>cartoon attempts to teach actually valuable lessons in life
>Sup Forums says it's trash because of that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xv6IWX1_XHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Example?

Cause it's stupid

>le police and fighterfighters are the real heroes

Get that shit away from my escapism machine, I didn't like it as a kid, I don't like it now.

>implying anyone bothers with "police and firefighters are nice" morals anymore

Do you live under a rock? The post 9/11 patriotism surge is dead. Pop culture is that police officers are rapists, rapists, and facists now. The new hip morals are "refugees are good", "there's no difference between races other than skin color", and "if you defend yourself, your opponent wins because you sink to their level; so solve it with words instead"

The only cartoon I remember getting real good advice from almost constantly was The Weekenders.

Don't forget that "if someone breaks into your home to rob you and you shoot them then they become victims and you become a murderer".

>there's no difference between races other than skin color
That's true, the real difference is culture, not race.
But no one wants to admit some cultures are just terrible.

The last cartoon I remember that being a thing in is Higglytown Heroes

>"you see kids, the best way to handle bullies is not to fight them but to be nice to them they have problems too"

Yeah it don't fucking work like that you pleb

The Sword in the Stone was shit for that very reason.

That episode of TTG where they decide to invest their money in real estate

>show stops having life lessons
>retards want it back for some reason

What messages was it trying to say? Cuck squirrels?

name a SINGLE cartoon

I can smell the teenage angst through my computer screen.

There's a fine line between teaching a lesson in an simple but entertaining way and going into extreme detail about real estate on a kid's cartoon.

>cartoon attempts to teach actually valuable lessons in life
>it fails at it
Have you ever thought maybe that's the reason why "we" shit on it, you fucking faggot?

I remember an episode of CSI Miami mentioned that a guy hit someone with a metal rod. One hit was self defense, two was murder.
Moral of the story: get them down in one shot and run for your life if you fail or it's your fault.

>no one wants to admit some cultures are just terrible.
someone gets it

That pic sums up people's reaction to environmentalism episodes.

It does make you a murderer if the criminal never actually threaten or attempted to harm you.

>procedural cop shows knowing any goddamned thing about actual laws or enforcement thereof

I'm pretty sure they just want to hold childrens' attentions.

So it's more
"MWAHAHA I'M GOING TO DUMP THIS TOXIC WASTE IN THE POND WHICH BENEFITS ME IN NO CLEAR WAY"
and less
"We have this industrial waste, what should we do with it?" "The ocean is right fucking there"

Arthur's Big Hit

this topic

youtube.com/watch?v=xv6IWX1_XHQ

Wow Sup Forums doesn't like cartoons, what's next? Sup Forums hating video games?

yeah because killing a man that only wanted to take like 1000$ from you is ok.

you can get that money back in 2 months of work, but that guy will be dead forever, nigger.

Yes, let's reason with a person who has violently broken into your home. Hopefully he's one of those good crackheads who only wants dope money, instead of a thug or psycho who will kill you at the drop of a hat.

Fucking liberals. And this is from someone who both owns guns, and also had a drunkass wander into my apartment where I understood how blackout he was.

If you have a sign that warns people they will get shot breaking into your house, who will the law say was in the right?
Or what if you hot someone with a warning shot?

Are you trying to convey a coherent thought there, chap?

>yeah because killing a man that only wanted to take like 1000$ from you is ok.
Pretty much, yeah. There's a potentially dangerous stranger in my house who's taking MY things, if he doesn't want to be killed then he shouldn't break into houses.

Name one cartoon where the cops are the bad guys. It doesn't count if there's one corrupt cop, or a couple, and at the end there's some "most of them are good" message.

>Pop culture is that police officers are rapists, rapists, and facists now.
What pop culture are you talking about exactly? I think maybe there's a comic or two, but I can't think of anything else major that has this, or the other things your talking about.

Not that user, but isn't it a better idea to shoot them in the leg or something?

This hot new cartoon that just came out today.

Have you ever shot a gun? It's not a laser pointer. And one shot many times doesn't stop the threat.

Also from a legal standpoint, no. If you were presence of mind to shoot-to-maim, depending on the state you could be covered under castle doctrine, but still open yourself up to a huge civil suit. "If you were scared for your life, why did you not keep shooting," etc.

Oh, you mean that adult underground counter-culture movie that came out like 40 years ago? Yeah, that's the absolute state of cartoon nowadays!

Real life isn't like the movies.

Stay in school. It rubs your face in it for an hour.

I never did see this movie. Only Hey Good Lookin' and some of his smaller projects.

No, it was just released in theaters today. Huge box office hit. Has a 99% Audience rating on RT.

you can still hit a femoral artery and they end up bleeding out

I was unaware that they can file a lawsuit for being shot in a situation like that. Shouldn't the fact they were a stranger in your house be evidence enough in that kind of situation? I'm a bit unfamiliar with laws in situations like this.

Don't misunderstand me, I fully stand by the Second Amendment, I just never got why not to aim to cripple them instead of killing them. But then again, I've never been in that situation.

