How would other fictional alien races react to and fare against the gems?

How would other fictional alien races react to and fare against the gems?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hRbYzwzg8T8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rS1UYYiytw
youtube.com/watch?v=NEgwxGWgiIg
youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1ajz4L_cI
forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/117900
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think the empire from star wars would obliterate them in space/aerial combat. Ground combat may be a bit of a grey area but the empire would still have an edge, plus Vader would probably make most of them shit themselves in fear.

With contempt. The Grox would do pretty well, considering the fact that they control most of the galaxy.

The gems are fairly weak

Zoggin 'ell lookit 'em. An' Oi thot dem Pointy ear'd gitz were a buncha panzies. Well dis should still be good for quick scrap.

You gotta be more specific other people will start calling rediculous shit like tyranids, the borg, the empire etc. all of which we know a lot more about in terms of technology and culture while SU does jack all to explain gem tech, influence and culture beyond "we hate fusion"

I have no doubt they would absolutely destroy the gems in open combat and they have an answer to every large scale weapon too.

I don't know, just how DO you think they would fare?

Homeworld becomes his new stomping grounds.

How would pic related fare?

The imperium would fucking curb-stomp them

Tyranid a wouldn't actuall get that much out of them actually. No biomass, just rocks and light. The Gems could probably slow them down by blowing up planets to make their soldiers. Heck, when you think about, The Gems are just a gayer rockier version of the Tyranids.

We don't even know the full scope of the Combines aresenal or real militaristic might do it's hard to say

How would the Irken Empire fare against the Diamond Empire?

Fairly poor like odds are if the cybertronians showed up on earth during SU they would get fucked by both groups.

Even without biomass considering how over the top tyranids are I'd say they can win. Plus the gems only way of planetbusting is combining together millions of their own kind into a giant cluttered mess of shards and then leaving it o incubate for thousands of years

Could a Yautja hunt one? They tend to keep trophies, but how can they keep one if the only way is to shatter the gem?

How would the gems fear against Predators?

Not to mention that have some real kickass marching tunes
youtu.be/hRbYzwzg8T8

How well could they hold out against the helghast?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rS1UYYiytw

He's a tricky fucking devil, I'll tell ya what.

>Orks cause the Gems to bleed and explode into gibs and take damage normally by sheer belief
RIP Gems

I thought Kindergartens also destroyed Planets, or at least the life on them?

"A horde of pastel colored rhinestones are coming to siege Kaon? Don't make me laugh Starscream. They're hardly a threat to our empire.
Soundwave, send out a rally point to our troops and tell them to prepare for assault! Now is the time to show these upstarts how to wage a TRUE galactic war!! DECEPTICONS!! TRANSFORM AND RISE UP!!!"
Most versions of the Decepticon will wipe them out in an annexation campaign.

Especially with Thrawn at the helm.
It's a shame about what happened to Creed... but hey, Primaris Marines.

I can imagine one killing a ruby, but how would they keep a trophy?

>fear
*fare

Predators could easily wipe them out on the ground. And the Empire from Star Wars could take them out too no problem.

Can Khornate bezerkers do the same?

Ghazghkull Thraka's a Git. Gorgutz is best Boss.

>but how would they keep a trophy?
Gem Shards in stasis cube.

An Alpha Predator could probably take on a Jasper.

He wouldn't even need the rest of his race. He could just take them all to bolster his own ranks.

>Creed
He's in one of Trayzn's Pokeballs, he's fine. I just want to see how the White Scars are going to deal with Fact that Primaris Marines are going to bee too big and heavy to fit on Jetbikes.

>This thread again
Oh well, still fun to talk about I guess.

I think they might stand a chance against the Sith, but it hinges on whether or not their hard-light gem weapons can hold up to lightsabers.

Same way he reacts to every other alien race. Genocide or job recruitment

they probably made it in the first place

I don't know if pic related counts, but he does have an intergalactic empire. He'd wip them out so fast, even the Diamonds would cower before him.

>especially with Thrawn at the helm
At least give them a small chance user.

