw I already have a season 4 mapped out in my head

Let's see how close I get to what they come up with.

Why would Barry become evil by killing his evil future time remnant anyway? Makes no sense.

Can't speak for Arrow since I stopped watching after S3 and Supergirl only the first 2 episodes this season were worthwhile, but fuck you for like Agents of Shit show dropped the ball way too early and tried to recover with a garbage tier ghost rider

"Cliff" (AKA Clifford DeVoe)

becus he'd be a killer and that's bad! (forget all those earth 2 rogue barry has already killed)

Post it so we can screencap it for future praise/mockery.

>Worst Season of the Flash by a good margin
Hell no, it was miles above season 2. But 6.5/10 is accurate. Season 2 was more of a 3/10

I've got it, you guys.

>Season 4
>Villains realize Barry is gone and get ballsy enough to commit crimes more frequently
>Even with the help of Star Labs and Jesse Quick, Wally's too inexperienced to handle Barry's villains effectively
>Public perception of the rookie speedsters plummets
>Jay helps out by training Wally & Jesse to git gud
>The rookie speedsters improve but can't help but flirt in the field, which serves as a distraction that nearly costs a citizen his/her life
>This prompts Jesse to reluctantly end her romantic relationship with Wally, so the duo can fight crime more efficiently (per CW's mandatory drama)
>The duo are now more efficient in the field but grow cold and distant
>Cue pep talks from the supporting cast about love, fighting crime, and sacrifice for several episodes (CW mandatory drama)
>Jesse decides to rekindle her romance with Wally, but on her way to tell him, she's blindsided and kidnapped
>The Flash goes on break for 2 weeks

The new Wells

The only way I'll forgive the ending is if the reason the Speed Force was so upset about not having a speedster trapped because it needed one (specifically it'll turn out to be Barry) to later become the lightning that gives Barry speed, and it was destroying central city because Barry is so crucial to the Speed Force and history that without him making himself the Flash all the multiverse falls apart

>It's revealed next episode that one of the villains whose plans the duo foiled has put a bounty on the speedsters' heads
>Jesse's captor is none other than Deathstroke, who's escaped from his Wednesday night prison
>The world's deadliest assassin and occasional pedophile couldn't pass up the chance to prey on young Jesse
>Using whatever bullshit tech he's armed with, Slade steals Jesse's speed and spends the next several episodes taunting Team Flash with claims that he's slowly molding the captive Jesse into his sidekick
>Cucked and outmatched, Wally lashes out at his friends and wallows in self-pity (CW's mandatory drama)
>Dick-Wells is fed up with Wally's shit and decides to go after Speedstroke solo because he's crazy but also a dad in a CW show
>The rest of the supporting cast gives Wally a pep talk, topped off by an appearance from Oliver, who's been called in to help save Jesse and her suicidal father
>The Flash is once again on break for 2 weeks but the preview shows that Wally is out of his funk and will throwdown with Speedstroke in a Flash/Arrow crossover
>Come the finale, Team Flash & Oliver defeat Speedstroke and return Jesse's powers, but not before Speedstroke kills someone on the team because it's a Flash finale

So is Iris Savitar now?

It's actually dumber that they had Barry just walk away.

Like the fuck is this supposed to be scary he literally can just turn around and bitchslap the guy. Why does this even matter he's literally on death's doorstep and he's going to not exist pretty soon.

I actually agree. I enjoyed season 2 when it was airing, but now I barely remember anything that happened in it except for the two part trip to Earth 2. Season 3 was already miles better because of HR and Barry and Iris finally being together.

Give me a second.

>Implying Barry won't be back after Episode 1 or 2

magnet?

The Thinker will be Wally. Screencap this.

>yfw CW-Barry becomes the lightning that gives DCU-Barry the Speed

Barry will return in the mid season finale of S4.

After having spent enough time to learn how the Speedforce works and banging his Speedmom, he comes out and goes back to when he started Flashpoint, but tells THAT Barry no, creating a ripple that revives Snart and Ras.

Ideally, at this point, Fox and WB work out a deal and we get a Rebirth Event that gives us Bruce, either on Earth-One or Earth-S, as well as Wonder Woman with Lucy Lawless as Hippolyta.

How do they work?

>Future Wally time remnant in a suit of goofy looking power armor

Season 2 had extreme highs and lows while Season 3 had more consistently decent quality (and HR+Malfoy). However Season 2's highs more than compensate for it's lows imo which put in above Season 3 in my book

Malfoy was a shit character

stay salty flashfags

That's nostalgia talking. I love patty but second half of season 2 was horrible

I got two words for you: Time remnants

Time Remnants! What a wonderful phrase
Time Remnants! Ain't no passing craze
It means no worries for the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy
Time Remnants!
Time Remnants?
Yeah. It's our motto!
What's a motto?
Nothing. What's a-motto with you?
Those two words will solve all your problems
That's right. Take Snart there
Why, when he was a Legend

When I was a Legend
Very nice
Thanks
He found heroism lacked a certain appeal
He could plan for everything he wanted to steal

I'm a sensitive soul though I seem cold-hearted
And it hurt that my crime-spree never started
And oh, the team
He was part of a team
Thought of changin' sides
What's in a side?
And then I got martyred

Time Remnants! What a wonderful phrase
Time Remnants! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy
Time Remnants!

>Barry gets dumber with age

That's the thing were not salty. Our show is still getting 1k plus threads and having multiple threads. Yours has a hard time hitting hundred posts, has felicity and gun psa episodes

>Barry, it's your mother.

I laughed harder than I should have.

oh fuck.

it won't happen but OH DAMN

Joe was just having I see dead white people moment