Remember when Shaggy travelled to the past, became a jedi, and got killed by general Grievous?

Remember when Shaggy travelled to the past, became a jedi, and got killed by general Grievous?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sha'a_Gi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do, it was the coolest Grievous ever was.

Alternate Shaggy

>Clone Wars cartoon
>Grievous is fucking awesome but he gets his heart force crushed by Windu
>It leads into ep 3 perfectly and makes sense

>Clone Wars CGI cartoon
>Grievous is no longer awesome because I don't know why?
>retcons out the wazoo because muh legends
>fuck you

Remember when Genndy was good?

It baffles me they did a second clone wars cartoon rather than cover the bigger timegap of episode 1 to episode 2.

>Hey! Hey! Stop looking at Grievous and look at Ahsoka! STOP ASKING WHY IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AND LOOK AT ORANGE BUTT

This should have his angry eyebrows smile face he has when he karate kicks those guys.

The Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest series covered that pretty well.

My brother and I actually theorized it was the reverse of that; he survived the encounter with Grievous (you never see his body) and went into hiding on Earth.

>was

Samurai Jack season 5 was great, you're just butthurt it didn't go your way.

Fuck off, Genenedey Hacktavoskiskypolis sucks

The ending was rushed nonsense.

>never recovered from his fight with Grievous, always had issues with confrontations
Deepest lore.

I'm really glad I'm not sad enough to care about Star Wars canon and only watched Clone Wars for the orange butt cheeks.

>"Samurai Jack season 5 was great, UR JUST MAD"

>Heh I'm so cool, you're all just NERD LOSERS.
>He said while posting on Sup Forums.

It WAS a good butt

Everyone shut the fuck up. It's time for Grieve-tan.

Rated well and was generally well recieved by critics. A vast majority of people think it was good, user, both with and without a critical backgrounds.

Yeah, and that doesn't stop people from shitposting Kingsman when I post about it.

I have a dedicated folder for her post more

>If it's popular its good

Meanwhile there are peolpe shitting all over the ending from here, to Reddit and everywhere else now that the honeymoon phase is dying down.

The good thing about nu wars wasn't Ahsoka, but making twi'leks and humans be sexually compatible.

I love how indignant people get whenever people point out that something is popular. Yes, you fucking idiot, popularity is one of the most obvious fucking measures of whether something is widely considered to be good. You fucking moron. Sorry your shitty favorite thing didn't do well.

> Yes, you fucking idiot, popularity is one of the most obvious fucking measures of whether something is widely considered to be good.

I guess Twilight must be a fucking masterpiece to you then.

Popularity is how well you advertise. Quality has nothing on the matter.

Star wars is some pretty entry level nerd shit. It's an opera that just so happens to take place in space for ease of writing. Sci-fi settings are just really good for believably mishmashing tech levels.

It's the movie equivalent of throwing on a pair of thick rimmed glasses and calling yourself a nerd. Technically yes, it is a bit more nerdy than everything else you could fairly compare it to, but that's not saying much.

Turns out that some people just don't like operas.

He was almost killed because he ran towards the enemy.

Now he dedicates his life to doing the opposite.

GOTTA GET BACK
BACK TO THE PAST
THE JEDI SHAG

His jedi training explains how he can run so fast and dextrously while carrying a great dane. And how he can swooce right in.

It was good until CI
and most of that was passable except for the rubbish ending

>The Jedi Shag
> Not Jedi Knight Shag.

>xD but Twilight! Justin Bieber! STOP BULLYING ME WAAH!

Again, sorry your shitty favorite thing didn't do well.

He never made it to knight, he was a padawan.

Yeah but this guy (you?) is acting all high and mighty like nerd shit in general is beneath him. While. Posting. On. Fucking. Sup Forums.

>being this mad

>if everyone eats shit then shit is good

Wait, so you're telling me, hold up, wait, so you're telling me, wait, wait...

That Sup Forums and Reddit... Are shiting on something new and popular?

It had good appeal to the masses and apparamtly was complex and refined enough for critical audiences to enjoy it as well.

The fuck world do you live in where Twilight was popular? It had massive draw to a single market because it was basically a high production self insert fantasy for that target audience, but everyone else hated it and spent several years mocking it. Do you think popular means well-known?

Not in serial media, you retard. That's only for shit that has an opening/release weekend, like movie and games. Also Samurai Jack didn't have a huge advertising budget, they got some commercials and bumpers like just about every other show. It was word of mouth that did most of the work for them.

Who's the one wasting time shuffling through his reaction image folder for some shitty image nobody's gonna look at?

>Getting triggered by reaction images

Grievous was a mistake.

>Anakin chose Princess Plain over this Alien cutie
Man did he fuck up or what.

Nah, Padme was the only woman that would find his sand lines endearing.

'Widely considered to be good' does not equal 'quality' because 'quality' cannot be measured objectively whatsoever outside of purely technical things.