I wonder what would happen if Fabius Bile knew about the gems. Daemonculaba 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Oh joyous occasion, new toys to play with!

>Daemonculaba 2: Electric Boogaloo?
Oh Lordy-Loo please not again. That shit was fucked up enough the first time.

I am, I'm letting him lead the ground forces.

Gems are Borg-tier. Pretty strong. Efficient use of resources if nothing else, but glaring ethical vulnerabilities which can be exploited by technologically-inferior species.

Combine, Space Pirates and the Covenant would absolutely flatten the gems/gem empire because they are dicks.

Asari and other nice races would try to be polite

They aren't particularly aliens, but they are ancient lifeforms. I think that the gems would have a pretty rough time with them, given that one of them is in fact, the ultimate lifeform

Is there more to this?

>Thrawn spends some time on Earth checking out Gem Empire ruins
>Can tell from their architecture that the Gems are technologically advanced
>Can tell from their art that they're minimalists who favor elegance, but aren't afraid to use brute force when it comes to it
>Can also tell they're organized into a rigid hierarchy and caste system
>Lastly, can tell they favor melee combat just by the sheer number of melee weapons forged by gems lying around on Earth
>Concocts battle plans where the easiest path for the Gems to take to victory requires them to break their hierarchy
I'd watch the Gems take that blue dick.

They're actually pretty shitty when you think about it, a bunch of pussies that are always on their period and hyperemotional during most times who possess an exposed glowing weak point on their bodies. Their weaponry doesn't seem very good either since infantry are relegated to archaic melee options with the rare bow in use, not to mention that every new generation of infantry are inferior to the first in many ways. Even the glorft from MEGAS XLR could kick their ass and they got their shit wrecked by a soda cup.

What if they managed to gemify the Red Stone of Asia?

Kars wouldn't give a fuck.

Kars wouldn't let them

Befriended or dead.

man i could really go for a meat bun

Poke steven until he bubbles it for them.

Well you have to remember that the melee thing was thousands of years ago. Now a standard engineer is issued a laser canon

As an organism, I'll agree, they're weaker, but we really have no idea what their current tech is capable of

I'm not sure, but i feel like they would become extremely valuable as batteries

Oh god those flanks

The gems are a multi galaxy race with at least a few dozen planets under their rules, as of 5000 years ago. That was when they had to sail across space in slower than light ships. Their tech has advanced greatly since.

Practically immortal, and require only sunlight once born. They can get up from being poofed with in a seconds if they need to. If Rose Quartz soldiers are available. Then they can be healed from cracking during battle. Their ground combat is no joke. Especially considering fusions, aquamarines, and Lapis.

The only way to keep a gem out of battle is to bubble it, physically bind it in an object, or shatter it. Shatter requires an impact of over 40,000 joules. I did the math from Amethyst's fall.

A small gem ship with kindergarten equipment could produce hundreds or thousands of gem soldiers and technicians with out notice.

Time travel technology and prescience abilities are also in their capability.

A rose quartz could turn native plant life against the natives.

Gems are not to be taken lightly.

youtube.com/watch?v=NEgwxGWgiIg

yes, but could they kill golden experience requiem?

>implying Discord wouldn't turn the invading Gems into rock candy

They'd slaughter them most likely. Then again we haven't seen a Geode Weapon in action. Judging from ground forces and all the other stuff though the Irken have the edge.

I could just imagine what the fuck Nurgle and Slaneesh would do

Nurgle: Oooo is that a gem mutation thing? That is so adorable! I'll make something even better! Yay!

Slaneesh:

Could they kill a girl?

Tzeentch would be more interested in gem mutations since they can already be corrupted by sound waves.

Nurgle would feel nothing but sadness and pity for the gems since they have no physical bodies to receive is gifts.

Homeworld reaction: "What a bunch of fucking idiots."
>fucking idiots turn out to be completely merciless militaristic race of compassionless egomaniacs
>unpredictable enough to be a fucking nightmare in war. The diamonds are faced with senseless unreasonable donutmunching horror the likes of which they have never seen

>steven attempts zim redemption anyway
>zim destroys everything he loves
>steven's entire worldview changes and he becomes a hardened space mercenary

Arent canon star wars things really fucking broken though?

