Axel Alonso

Is he to blame for why marvel comics is such shit? How can we get marvel comics to the way they were between 2000-2010? It seems they shifted to making comics towards preteens and teens. Where does that leave me who's been invested over 20 years following the storylines of these characters growing and evolve, now sidelined and having to see just a bunch of teenage heroes replacing the ones I've grown old with?
I could understand a new generation of heroes, but at least make it natural.
Take X-Men for instance, if they wanted teenage heroes why not use Hope, x-23, QQ, cockoos and the countless characters they had in the 2000's slowing take leadership roles? Did they really have to bring the o5 teens from the past? It's just patronizing me.
Not only that but villains... Why does there seem to be a lack of creativity with villains these days? Rather than develop a long lasting villain that you grow to hate and love like Doom they keep rehashing old villains over and over again? Not only that but it's seems our heroes are spending more time being villains towards each other than being heroes for us.
Marvel would be much better off if they stopped doing crossovers and events and focused on developing long term storylines and characters... is there a way we can change this? Can we write to this fool and let him know that we who've been reading their content and supporting their company for years now feel as if they've abandoned us?
Or am I alone here? I used to buy my floppies every Wednesday but at around 2012ish I started settling for Sup Forums storytimes because I can't justify supporting this garbage. Now I'm starting to even ignore Sup Forums storytimes because it's just saddening now.

as a whole marvel was pretty shit in the 2000s as well my man

Speaking of Hope, why can't we get her back? She was pretty awesome. I would have liked to see a Hope & X-23 team up comic.
I don't find calling Laura wolverine natural either. Can we have X23 back too?

Axel is just a symptom of a bigger disease. He's one hell of a political animal. The man is on record saying he dislikes the X-men, so his perfect job was certainly head of the X-Men editorial office. Kind of boss actually.

I had good times in the 2000's I felt comfy there. But either way I think we can all agree that 2010's are garbage.

Why would you destroy probably your best selling franchise?

Hope just showed up in Jean Grey. They murdered an antire town worth of people.

>Is he to blame for why marvel comics is such shit?

He's just a brainless company man.

Most of the problems you're citing have been around for years and years.

I was just about to read that story time. Thanks my man.

>How can we get marvel comics to the way they were between 2000-2010?
Same method as always
Rip off DC

So how do we fix this? Is there anything we can do?

The general idea at the time was that, the things that were working were the thins that completely played against "traditional" comic type. You had Bendis on New Avengers + Ultimates selling like gangbusters. Bringing in the Vertigo guy who didn't even like the concepts would certainly shake everything up.

The company was bought by Disney, turned into an Intellectual Property farm. That is all it is.

>if they wanted teenage heroes why not use Hope, x-23, QQ, cockoos and the countless characters they had in the 2000's slowing take leadership roles?

This would be nice.

Outsource the comics to another publisher. DC, Dark Horse, Valiant...

(((Alonso)))
Really gets those froots 'a loopin'.

I wouldn't say he's brainless. He's most certainly a company man. Do you realize how hard it is to get that "assistant" or "associate" in front of the word "editor" out of the way. Look at the turnover rate or conversely the people stuck at that position. That dude worked his way to the top.

>Is there anything we can do?
No. Marvel has always been a corporation of greedy pigheads who never admit their faults or wrongdoings.

>This x100
I remeber when they took over and the speech about how hands off they would be. Then the purges in editorial came a year later

Idiot, the purges in editorial was done by the guy who was running Marvel long before the Disney buyout. He was doing exactly the same thing he did in the 90's when he took over a bankrupt Marvel and fired a lot of people..

It's her! It's her! right here! she's been at marvel for the last 7 years. she's been running the show for the past 2 years.

she will take over axel's job soon. buckle up, boyz.

bamp

>she will take over axel's job soon. buckle up, boyz.

I can see the sales blowing up when she takes over.

>blowing up
I can see the company blowing up... M and Kamala walks in with suicide vests. Can we get a draw fag on this?

Hope was mostly pushed by Nick Lowe, the former editor of the X-books who is now editing Spider-Man. Mark Panaccia who replaced him doesn't seem to have all that much interest in the character.

Even if she was just a plot device she was actually turned out to be a pretty decent character.

>It seems they shifted to making comics towards preteens and teens.

I think this probably has to do with the idea that the "traditional" comic reader is middle aged or older so it's important to reach out to young people and get them into the hobby. I don't know how successful it is, but it's not an entirely misguided strategy.

Don't buy their comics and let it be known why you stopped buying.

>Why does there seem to be a lack of creativity with villains these days? Rather than develop a long lasting villain that you grow to hate and love like Doom they keep rehashing old villains over and over again?

Because comic creators are now more reluctant to create for Marvel because they don't share in all the benefits. On top of that characters are used a lot probably because there's some kind of plan for them to show up in movies or something.

It'll be all the same positive PR from the same ones grilling them right now.

X-Men hadn't been the top-selling franchise since long before Alonso was in charge. The Ultimate line overtook it in the early 2000s, then it was the Avengers books around the start of New Avengers and Civil War. These days, Star Wars is Marvel's top franchise.

Marvel had spent around a decade publishing more X-Men books than there was still a market for, and now they seem to be doing that all over again.

So I guess the solution is to move Hope over to the Spider-Man side