Would your kid self have enjoyed the current line-up of cartoons and comics?

Would your kid self have enjoyed the current line-up of cartoons and comics?

yes

Nah, they are soulless liberal propaganda machines. Even I knew what was and wasn't back in the day.

>Show kid-me the modern cartoons and comics
>He looks at me as if I'm the bringer of the apocalypse

it depends, when i was like 12-13 i wouldnt watch any cartoons
now im the opposite
I can imagin i wouldve liked gumball, clarance and AT

He'd like Gumball

Well i watched fucking street sharks so I'm sure kid me will watch anything

A few of them but probably not most. I know I'd have hated TTG being spammed on Cartoon Network all the time.

Probably not, I liked action cartoons and I didn't read comics that much.

Cartoons, probably not. Especially South Park, considering when i was a kid was when it was reaching it's prime.

Comics i didn't get much exposure to as a kid, so he'd probably love Rebirth since it's a jumping off platform.

Nope, he would have love the access to all the anime, games and hentai online.
Adult me does it too.

>Introducing your younger self to that shit
It's like you WANT to be a cringy weeaboo that confesses his love to a girl in an anime-like manner.

Kid-me's reaction from left to right:

>"I feel bad for not liking Batman: TAS now."

>"Why is every other word that comes out of everybody's mouth complete gibberish?"

>"This is boring! I thought they were superheroes! What is this teen drama shit?"

>"Kill it!"

>"Why is the green ninja such a wiener?"

>"Why is the fish his brother?"

>"This looks stupid."

>"Who makes such retarded ass swords?"

>"HOLY SHIT THEY REFERENCED TRANSFORMERS!"

>"What do you mean this is also a Lego thing?"

>i actually watched anime when i was a kid
>Osamu tesuka´s Jet mars and Don Dracula
>mfw hamburguers are protective of their own shit like confederates against niggers
I´m so glad i´m not murrican

This is kind of a weird question since if I was a kid growing up in this era of cartoons, I probably wouldn't know the difference and think everything right now was 'fine'.

I think that if there was able to be a comparison, my kid self in this era would have enjoyed these current cartoons enough, but would have quickly grown out of them like you're "supposed" to. There aren't many good shows around these days with solid hooks and great writing to keep you wanting more at the end of each week, and action cartoons are all but dead. "stupid" shows like Spongebob and Ed Edd and Eddy were always annoying to me as a kid, and my favorite shows growing up were always the ones with clear overarching plots that made headway through a story. Stuff like Adventure Time and SU would have just pissed me off since they stopped having adventures and fighting monsters halfway through, but I think I would have loved Korra, Young Justice, and PROBABLY Ultimate Spiderman.

In the end if I would have just gotten into anime much sooner.

when we're kids, we don't know what's good or bad.

Sadly, yes. I know people here like to act as if the cartoons of their childhood were the pinnacle of animation, but it's pretty safe to assume most of us watched a lot of shit.

Probably not, I know that my kid self hated most.of the original Nick Lineup, I only watched because there was nothing else worth watching.

Thinking back, I tended to like things that were in some way fantasy/historical/sci-fi (as I still do actually). I liked stuff like Reboot, Gargoyles and Albert the 5th Musketeer. I watched Gadget Boy for Spydra alone, waifufaggotry is clearly in my blood.

Out of today's cartoons kid me would definitely enjoy:
>Star Wars Rebels
>Adventure Time
>Legend Quest
>Gravity Falls (if that counts as it's no longer airing)
Maybe SU and Star, but I imagine I'd have thought they were a bit girly. I'd probably have watched them with my sister but pretended not to like them.

I didn't have many options growing up where I was, only a couple channels were showing cartoons, and only a handful of cape comics were published, so I just ate up whatever I could find, from Dora the Explorer and Sailor Moon to Batman Beyond and Spawn.

Judging by the fact that we have Camp Lazlo nostalgia threads, I'd say everyone in this thread is going to give their kid self too much credit.

Me? I know I consumed basically everything. I was a total couch potato, so yeah I'd do it again and I'd love it.

That doesn't mean you didn't have dislikes as a kid.

I disliked Ren & Stimpy, Cow & Chicken, Rugrats, and action cartoons.

>more girls characters
>more pretty visuals
>still plenty of gross out humor
Kid me would love it.

during 2010 absolutelly, from AT to marvel to kung fu panda.

Current cartoons? i definetelly would feel something odd in the ambience but would still watch SU and Star vs Pragmatism and getting excited at all the seasons finales.

I still would think SJ ending was shit though.

Fuck no.
Kid me grew up on DBZ, Gundam, Megas and DCAU cartoons.

>more pretty visuals
Really? I can think of WAY more cartoons that are "We're ugly and we're proud!". Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, Billy Dilley, Pickle & Peanut, Regular Show, Ben 10, Be Cool Scooby Doo, Right Now Kapow, Two More Eggs.

He might hate most of the cartoons and call them Baby Stuff. He might unironically like SU and show like that in some pathetic attempt to look mature.

Then he would masturbate to them, but that's something I still do.

Ren & Stimpy and the all shows trying to imitate it outnumber those.

Honestly the prettiest shows I can even remember watching as a kid was Power Puff Girls and Courage the Cowardly Dog. Everything else was klasky csupo and Ren & Stimpy clones. Not that there was anything wrong with that, Rugrats was my favorite show and I loved Cow & Chicken.

Comics yes, cartoons definitely not. Kid me would be wondering why there aren't any action cartoons, why they don't show cartoons on Saturday morning anymore, etc.

I would only hate Steven Universe because it would be so boring, plus Fox Box and what ever ABC introduced me to anime anyway so I would already know it would be cooler, everything else is fine
Also the Loud House Sisters would already be my waifu

Jokes on you I liked My Gym Partners a monkey as a kid.

>no more weekday morning cartoons
>eyes widen
>no more after school blocks
>tears welling up
>no more saturday morning
>shakes furiously
>internet

Hehe, boobs.