2000AD

lets have a 2000 AD thread
Just started reading Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper both are surprisingly fun despite their darker premises

No one on Sup Forums is going to know anything except Judge Dredd.

Was it ever explained why jimmy carter is here

Rogue is a personal favorite. I love how up until the end, Finlay-Day just keeps throwing crazy new ideas in your face.
I'm working my way through all the progs. Just got to the dreaded Summer Offensive. Shudder.

Just finished Judge Anderson Shamballa, which collect all or most of the Alant Grant and Arthur Ranson. great stuff.

> it takes Satan showing up for Judge Dredd to admit he has a friend

i am not very far in but i love the idea of his dead comrades still being with him in his equipment.
they could help him a ton but most of the time they are just bugging him for conversation.

>that time Dredd put Satan himself in jail

>that time Judge destroyed a car even though it wasn't the persons fault that their emission filter was broken even if they only drove for a couple of minutes

If any of you have read the cursed earth saga know that judge dredd changed the presidents sentence
do you think any of the other judges would get mad at him?

I'm one of the Brit faggots on the board so I do read the weekly.

Right now really enjoying both Brink and Deadworld. Deadworld is fucking great, I wasn't that enthusiastic when they hooked up with the rebel camp but look where it's gone. The Dark Judges are genuinely scary again for the first time in a long time and I'm so there for Casey and the weird Byke/mecha-horse confronting Judge Fear. What a great intro they gave him. I feel really into both Casey and Fairfax as characters and I want to see where they go.

Brink wasn't something I was really into at first but with each strip it's grown on me. I haven't read the first series of this and I don't know if I want to: I like the world it's set out currently and the slow burn (certainly for 2000 AD) worldbuilding in the details from the current story. The Brass Sun artist feels like they really work for this story. Again, I feel that the strong sketching out of Kurtis as a character in this weird setting is what makes the story so strong.

Defoe seems better than it has been at times in the past but I'm not awed by it. This is a strip that Mills can get really indulgent with and I think when he gets like that he ends up boring himself, which makes the story boring. Dredd continues at its usual average-to-good quality (the plot in the current story was obviously unintentionally highly relevant to current news). I can't even be bothered reading Scarlet Traces which is weird because I loved the original but the sequels do nothing for me.

I re-read the first Rogue Trooper stories recently and honestly Helm, Gunnar and Bagman read as uh, very particular in some ways.

The biochips are a very cool idea, yeah. I get why Gibbons hated them but I really appreciate the banter and squaddie feel of it all.

I was thinking about this the other day... representatives of all religions saw Cass beat the devil and walk out half dead. How many Anderson Cults were spawned that day? We know there's at least one Church of Almighty Dredd, so...

I only started reading 2000 AD a couple months ago so I don't know shit about non-Dredd stuff, but I can recognize/name the more popular/well known stuff by sight (Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Robots, etc). I'm working on tracking down all this shit but it ain't easy.

To add, I have read all the Deadworld stuff though which is fantastic.

Fairfax is great, I thought he was just gonna be "Deadworld's analogue to Dredd" at first but wound up his own character and a half. I also love all the not-quite-direct-analogues to Dredd's world, like the more literal interpretation of the Judge Child prophecy.

The aesthetics are fucking awesome, too; we knew what Deadworld Judge uniforms looked like from way earlier but I'm a fan of how instead of eagles everywhere, it's not just skulls but skulls in a more boxy, utilitarian fashion more inline with our own world, especially technology wise. Even little things like the Lawrider bykes having tri-barreled rotary cannons instead of the various machine guns the Lawmasters are usually depicted with are great.

>mfw I realized the secondary reference for why the bykes are grey horse skulls instead of black like the Lawmasters or a different type of skull entirely
>mfw I have no face

these threads die too quick
why is Sup Forums so shitty

Anyone super familiar with Slaine? I loved The Horned God and was wondering how the other stories fare, mostly interested in the painted comics rather than the early black and white stuff

I wish they'd be more subtle.

an outright Nigel Farage lookalike was bad enough

Did you catch the red hats in the newest prog?

I loved the b&w stuff. McMahon's scratchy linear art suited the theme of that ancient celtic world down to a tee. Fabry's stuff eventually overcame a wild start to reach godlike levels.

I missed that. I did spot this though

oh those red hats, yeah I noticed that

Wait....Dredd go full PC?....

Dredd go full PC?

It's "satire."

Is it the best Dredd has ever done? No.
Is it still funny? Yes.