Detective Comics #957 Storytime

In which Wrath is the worst.

geddit
cause I put the spoiler over Wrath

Steph uses cockroaches now?

She basically is one.

beat me to the joke

Why is Steph so retarded?

Wrath? The Wrath whose criminal parents were killed by Gordon?

I like the idea of Steph just trolling bad guys and good guys, just wish she had a fun writer
Tynion is trash

So Sup Forums:
Is Stephanie a superhero or a supervillain?

Remember to like, comment and subscribe for more storytimes!

Support my Patreonnnnnnn

She's always been retarded.

Action Comics: Injustice: JLA: Hal Jordan/GLC: Support the ofuck it, I'm tired. G'night

No, the police and every witness will report that Wrath was taken down by an unknown masked vigilante. How stupid is she?

It's Cluemaster pretending to be Anarky!

You have a patreon?
She had a mental break after tim died because her mom left her after betraying her and her dad died after trying to kill her

Night brah

She can roach my cock, if you know what I mean.

>steph pregnant with anarky's son when tim inevitably returns

>Plays stealth games badly
As if there another reason to dislike her was needed.

>The belts on his suit form the A of Anarky
Those little details are what keeps me alive

Literally worst issue of Rebirth DC. Entire issue about SUPERHEROES ARE BAD BUT I'M SO SPECIAL I'M NOT LIKE THEM I'M NOT DOING MISTAKES LIKE BATMAN HE IS THE REASON OF ALL OF THIS
God fucking damnit, she is literally Harper Row-tier character now. Fucking trash. I tolerated Tynion for great Clayface, but this is just disgusting.

>Gotham doesn't need superheroes
>Goes out in costume to stop bad guys
I mean....I get that for some reason no one will report her existence but she was still the one to stop them.

Even if she makes the argument that Wrath wouldn't exist without Batman that still doesn't account for all the other villains whose origins have nothing to do with Batman.

It just seems like she's throwing a temper tantrum.

samefag

oh no, you got me.

I thought the same thing..

Oh God damn it Steph, this is utterly fucking retarded, Bruce needs to slap the shit outta you. I hope Tim comes back only to break up with you and then die right in front of you all over.

I hope not, pre flashpoint steph's baby was great because it made fun storylines and brought tim and steph closer. Doing the baby thing again with anarky will only be drama fuel

>A NEW way to
I love when writers with no self-awareness have a character act like the schlock they're penning is reinventing the wheel. Yeah, Tynion totally didn't get this fresh idea from TDK where Batman elects to avoid undermining the efficiency of Gotham's justice system by making Harvey DENT hero of Gotham.

What I hate though is when the idiotic premise of these shortsighted stories never face any comeuppance later on. In TDK we all know what playing hero cost. This is another extreme though, you know what would happen if the one thing keeping a crime ridden city's focus was blacked out? Every homicidal rapist thief on every corner would go out and get their jollies.

Steph can have her thrills beating up a few costumed idiots, LIKE EVERY OTHER VIGILANTE, but the rest of the city is now dealing with the search light that keeps crooks at bay being cut off. As once before, as right now, somewhere in Gotham a crook fearing no boogeyman got brave and a boy watched his parents hold bullets in their body like flesh magazines for some pearls, fortunately Harvey Bullock scourge of the underworld with not two but one face, a name and address any two bit hitman can visit after lunch is on the case!

Fuck's sake.

>NNAAH
Horrible onomatopoeia

So she has been pregnant??? Is that baby still canon or is other limbo kid as the twins of Wally, Lian of Roy/Cheshire, Conner and Bart???

can you imagine how stupid she's going to look/feel when tim shows up alive? woooo

no babby or pregnancy was mentioned in batman eternal, it's most likely retconned post-flashpoint

not as stupid as bruce, given that tim was the only one who never gave up looking for him when he "died"

God, Steph is garbage.

>I'm not a superhero anymore. That means I can do more

That doesn't make any goddamn sense

>Always storming in, stealing the show, no matter who gets hurt.
This isn't even close to remotely true

>I always wanted to be as good as him. Better than him. And now I am.
Fuck you

> yfw it's revealed this Anarky is the G3neral and he fucks Stephanie.

God this is so ridiculously stupid. She spends the entire time talking about how what Batman does is wrong and makes him complicit, and the she has some "better way." Except her brilliant idea is to stick to the shadows and take out the bad guys; that sure sounds familiar. BQM's Batgirl run made me love Steph as a character but Tynion is trying his damnedest to make me hate her. She continues to come off as not only an entitled brat, but a stupid one at that.

congrats steph, you just signed harvey's death warrant

she uses things that 'spoil' other things

Yeah, I don't mind this. 'if we do it stealthily enough and make sure nothing gets televised and the villain get blueballed then it takes all the fun and glory out of it, discouraging the trigger-happy geeks just in it for the thrill and the fame'

but at the same time...wouldn't it prove her point even more if she just straight up became a cop and used all that batman training from behind a badge? I guess that's what she means when she says she's cheating.