Except everybody won't eat shit, because shit tastes terrible. As one of the humans, I can use the experiences of other humans to judge the odds of me enjoying something or not.

This is why I have never eaten shit, never will eat shit, but am open to trying strange dishes from other cultures.

Christ, it's like teaching critical theory to someone who doesn't understand social norms or how signaling works. Like they have some sort of disease that makes it difficult for them.

You are absolutely correct, there is no objective good or bad in media outside of technical ability, which is only loosely related to the quality of the finished product.

That's why when discussing anything subjective ever, every single discipline uses a consensus of those educated in said discipline. A critical consensus, if you will.

Shaggyfag strikes again.

People have and do constantly shovel shit into their mouth because they see ads for it, they see other people do it, so why not do it?
Given how well you defend clone wars, it seems you enjoy your shit with a bean and corn mix.

Probably because the Clone Wars were an actual galaxy-spanning war, and thus had a lot more shit happening than during the gap between eps 1 and 2.

He'd already married Padme before he ever met Ahsoka.

That only applies if the two things presented are equal.
Let's use paint in this example.
At first people buy the paint that they prefer, but then the other paint takes on a more aggressive ad campaign and force the other brand to have no space for their ads.
New people only buy from the brand b of paint, which fuels its propaganda machine and increases profits, which further shrinks whatever capital brand a can accrue.
Now in star wars it's more paint b completely supplants paint a so new people have no choice and old people are either irrelevant in the face of the new easily impressed consumer base or are brand lotalists.

>didn't read the thread

That's getting into the difference between Mass Appeal and critical appeal, and honestly there's really nothing wrong with mass appeal focused works. They're usually simplistic and often unpolished, but they're not really being made for someone who knows enough about the topic to perceive the flaws. As long as you're dealing with entertainment, something's quality is defined by how much someone(s) was entertained by it. It's why people who work in a field often have so much trouble with entertainment made about that field, because they know exactly what is and isn't bullshit.

Not everyone needs to be a refined palate critic, and that's fine. Actually, unless you're being a critic for a purpose, you could argue it's better not to be as it opens up a bunch of media for you to enjoy that you wouldn't otherwise.

Like contraceptives, Space Divorce doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe.

Going for the lowest common denominator while making an earlier work already enjoyed by others suffer in the process is nothing but dumbing down of the product for more revenue.
If it started like that then it would still suffer to the ever changing whims of the fickle populous as it has no focus.

I simply don't understand.

Why make Grievous a huge jobbing jobber who jobs every week to the power of friendship when they coud have simply created a new character to fill this role and keep their already established force of nature with its reputation intacts so he could be scary as shit when he actually showed up as a season boss or something?

>could have had qt 3.14 padawan instead of aging jew hagress
>i have no arms and legs because of this

Ahsoka lives user, she will be his daughter in law.

Remember when Shaggy decided to quit Mystery Inc, move to South Dakota to start a family, but ended up having it all be a shame while cheating on his wife and then got arrested for the possible murder of two guys because he may be possessed by an evil spirit from a supernatural plane of existence?

Economics isn't a zero-sum game, user. Your example only works in very small parts of very small systems, and ignores the rest of the system. In paint, it would be large consumers of paint such as construction companies quickly realizing that one brand was shitty and the other was good, then switching over to the better brand of paint. Mass consumers might still buy the shit brand, but the people who know things about paint will buy and recommend the good stuff because they can recognize the difference. Most mass consumers won't really give a shit, so they'll buy whatever is advertised and continue to not give a shit if their paint is a bit sub par, because it is such a tiny part of their life.

That's exactly why critics exist. If it actually really matters if your paint is good or bad, the critics can tell you. That's the difference between Mass Appeal and critical appeal, and why one is a good way to determine something's quality and the other is a terrible way.

I was actually defending Samurai Jack, I don't know how Star Wars did, critically.

Gennedy and Lucas had a miscommunication. Lucas pictured Grevious as a moustache swirling hooligan villain and got butthurt when he saw Genndy's version.

Critics are easily swayed by money and their own personal biases and agendas.
As for Jack, the finale needed to be a two-parter.

His Clone Wars were never canon. It's time to face reality.

Can someone please put this face on him.

Delete this

>Genndy and Lucas are kindred souls

It all makes sense

Yes they were, they even made comics about it and Surge was a thing.

>comics
The old EU was non canon to the movies.

That's changing target audience, which is a fucking retarded idea that Executives can't seem to get enough of. It looks super good on paper because you are going from a small Market to a large Market and bigger numbers are better, but in actual practice crashes and burns for all the reasons you probably already know.

Generally speaking though, Mass Appeal Works don't change that much. I mean, sure, there are trends like the progressive fad that's been going around, being for against some political thing, Maybe appealing to the Zeitgeist for something that the public thinks is cool like lasers or what have you, but their actual core elements are super static.

