Jack's name

Anyone else think it's weird that Ashi looks up at Jack at the end and says "Jack..."?

You're back in the past. You're back home where nobody calls you Jack. At this point you two have known each other for such a short time that calling him his real name would be an easy change.

Why did she call you Jack and not your real name?

Perhaps Aku knew Jack's real name, Jack, and it became an insult in his society, so his real name IS Jack?

Other urls found in this thread:

splendoras.tumblr.com/post/161028871574/am-i-kicked-out-of-the-fandom-yet-while-i-was
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the same reason why Dr. Mrs. The Monarch and The Monarch call each other by their villain names. Or 21 and 24 call each other by their numbers. Or why some people say "Cap" instead of "Steve". Or why nobody referred to Dumbo as his actual name, Jumbo Jr.

They're just used to it.

You're putting more thought into this than Genndy did

Jack forgot his name.

But his Mom and Dad are there so they could tell him.

Though he was forced out of home at the age of 6 and was sent to train by people of many different languages for 20 years, then forced into the future where everyone calls you a different name. So maybe he did just forget his old name.

He's been called Jack for way longer than he was called whatever his original name was, it probably just feels right now

I kind wish it was some cheesy engrish sounding variation of jack, like JAKKU

Did he ever explain his parents what happened?
Hey mom, dad, in my 10 minutes battle against aku i got thrown into the future, spent 50 years wondering in a crazy high tech world, which makes me older than you, then found this girl who happen to be the daughter of aku, fallen in love and am going to marry her now. Call me my new name now, Jack.

So did the timeline take months to fix itself or did Ashi suddenly kill herself by realizing she shouldn't exist?

This has been perplexing me as well.

Probably the first for dramatic reasons.

Perhaps ashi realized it the time she first felt weak after aku died and chose not to tell jack and enjoy the fleeting time she had because she is a fucking asshole.

It would possibly mean that aku future took months / years to vanish, which means he had enough time to torture the living shit of the scotts as jack had left reality.

Bittersweet guys, except without the sweet part.

They probably just rolled with it because he pulled their asses out of the fire.

I was really hoping for a jack name reveal, of all the things that I thought would happen that was #1 on the list and THE HACK DIDN'T EVEN GIVE ME THAT.

I only saw the finale once when it aired, were there time transition scenes? Did the seasons change? Or are people just assuming months passed before the wedding?

I mean, I guess the only indication would be people arriving on boats, so it would still be longer than a week has gone by.

Got more distracted that the ending came straight out of a Barbie movie....

splendoras.tumblr.com/post/161028871574/am-i-kicked-out-of-the-fandom-yet-while-i-was

Samurai Jack and Gurren Lagann have the exact same ending with plot twist, but why do I enjoy Gurren Lagann's, and puke when I see Sappy Jack?

Same reason why Jack, a man from medieval japan, seems to speak the same language as everyone in the future.

It's a cartoon show. Calm your autism.

kek

One is a great show, the other is a turd in the genndy-brand microwave

Because one is an original ending, while the other rips it off? It's pretty simple.