Wonder Woman #23 Storytime

The Truth part five!

Sharp's art looks a million times better when not colored by Laura Martin.

>Every new issue storytime gets less and less replies
>It represents the ever lowering quality of the book.

Is this Amazonia pottery?

This the final Rucka issue?

Looks like it. Although I still don't understand how the whole ''Azz/Finch run was just a dream!'' works.

25 is Rucka's last issue

Now I'm picturing two scrawny emo dudes filling out that huge fuckoff Fist of the North Star bad guy armor, one standing on the other's shoulders.

GAAAAAAYYYYYY

A woman ravaging a tied up man with a giant strap on while his twin brother watched isn't gay, user.

Using the first one's cum as lube when she fucks the second one might be slightly gay.

Next:
>“Godwatch” epilogue! With Godwatch’s purpose fulfilled, Diana and Cale are forced to confront the choices of the past…and a new direction for the future.

Then:
>Writer Greg Rucka weaves together the threads of “The Lies,” “Year One,” “The Truth,” and “Godwatch”—every story in WONDER WOMAN since the start of the DC Universe Rebirth era—in this extra-sized anniversary issue!

Rucka's last issue.

I see the ghost of Dillon did a quick possession when the artist did those faces. Based Steve delivering from beyond.

I still think Azz Ares > Rucka Ares, but I really like this one as well

such a great scene

overall a great ending to a slow as fuck run, hope the next two issues don't fuck it

The end

Story seems wrapped up for the most part, guessing the next issue sets up the next stories for Cale and the rest of the villains and 25 will finally have WW vision the island somehow plus show Cheetah remain a villain.

>Love is the answer
this is literally what Azz did in his run. What the fucking fuck

So now Paradise Island and the amazons were created sorely to guard Ares.

Don't know how to feel about it, specially now that Ares is a good boy that doesn't want to escape or do bad.

Wasn't there a similar story to this about Circe's daughter being stuck on Themyscara with the Amazons.
God dammit Ruck stop recycling old shit.

Okay, okay. I hated Wondy's run so far, hated it.
But this was a good chapter.

so, uh..
are we going to talk about that giant uterus they're stroking on this cover or...?

>stop recycling old shit.
But... this is Rebirth...

Yeah it's kind of weird to not have Ares involved in the two world wars. He'd have loved that shit.

Or him as a recurring villain.

>Ares is a good God, he didndu nuffin'

Oh wow, yet another anti-climax from Rucka.

not gonna lie, I'm actually looking forward to shea fontana...

Wow this was actually almost worth the excruciating pace and weird reshuffling of classic characters. This felt like a real Wonder Woman issue. Maybe now we can get to Wonder Woman villains that aren't related to Greek gods?

>He's a Greek god, Isadore! Their track record with young women isn't exactly progressive.

This is why Snyder making the Amazons Zeus's creations/cheerleaders baffles me.

The pacing of this issue felt weird to me but I really enjoyed the themes. I think it'll read a lot better read all at once, like most of Rucka's stuff because of decompression.

Let's read the rest of this arc.

Azzarello backed it up with nothing. He just had Diana say "I love everyone" despite her character not reflecting that at all.

OTP

I like the contrast between man's world and Themyscira's lighting/colors, and how the tree has the same colors as man's world.

Texan waifu

Oh shit, I hadn't noticed this was Far Rockaway, where my grandfather grew up.

Love this page.

I hope someone else uses this Poison and makes her her usually bonkers self later

Ferdie!

This is such a great cover.

Nice try Perezfag. Can't wait for this shitty WW to be wiped away!

Castalia is bizarrely similar to a Byrne Amazon named Magala.

Magala was supposed to be that cavewoman who you always see getting killed at the start of Wonder Woman origins. Magala, being an early human, was pretty ugly so she isolated herself and devoted herself to the mystic and arcane arts as well as technology.

Byrne however missed the point that was repeated over and over that the cavewoman in those origin stories was reborn as Hippolyta.

I remember when Sup Forums loved Io.

This reminds me of that thread where someone shittily drew the "OK" hand gesture.

>this isn't Diana's obligatory transformation sequence

I never knew I wanted this until now

Great page.

Diana was made "goddess of truth" near the end of Byrne's run because he was out of ideas. This was undone in the first issue of the subsequent Eric Luke run.

They brought it back after Infinite Crisis!

It currently isn't used because Diana doesn't have a secret identity.

Ferdinand was another fan-favorite character from Rucka's first run, Diana's chef at the Themysciran embassy.

Cheeky.

I'm sad Legend of Wonder Woman was cancelled because it was probably gonna bring back the Priscilla Rich version of Cheetah, hopefully complete with monkey henchmen.

>ywn have a cuddly minotaur friend

Guy in the bottom left:
>lol wtf im high as shit

Diana such a cute

Such a cool Poison design wasted on not muh poison

AWWW

Sounds like my cats

So how did Rucka explain WW's continuity fuck up from the rebirth issue?

I want posters of her covers

Not sure why they renamed Cale-Anderson to Empire.

Which fuck up, exactly?