Music is the most glaringly obvious example of this. Turn on the radio, go to some popular station, it can be country, pop, rock, doesn't matter, then count what percentage of songs use the same 4 Chords and are about love and/or heartbreak.

Scooby can't even talk, it's shaggy projecting scoob's thoughts into everyone's heads.

This Jedi was actually called Shaggy

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sha'a_Gi

The new clone wars are shit and only faggots care about "canon"

Yeah, I remember rewatching that recently and wondering why Shaggy was there.

Also, this. I saw that series before I saw the prequels. I couldn't believe he was such a jobber in the movie.

Mass appeal works have no lasting power, it's why we go through boy bands and Disney starlets like popcorn.

In the movie he's injured.
You can even hear his voice change to the one he has in the movie after Mace crushes his chest.

That's why you use a group of them, not just one or a group that's cooperating together. That's not to say that they are a flawless metric, but they're good enough to judge something as entertaining or not.

[Spoiler]I agree that it should have been a two-parter, but you could tell that the network was leaning on him pretty hard with the release schedule. They managed to make it work, though.[/Spoiler]

t.butthurt EUfag

Except that shit isn't canon and Mace does nothing to Grievous.

>Why make Grievous a huge jobbing jobber who jobs every week to the power of friendship

Because that's what he was created to be.

>they coud have simply created a new character to fill this role and keep their already established force of nature with its reputation intacts so he could be scary as shit when he actually showed up as a season boss or something?

Because that's not what Grievous was ever meant to be. The Gennedywars version was simply their own interpretation ofnothing but concept art of the character for RoTS. A lot of people don't like to believe it, but the RoTS/TCW version is the original and true version of the Grievous.

Also, the Gennedywars version was boring as hell. The original version is much more interesting because his prosthetic enhancements is just a metaphor for his own insecurities and inferiority/superiority complex.

The only thing that worked in that ending was the catharsis of Jack finally going back to the past and killing Aku.
Ashi's death was shoehorned but at least she's gone. And I didn't even mind their romance, the kiss in episode 8 happening that suddenly and with that music made me laugh.

True, but that's mostly a problem for the producer. Lasting power is darwinistic anyway, so no matter how good they all are, most works are going to be left by the side of the road.

No, just a normal person who doesn't give a fuck about what is and isn't canon. Sorry you're a sperg who is more concerned about what some hack says is and isn't "really real" than being concerned with what is actually good entertainment and what isn't.

Oh eat shit, you can't just tell someone to write a character based solely on the design and then get upset when they couldn't read your mind.
If George really wanted Grievous to be Dick Dastardly he would have said "btw this guy is a bitch nigga and a Saturday morning cartoon villain".

Ashi actually makes a lot of sense if you pay attention to the themes of Jack's suffering and what changed when she entered his life. Ironically I think Genndy might have gone too highbrow by using her as a catalyst and representation of the change he goes through in the last season of Jack. He definitely took a risk and it apparently paid off, short season notwithstanding.

He should have kept the beard, and while she did so that after episode 7 there was too much focus on her.

Although I will add that her disappearing during the wedding is hokey 80s time traveling bullshit. I get what they were going for, but that was the most shining example I've ever seen of why you don't want every single writer in the room to be over 40, even if they wrote large portions of the culture that younger people grew up on.

>you can't just tell someone to write a character based solely on the design and then get upset when they couldn't read your mind.
George never got upset, nor did he tell anyone to write for Grievous in Gennedywars because he had nothing to do with it.

>If George really wanted Grievous to be Dick Dastardly he would have said "btw this guy is a bitch nigga and a Saturday morning cartoon villain".
He could've, but he didn't because he didn't care what Gennedy was doing. George literally never cared about any of the EU because he didn't think he was beholden to it and restricted from telling the stories he wanted with his universe/property.
Gennedywars was no different from any other EU title. It was just the author/whatever doing what they wanted with the characters of George's stories regardless of what George had in mind for them.

>he never cared
The prequels make this painfully obvious.

#
Come on, the beard was obvious visual shorthand for Jack's hopelessness and the abandonment of his quest. It wasn't amazing, it wasn't crude, it was just properly using a visual storytelling element.

As for the focus on her, they didn't really skimp on developing Jack at all and they had a lot of development needed to get her fleshed out in one season. I don't think it fucked up the tone too much at all, but that one is a matter of opinion.

>failing to count syllables

Sam-u-rai-jack
Je-di-knight-shag
Seems about the same.

Seconding this. I want more

>literally shot through the heart

>travelled to the past
Why would the past be full of sentient robots, lightsabers and Spaceships?

Do Twi'leks have any particularly outstanding differences from humans or are they just the designated waifu race?

>people STILL think 2008 Clone Wars is bad because of a couple episodes

Headbangers Ball

This is bait, right?

No one can possibly be this stupid, right?

Right?

Fuck this board.