Chase is bow a hipster chad

>chase is bow a hipster chad
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGA

MUH TV SERIES SYNERGY

Wait, I thought Old Lace died?

>Chase went from schoolshooter to Chad
Truly inspirational

How many kids in Marvel have a dinosaur friend?

They brought Old Lace back in Avengers Academy.

Well yeah, this series isn't gonna be for anyone who liked the original run. This is going to be the 6 issue stealth mini that a few casuals will glance at on the shelves of a Barnes and Noble once the show drops on Hulu.

What if it is just teasers for the show and not an actual comic?

The characters they've teased so far don't look like the cast.

Then it wouldn't be speaking in the past tense for these characters. You can't really be "just another washed-up super-kid who was never very super" if you've never been a super-kid in the first place.

If you faggots read the original run you'd remember his dad beating him while calling him a dumb jock

Nah, This Chase looks even less like the show version than he did in the original comics. Looks like they are aging him and Nico up into their twenties.

>Molly

Not cute enough AND no hat. This is a criminal act.

>with no friends but his dinosaur
Already garbage

Chase was always a jock though? He just had dumb early 00s hair instead of dumb mid 10s hair. What's the big deal?

Don't think Anka can draw teens juding from his other work.

He was. People are just being bitchy to be bitchy.

>implying Sup Forums reads comics

>chase is bow a hipster chad

He ALWAYS was one. From what I recall, the description used here is the exact same used in the older series too.

The problem here isn't the redesigns, it's that they turned all of them into mid-20s people.

>schoolshooter
I hate you.

Yeah, I'm not sure where all this hate over Chase being a "chad" is coming from. I've seen it in every Runaways thread since the show's cast list came out and I don't understand. Chase was always a Chad.

She has a hat in the trailer but clearly wont be 24/7 hats like the comic

Chase was 18-19 by the end of the series.

He was 18 at the end of vol 2. He shouldn't look like a 25 year old hipster from Oakland

Especially if they still treat Molly as a dumbass 10 year old (I know she was 12 but she acted dumber)

>I know she was 12 but she acted dumber

they never went into the subject, but it seemed to me she had some spectrum of emotional developmental delay due to trauma

Given that her parents were telepaths she probably was fucked up by their manipulation. Had to develop different tactics to get her way, etc.

Anka can't draw in general. I already have low hopes for this book but they'll plummet off a cliff if he's on art.

Nico isn't cute enough, but I unironically like Gregg Sulkin
Also is this show going to follow the original volume storyline?

He wasn't a Chad. He was a beta.

It's the hair that ages him.

Nah

Huh, you might be onto something.

some Chads are beta, they are just the sidekicks

That's a mullet, though, not a sidecut. Dumb 90s hair.

It's a manbun. It's as dumb 10s hair as it gets. But Chase always had dumb hair.

Finish removing the soul patch and it'd be better.

Vol 2 was yeara ago in universe

>ugly, hatless Mexican Molly
>skinny Gert
>ultra prep Karolina
Pass

>Jock
he played Lacrosse.

But will Molly still be 12?

Yeah, he was a Jock

that's the most jock sport of them all

Who else aside from jocks plays fucking lacrosse?

Exactly.

I wish Marvel TV would stop mucking their hands into shit that doesn't belong to them because they keep taking good properties that would be better used in the MCU.

>tumblrina
>the school slut that gave her first blowjob at 12
>the passive agressive aspie nerd who gets shoved in lockers
>CHAD
>STACEY
>the smelly immigrant kid whose name you can never remember who sits in the back of the class and never talks to anyone

With the exception of Molly those descriptions are comic accurate

You mean TrustFund Stick?
I kid, I played Lacrosse in highschool, didn't realize till college that people thought lacrosse players were assholes then it was my 2nd year in college where I realized they pretty much all are.

>the TV show probably won't have Nico be a Catholic
>the TV show probably won't have Chase be homophobic
>the TV show probably won't mention the fact that Chase's dad is abusive
>the TV show won't have based Xavin shapeshifting into Nico to try to sexually please Karolina

Eh, Karolina was more of a granola grill than a Stacey.

>the TV show probably won't have Chase be homophobic
Wut. I remember Chase being dumb and kind of insensitive but not homophobic. Was that a Hopeless development?

He was a surfer looking dude because he was from cali last time I checked. It's not like this show is going to be similar to the book because these guys were from all over the place.

Her parents are movie stars.

This is Polly, a 14yo Hispanic Inhuman.

Of the hippie vegan variety who would take their daughter to protests and shit..

Jesus. Don't even care about the race bending or power origins but simply aging her completely fucks up her character and dynamics with the group. I wasn't excited about the show but this is enough for me to avoid it like the plague.

That's still a Stacy

Eh Chase was always kind of a douche. I see no problem with this

>the TV show won't have based Xavin

FUCK XAVIN AND FUCK MARVEL ABSOLUTE INABILITY TO THEY A STORY ABOUT A LESBIAN CHARACTER

Gert was more of a bitch than delusional.

Neither Xavin nor Karolina are lesbians. Both have male crushes, and Xavin isn't female in any sense of the word.

Karolina's never liked a guy.

tumblrinas are hipster bitches like Gert. Bitch named herself after Arsneic and Old Lace

What makes you come to the conclusion that Karolina isn't a lesbian? It seemed pretty clear to me that the thing with Topher was an attempt to repress herself and that her relationship with Xavin (prior to Whedon) was inevitably doomed because he couldn't handle being a girl 24/7.

>and that her relationship with Xavin (prior to Whedon) was inevitably doomed because he couldn't handle being a girl 24/7.

I wish they actually went with that. That would have made an interesting take on a 'transgender' character.

Xavin wasn't transgendered he could just shapeshift. shapeshifting is an interesting concept some skrulls had no problem with shifting while others do.

That's why there's quotes, captain. It's not a real world transgender representation, but hit the talking points about identity and shit.

I was really annoyed when Whedon took the route he did with with Xavin's character, especially after all the setup Vaughan had done. Dude had been given a wealth of potential storylines on a platter and proceeded to squander each and every one.

Where did you go to school?

jock/surfer don't preclude one another. He's always been a Chad. No one cares about Sup Forums this is a board about comics.

He was never a beta, he was just a Chad with bad self-esteem because his dad was an abusive piece of shit.

Yeah, Xavin being uncomfortable as a woman was probably his most interesting thing.

That, and being attracted to the Kingpin.

>Attracted

user, I know autism makes it hard for people to understand social cues but this is words and images. It's not that hard.

Tumblrinas consume modern pop culture like Beyonce and shit like that. Not a one of them would even be aware of Arsenic and Old Lace.

Well there's Moon Girl, probably Ka-Zar's kid as well by now...

okay man keep thinking what you want to stay more upset

This, it's not a very taxing sport.

Given his last appearance I'm not even mad. Could've been so much worse.

We don't know anything about it yet. The actress is 14 but probably playing younger. All the others are at least 18, because it's less of a hassle to have adults. Youngest is the actress playing Gert at 18.

It was set up so nicely. In my headcanon one of the things that made Xavin go with the Majesdanians in Vol. 3 is that he realized it wouldn't work out with Karolina, even though he had come to actually love her. So by sacrificing himself for her, Karolina would always remember him as a girl and a hero, without finding out the hard way Xavin wasn't actually comfortable as a girl and having a bad breakup.

>tfw no budget for cgi dinosaur