/writ/

How's that comic coming along Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

romanpen.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Slowly. Agonizingly slowly. Every page I write fills me with revulsion, and I end up editing it down to paragraph. Eventually I have enough paragraphs to form a page... which I toss out because I hate it.

10) Make idea
20) Agonize over story
30) Outline plot from beginning to end
40) Start making character sketches
50) Throw it out
60) goto 10

not even in the conceptual stage

my art chops got a long way to go

I'd be making better progress if I could stop getting boners all the time.

I started mine the other day, though without a rigid upload schedule or a complete story outline it probably won't be the most consistently updated comic.
it's also an su fan comic because I'm a talent-less hack fraud

I can't write dialogue for shit.

Maybe you could try conveying as much as you can through mannerisms and just keep dialog spare, unless that is simply impossible with your idea

Eh.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to storyboard this short 4 panel story better?

no matter what I do to move the plot along it always seems to boil down to gay snuff

About to finish up Volume 2. The kickstarter for a print edition of Volume 1 wrapped up recently. Doing pretty good, thanks!

Update

I'm kind of conflicted as to whether retain the screen side, or if I should value expression more than that.

I like the stand-offish vibe though, but I'm not the audience.

desu, i haven't even started on it much yet. I got one page finished and two characters designed. it's only supposed to be 6 chapters too.

I hate writing comic scripts. I wish I could draw so I could get my ideas to paper as purely as I picture them. As soon as I start putting scene, or action, descriptors to paper I'm pulled out of the whole thing and hate the whole project.

Its going alright, watching and waiting as my artist brings it to life.

It's actually a side project I did to get something out there. I wrote a comic to go along with my friend's game that hit steam a few months ago. My artist comrade is currently drawing and coloring it.

I can't draw, so they're not comics, they're just lengthy detailed hard-written scripts in My Documents > Projects > Comics forged from even more lengthy outlines forged from even more disarrayed and immense infodumps of plotting and imagination. And all of this creative output will amount to nothing because I don't have the good sense to just go take an art class or something at nights online or whatever.

This is the best one.
I thought about it, and he feels more like a character witnessing something horrific as opposed to a close-up.

You could stand to move the opening door farther to the right though, and close off the character more in the 3rd panel to induce a feeling of shock/horror.

Thanks man

It's not.
I'll find an artist to work with one day though.
Probably not today, probably not tomorrow, probably not within the next ten years.

But one day.

>I'll find an artist to work with one day though.
Where exactly?

I wish I knew.

You can try discords, internet forums, etc.
There are people on /ic/ that like to illustrate in their free time.

See if you can find people.

You just gotta ask around. There are a lot of people that like to work for free that are sub-standard just because they like to envision and create.

Bretty well. Recently got the first two finished pages of my latest Zarjaz strip from the artist and they look grand. Also got a Dogbreath strip about Durham Red all locked for publishing, gonna come out later in June/July. And a Nemesis the Warlock script already looking for an artist.
On the OC Donut Steel front, I'm working on turning a Star Wars fanfic idea I had years ago into an original thing. Still early ideas but it's coming up nicely I think. May try to start writing tomorrow or next week.

I've had trouble finding someone who would work for pay (very little pay, but pay) so I really can't imagine finding someone who'd do it for free.

Meh, just need to find an artist interested in the character and story. You wrote that shit for free and if they do the art for free you've both made an investment of time into a project in hopes there will be a monetary return, really neither of you are expecting not to get paid. Great artists will want to work with a great story and writer anyway. I'm not really a great artist or great writer I just doodle out Sunday-funnies tier shit but I'd imagine that a collision of congruent artistic minds basically takes initial money out of the equation on the mutual understanding that you both have confidence you can produce something which will return a monetary value on your time value you put in.

I don't really know how to properly demonstrate that outside of just writing a book basically and letting them read it to see if they like it.
But the issue is I don't enjoy writing books, I've tried several times, I tend to get about 10-15 pages in before realizing "Wow this is fucking awful, I don't even like reading books" and dropping it.

So I don't really know how to show an artist that they should take a chance and work with me.

I cant draw the images from my head

Started last week, and just settled on the base designs for some of my characters. I was also making a prologue but I scrapped it for being unnecessarily vague and mysterious.
Pic related is a slightly dated lineup of my main cast. I'm content with the designs for the most part, but some creative feedback is welcome.

Here's a pro-tip

Nobody can.
It's all skill on paper.

For a split second when I saw the thumbnail I thought it was the cast of The Weekenders

>David lamented to his teacher, "But
I can hear the music so much better in my head than I can get out of my fingers."
>To which the Master replied, "What makes you think that ever changes?"

My drawing is looking a little better everyday to the point where I can start making outlines

that's already one too many darkies

like this for now,

my stuff: romanpen.tumblr.com/

>come up with idea
>make lore
>make some background important characters
>make a few concept drawings
>realize my art is shit
>can't come up with an actual story
>give up and start again in a couple months
Pic related as idea I had.

Are you finished with those comics user?

i JUST stopped working on mine to go into Sup Forums just to be greeted with this, fuck you..

I wanna fuck every single female in that picture. So you are doing good so far.

I always stop at the drawing stage...
I hate my drawings so fucking much.
I don't understand how other people's do it...

There's tons of people that draw worse than me and put their art online. I know that if I really put my heart into it, I'm almost decent... But the pages never come out like I want them. I never produce anything that after a day I don't look at and immediately hate with all my heart.

I'm always stuck there, constantly getting better because I keep practicing, but never, never ever being satisfied wth how far I go.

well it's black canary being an amazing invitation to make babies

could be worse

>writing as a hobby

Do you enjoy bird watching too or are you just half a boring person?

Pretty good. Hired some great artists. I'm on the verge of a few deals with some traditional publishers. And I'm still maintaining my day job. All my cold-calling and networking have paid off. This might be my year.

At a glacial pace, that's how. I'm trying to write compressed stories so I have to plan evrry panel out, lest I have one that is there just taking up space.

Just put pen to paper