The Emoji Movie

How do you think it'll do at the box office?

It will do JUST well enough for them to justify it existing. Cause parents are dumb and will take their kids to it.

Please flop harder than Norm of the North

I'll be another Sony film underperforming as usual.

Critics will pan it and it'll make a gazillion dollars.

So same old same old, basically.

I think this is the more likely outcome. I haven't seen any sort of positivity about it, not in YouTube comments, all of its social media, not even in theaters. I heard people groan when an emoji movie trailer came up in the theater. Nobody laughed throughout it. Any memers that want to see it ironically won't be able to bring themselves to the theaters and will just watch camrips. Unless they promote the SHIT out of it, like ads on every product you can imagine, I can't see it even breaking even. Small kids might want to see it, but I think the concept is too stupid that even adults who put up with a lot will put their foot down and wait for it to show up in redbox.

Same as its trailer on youtube, everyone's gonna see it and nobody's gonna like it

>it will be a 4/10 but every kid bashed their head on a wall just to force their parents to watch it
This isn't new at all
>20% will be manchildren that will unironically gloat that this is a goat in Sup Forums

Lets see it's a kids movie, what can compete with it, it comes after

>War for the planet of the adults
>Dun'takeyourkids
>Valerian and the city of a thousand cliches

Im just saying, those aren't family friendly movies, like two of them really not for little ones.

I mean, based on that and how other CGI schlock makes 500m easy? I say it's gonna make 60m in its week run, maybe even clear 200m after a couple weeks.

It'll be a sort of sausage party situation. Everyone expects it to be absolutely horrible in every way, but it'll turn out to just be horrendously average that no one will remember it within a month.

>emoji movie comes out
>everyone acknowledges that the movie will be shit
>no one wants it to succeed
>a large amount of people go ironically see it
>it actually makes bank from all of the people willing to hatewatch
>sony goes on to making purposely terrible movies that would trigger the masses

I think enough curious people will go ironically see it, and that on top of the hoards of mindless parents and their spawn piling in to see poop jokes will be just enough to justify the cost.

This, unfortunately.

Emoji will be a moderate success because it is Summer and something must be done with the children.

Because that worked so well with Ghostbusters...

The Emoji Movie isn't going out of its way to openly insult half of its potential audience.

Yeah, it's insulting the whole world instead.

amazing. people love so bad its good movies which is this and people will pay to see it. It's not helping you tubers like blacknerd and jackfag are making memes out of this piture

Since when 5 years old kids have taste and parents actually understand what the fuck is going on around? It will do more than fine.

it'll make decent bank but will be super forgettable like Sing

i want to believe that this is a humorous exaggeration but the fact that it even exists makes this seem plausible to me

What potential audience?

Kids.

What makes you think that it's gonna be so bad it's good?

It doesn't NEARLY have the ambition necessary, and I don't see it screwing up the formula - most likely, it's gonna be an average piece of filler crap that'll only be remembered as an insultingly "trendy" piece of garbage fast-food cinema.

So bad it's good comes from genuine, megalomaniac EFFORT, not photocopied mass-market cynicism like all sub-par 3D animation with budgets that could finance a small African dictatorship.

The only reason I don't feel the hatred I do for this abomination is because everybody ALREADY hates it.

Which gives me reason to like it - it gives us all - Sup Forums, reddit, even goddamn Tumblr - reason to unite against a common enemy - this movie! ... and the Facebook uber-normies who let this unholy mutant splooge forth into our eyes and theaters.

It'll have a strong opening weekend that immediately drops off like no one has ever dropped before, resulting in a net loss.

I don't think this is what's gonna happen. Anyone who wants to hatewatch will just pirate it. It's what I did with sausage party and boss baby

why did sony turn down that popeye and medusa movie for this?