>'if we do it stealthily enough and make sure nothing gets televised and the villain get blueballed then it takes all the fun and glory out of it

Except this is exactly what Batman does if you ask anyone other than Tynion. Shit, his whole schtick is that he fights from the shadows

Batman beats named villains by punching them across the face in a well lit room way more often than he beats them without their even realizing who's there

How many examples can you actually provide where Batman denies the villain of the story the mano e mano brawl they want from him without them so much as seeing him? writers aren't going to write that because its too anti-climactic for a character as big a deal as batman

No, n52 Wrath, whose father was killed by a random corrupt cop. Gordon helped bust those cops.

Speaking of steph, did they ever explain who the first victim was? Or did it get a hand-wave?

Well, she's still 17. She did dress up as a cop, and got hit on by a creepy cop, in Batgirl #47, so I dunno that she'd really want to do that as a life plan.

But I think your summary of Steph's plan is solid.

No, Tynion knows that. He's not saying Steph is right - he's just showing us her perspective. I think the way her first line is the same as Wrath's first line shows clearly that she's not supposed to be the "true" perspective. But still, I find her very sympathetic.

I think it's clear that she's a superhero. It's not the first time heroes have been at odds - it practically defines Huntress in the pre-Flashpoint continuity.

i bet tim drakes gonna be so disappointed when he returns and sees steph doing this. breakup incoming

>Well, she's still 17
?

Why question mark?

Hand wave for another arc.

Jesus Steph just fucking kill yourself you whiny twat.

>I'm helping people by making it so it takes more time for the police to contact Batman when shit goes down

oh cool wrath's back, maybe this wont be total shit

>Plays superhero to make a point about how people don't need superheroes
I really really really can't stress enough how much I hate Stephanie in this book.

And she's creating a false sense of security, hurrah for that dumb bitch.

the fuck is this?

You know, if she wanted to show that Gotham doesn't need superheroes, shouldn't she have just enrolled at police academy and joined the force?

17 year olds aren't allowed to join the academy.

Can Stephanie just die already?

She is the worst. And this new crusade to be better than Batman while being sanctimonious as fuck, and doing the exact same shit Batman does, is annoying as fuck

Like wasn't Batman and co captured by the League an issue ago with shit about to blow up? Why are they wasting time on this wonky bitch?

Then just live a normal life until she can, do community work, other normal ways to help people instead of this asinine shit.

>Like wasn't Batman and co captured by the League an issue ago with shit about to blow up?
That arc was resolved last issue actually.

I mean, if you don't get where she's coming from, you don't, but I think her arc makes sense. She's inconsistent and wrong in her argument, but for reasons that make sense.

Oh, that's right.

I guess Stephanie being annoying as fuck just tried to get me to find an alternate story for them.

God, I think I'm going to drop this book.

It is just not interesting enough to keep reading

Yeah she is acting like a retarded person who doesn't know how to cope with grief. It makes sense, which is why I want to bash her brains in from reading her idiotic internal monologue.

wow, what horrid garbage that was, cant believe i was somewhat excited.

Fucking horrible Anarky redesign.

Well this issue made me go from wanting Tynion to just end her childish temper tantrum quickly to wanting to see her die. Was it intentional or not? Part of me says yes but then again this is the same Tynion that wrote Batman and Robin Eternal.

> i know you're capable of better than this
awkward phrasing. shit writing. shit character. why is tynion garbage and why does this book feel like the shittiest bat title?

>bad cop
no donut.

I wouldn't put it past steph being uneducated

I still can't believe The Batman's greatest legacy was giving an obscure villain a sidekick.

Jesus, Steph.

She is a dumb fuck. Where is Black Mask to torture her to death again?

>your house is on fire
>Spoiler cuts your phone cord and blocks cell signals to your house
>"I'm doing more to help you because now YOU have to stop the fire."
She just a Villain.

Did you even read the story, user? Steph stopped the villain, she didn't just cut the brakes and bail.

Oh goodie, I can't wait to see how Tynion will fuck up Anarky too.

Fuck you Tynion

Steph has always been annoying. Her Batgirl run made me like her because she just needed some guidance and Babs being her mentor gave her that. She is back in being a dumb screw up.

Pretty damn stupid it seems. Only way it makes sense if it's attributed to her having some kind of mental breakdown.

Well, she did make a Mud Room Tim to talk to after he died...

Well, he's a single-issue threat, so eh.

Yes, that was what I was referring. But Steph doesn't just bust the Bat Signal and leave, she only busts the Bat Signal when she has a plan to take down the threat of the night.

Thanks.

Stephanie is annoying the dickens out of me.