What was up with the delivery for the remake of this scene...

What was up with the delivery for the remake of this scene? Jack sounds less like a determined warrior and more like a little kid with a deep voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=fUjin3X9j1M

Sounds fine to me.
Stop complaining for the sake of complaining.

>Sounds fine to me.
Good for you.
>Stop complaining for the sake of complaining.
I'm not, I'm complaining because Phil's vocal delivery sounds off, at least in comparison to the original audio. It's jarring.

Didn't they reuse the audio? Why would they use Mako's voice but make Phil redo the scene?

>delivering the same lines 15 years later results in a slightly different intonation
Yes truly storytelling as we know it is dead and everything was better when you were still a kid.

They didn't reuse Mako's voice in this scene.

Nice hyperbole. All I'm saying is that the new audio sounds bizarre.

Yes because we sure need yet another thread to complain about Samurai Jack

They didn't reuse the audio. I thought they did when I watched it but it turns out that was really just Greg.

>Jack sounds less like a determined warrior and more like a little kid with a deep voice.
It actually makes him sound more innocent, which I think is appropriate considering how jaded and broken he ends up by season 5.

Idk about the delivery, but I much preferred the look of the original. Feels more like a moving painting compared to the season 5 version.

It seems like Phil was forcing the young voice just in case the audience was too stupid to realize this was young Jack.

Also man why the fuck did they remove the outline on his eyes, looks so much better with it

This just makes me remember how much I miss Mako.
Greg was good but he just doesn't compare

>Also man why the fuck did they remove the outline on his eyes, looks so much better with it

Probably so that it doesn't clash with the beard. Though, it clearly doesn't mesh too well with clean shaven Jack, just because he loses all his intensity.

not that guy but
anime does this all the time and they dont fuck up this bad

That's because you are a baka gaijin and can't tell the difference between deliveries.

it's a very odd choice when his eyes are literally the logo of the show

It's fine. I didn't notice the differences while watching the episode. I can spot them when both clips are placed side-by-side like that, but neither feels noticeably inferior; just slightly different. I don't see a problem.

Now that you mentioned the logo, I realized he never had the black outlines in that title card either.

Oh fuck off with that noise, Sup Forums has and always is a place about trying to look like less of a retard than the other person even if it means picking at straws to look like less of one.

>even if it means picking at straws
>posts a literal strawman

I like the new audio more.

Hmm...

"There is no future for you, Aku!" was delivered worse, but "What trickery is this?! Akuuu!" was delivered much better.