Did Watchmen have a negative impact on the comic book industry?

Did Watchmen have a negative impact on the comic book industry?

The Dark Knight returns had a bigger role to play in the edgy age of comics

i don't care, I love it

who cares if it spawned edgy/deconstructionist attempts by fags without a sliver of writing talent.

Not at all.

No, maybe on manga/anime, not on Western comics.

The Killing Joke was the real problem.

mu

>The Killing Joke was the real problem.

Yeah Moore even says he regrets writing it because it spawned all the grimdark edgelord comics
which is why he stopped writing grimdark edgelord comics....oh wait

>Did Don Quixote have a negative impact on literature?
>Did Picasso have a negative impact on art?
>Did Citizen Kane have a negative impact on film
>Did the Beatles have a negative impact on pop music?

We live in a post-Watchmen comic book world. It is essentially impossible to speculate how a non-Watchmen world would have evolved and if it would have turned out "better" or "worse"

But the edgy era was pretty cool.
it started to become shit when it was race-mixed with japanese stuff during the 2000's with a lot of overexaggeration.

He said the same thing for the Watchmen. Must be some kind of mental disorder where you always regret creating something....
Or not taking money you are rightfully entitled to because of autism

>actually, its about ethics in comic book industry :^)

because it was a meme comic taylor made for reddit

both positive and negative, it cant be helped when you release something new.

Im glad watchmen happened.

>Did Don Quixote have a negative impact on literature?
No.
>Did Picasso have a negative impact on art?
Yes.
>Did Citizen Kane have a negative impact on film
No.
>Did the Beatles have a negative impact on pop music?
Yes.

The Beatles on their first years were basically the baby boomer version of Justin Bieber, but it's like nobody can't says it just because it's old, british, influent, and baby boomers believe they are better than anybody, constantly talking shit about former and future generations's tastes.

No.

No.

The comic you're looking for is Death of Superman. You're welcome.

>>Did Picasso have a negative impact on art?
>Yes.

>>Did the Beatles have a negative impact on pop music?
>Yes.

Please elaborate.

>first years
key distinction, they would have been forgotten unless they evolved.

yes but even in their first years they were that phenomenon of "beatlemania" and i'm sorry but it was literally justin bieber tier.
they have more talents of course but just look at the lyrics of the songs, it's so superficial.

You literally could not be more 15

>but it's like nobody can't says it just because

That's literally babby's first Beatles criticism, everyone says it.

>Picasso
He's overrated. Cubism is not as influential as the other avant-garde movements of that era.
Also, the only reason he's famous is because of his connections.

>The Beatles
They are the greatest publicity stunt on the history of music.
Also, they aren't as influential as everyone says.

go an suck moore cock you nigger faggot

Isn't reddit obsessed with Rick and Morty? I doubt Watchmen is really their thing.

I would agree that Picasso was over rated but he really pushed art into new territory. After him people were doing all sorts of surrealism and doing stuff that purposefully did stuff to your brain if you looked at it. Over rated but very impactful

Beatles were just a boy band at first, and yes, crazed girls loved them. But they evolved to make very complex music, and Paul McCartney is NOT over rated.

>he really pushed art into new territory
He just copied Matisse.
I really like crystal cubism, but he wasn't pushing anything.

>they evolved to make very complex music
Like pop tunes with sitars?

>and Paul McCartney is NOT over rated
I agree, he's great.

Anything with violence (sexual or otherwise) is grimdark edgelord? Would you say something like From Hell is grimdark edgelord?
The problem is when it's used for shock value and nothing else, which is pretty much the case in Killing Joke, but not in most of all the rest of Moore's comics (I say most 'cause I haven't read them all so I couldn't be sure).

Yeah, Death of Superman probably did the most damage to long-standing comic book franchises by making death a non-factor.

The problem isn't with the comic. It's with the type of normies and intellectuals who decided to call it a graphic novel because they were embarrassed to say they read a comic book. The type of people who might have googled what silver age is but don't understand what it really means and so they think "the one thing that Snyder did right was actually taking that squid out".

The problem with Watchmen is, as fucking pretentious as it is to say, you simply cannot understand some of what moore was trying to lay out unless you've not only read the silver age but understand and accept it for what it was and what the intention of the publisher were.

The take-away wouldn't be that it's a simple deconstruction.

You can love sports and still laugh about how absurd it is billionaires pay children millions to play a sport for them and we make them more billions by going. Or that we compare stats of different eras in which the requirements and norms were much different to be great. I love sports, nearly every one, but they're very easy to "deconstruct" in much the same way Moore "deconstructed" cape comics.