This is also something that hadn't occurred to me.

wew, I need to proof-read my posts better,
I just used "situation" like four times.

Civil suits are tort, not law. So where they may be protected by law (Castle Doctrine), they may be open to any asinine civil case depending on how good a lawyer and how egregious a judge would let slip. U.S. lawsuit culture in a nutshell.

This is all a generalization and depends on the individual laws of the state in real life, but:
In the eyes of the law, lethal force should only be used if your life is in immediate danger. If you have time to aim for a limb rather than center mass, there is a good argument that your life wasn't in immediate danger.

Not only is it a good idea because of law, it's also just a good idea to be respectful of lethal force. You don't want to put a bullet in someone if they aren't threatening your life.

Aside from the possibility that you could still kill them, the bullet could also ricochet and harm someone else, it could cause property damage, or the simple firing of the gun could cause hearing damage. Probably most important is the fact that someone who's wounded can still fight back.

Go ahead, tell us why you think the Nazi in American History X did nothing wrong.

And don't come back.

If not for the curb stomp, he could've been legally justified.

You can't just scream "Sup Forums" whenever somebody tells the truth.

Almost any thread with Steven Universe

>Kill your people for animals

Pristine morals my dude

>Do you live under a rock? The post 9/11 patriotism surge is dead. Pop culture is that police officers are rapists, rapists, and facists now. The new hip morals are "refugees are good", "there's no difference between races other than skin color", and "if you defend yourself, your opponent wins because you sink to their level; so solve it with words instead"

Give me examples of this in a cartoon or comic. This is Sup Forums, not your personal soapbox to complain about non existent problems.

>if you defend yourself, your opponent wins because you sink to their level; so solve it with words instead
I think an episode of Steven Universe had that where Connie beat up a bully and got guilty about it.
Also back in Hey Arnold.
Or any carton where a kid learns karate.

Sneaking in during the middle of the night while your asleep instead of when your gone for the day implies a threat.

Because that can be used as proof you weren't in danger.

It's not if the perpetrator doesn't have a weapon and runs away the second they're spotted.

>cartoon attempts to teach a valuable life lesson
>the lessons are so basic that you'd have to be a moron to not already know them

incorrect. It's implied that you will be home during the night. ergo he's prepared to harm you or threaten you in some manner (that is implied by him coming under cover of night)

But Sup Forums loves Sonic Boom

that's not a 'good lesson' that's the showrunners being autistic about a thing that no one ever actually says about their show.

Like I think someone involved with that show is seriously Dobson tier considering how often they make a point to flip the bird at their 'haters' while simultaneously entirely missing the point of what the criticism is actually about.

What happened in this episode? I don't really watch the show.

Do decent rips of Sonic Boom actually exist or not?

Kids don't need to know about feelings like this though.

>he's prepared to harm you or threaten you in some manner
"Preparation" of threat (whatever the fuck that means) is not a threat itself. A threat is an intentional action of putting someone in the fear of bodily injury or murder. You can't do that if the home owners are asleep or don't even notice that you're there.

By that logic, shoplifting should be considered an inherent implication of threat and the store owner is allowed to shoot you on sight, since it has the potential to escalate into a threat or harm if caught.

GUYS REMEMBER SLADE?

OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH SLADE

ten seconds in, WELL WE DEFEATED SLADE AND THE REST OF THE EPISODE IS GOING TO BE US TALKING IN-DEPTH ABOUT THE INS AND OUTS OF BUYING REAL ESTATE AND ABSOLUTELY NO JOKES WHATSOEVER.

>that only wanted to take like $1000 from you is ok
Are you going to risk the lives of your loved ones on such a completely blind assumption?

If that nigga wanted to live he shouldn't have broken into my house, that's just agreeing, giving me permission to end his life and to get killed because there's no guarantee he won't harm me or my family.

So if you don't want to get shanked don't try to rob my house

Wrong. Wasn't that the point of a large part of the X-men?
>Your search for acceptance? A failure.

>Cartoon teaches a non traditional and unexpected lesson Wich is milesles better than the usual generic let's be friends crap

Go back to Sup Forums

>The new hip moral is the crap old teachers tell kids in school
>Those cringy eu videos are what kids think it's cool
Sorry but no, that anything but cool, hell when you try to be cool you get mocked to oblivion like that show about science with the gay ice cream
What's cool right now is protectionism and with good reason, those kids will grow up having to deal with all the debt you fabricated in the last decade, not to mention the last 50 years

Go back to sucking your mom's cock

>TTG
well there's your problem

Scooby doo showed us that monsters are just people in rubber masks. There. That's one thing that cartoons can teach. Do co lurkers hate Scooby Do now? Is it too preachy?

Honestly, it was kinda funny. Was the stuff they said about real estate correct?

>live in Texas
>someone breaks into your house you can shoot them dead no problem as long as its not in the back

This place may be ass backwards on a lot of things but at least you can defend yourself.

>toon has an ounce of higher meaning
>it's a "Sup Forums doesn't know how to interpret" episode
>it's a "in case you forgot, Sup Forums has autism" episode
>it's a "Sup Forums misses the point" episode

Boom, there it is