Then ya throw in shit like Force shenanigans then it becomes overkill

The main chance the gems have against the Sith / Empire is the same thing that helps out every other fucking faction that goes against them

Hope that they kill each other and weaken themselves which they pretty much do 95% of the time

the instances they don't they just crush everyone

No kidding

heck even that one guy managed to infiltrate that rat people planet

honestly why they didn't decide to make Zim a soldier or make up some "special" position for him as a destructive force is beyond me. Zim is fucking dangerous when he has someone point him at a target rather than being left to his own devices

Because he's short

>Implying Nurgle wouldn't find a way

Never underestimate Papa Nurgle when it comes to that shit

I don't understand. Is that supposed to be an insult?

hmm.
The Borg: It's impossible to assimilate gem race.
Xenomorphs: I'm not sure. Gem would not make very good hosts.
Aku's Empire: High possibly.
Arachnids: 50/50
Covenant: long war.

they'd hold off on their own

Yeah but he almost destroyed their homeplanet and killed a fuck ton of other invaders he should not be regarded as a weakling hes basically an exterminates with ADD.

Not only that but I believe he also killed the previous Tallest didn't he?

Just give him an Arbiter esque position. Suicide soldier sent on super dangerous missions but he always gets it done

Do people still play that?

I guess it all comes down to who gets the quickest victory. Strogg ain't got shit to work with the gems unless they found some way to hook them up with a bunch of machinery but they have superior military forces. Gems would have to play the long game and let them rot to win it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1ajz4L_cI

Not weak, just not threatening in the big scope.

At best they're city level individually. There tech also tops out at FTL travel.

Say the events of HL1 leading up to the 7 hour war happen on the earth in SU and the Combine find out about the Gems through the crystal gems. And how would the CG's handle the synths?

At first there would be hostility, but -

>handle the synths
Depending on what synths you're talking about they wouldn't really be too difficult to handle assuming gems can take bullets well which is anyone's guess. I think the one deciding factor would be the Gman, it'll pretty much be his decision on whether or not those space rocks are worth saving, and knowing him they probably wouldn't be unless if something happens that gets him to take an interest in them. But everything basically boils down to the Gman's decision and his potential "employers".

Optimus: Stop trying to hack our systems

Megatron: DECEPTICONS! Harvest the talking Energon. Then melt down their tech so we can construct a giant statue of Optimus Prime with my ball bearings in his faceplate!

Constructicons: If Fusion's a cheap tactic, then I don't ever want to be pricy!

These guys had interstellar space travel 10,000 years ago. They only hunt to hold on to their souls.

So I imagine they're about equal in terms of technology.

- Change shape
- Have a 'Spark Core'
- Can combine with each other into larger, stronger forms
- Seemingly made for conquest

>TFW the Gems are one of the Thirteen Tribes

Also this.

GER could TOTALLY kill a girl

If non Sup Forums related races are allowed, I could see the Gremlins from Spiral Knights being able to match them.
>Countless number of minions
>Able to build even more soldiers like the Mecha Knights and Lumbers
>Are a dangerous combination of smart and crazy
>Gremlin Menders are able to not only heal in large groups but revive fallen comrades
>Posses two massive guns called the Roarmulus Twins

Gem homeworld vs Burning Legion

Who wins?

"What's this? An abject lack of Democracy all up in this sector? This will not stand! We're going to give you bauble bastards so much freedom down your throats, you will choke on it despite your lack of lungs!"

...I always wondered about how his skull kind of looks like a gemstone.

Yikes. I hear the music.

>Shatter requires an impact of over 40,000 joules. I did the math from Amethyst's fall.

You. I like you.

How did you work out her weight, though?

Depends, are gems spiral beings?

Oh jeez I wonder...HMMMMM...woah..HMMMMM maybe.... Maybe its the unlimited force with a uncomparable talent for the corruption of all types of matter.

I dont even think they have DNA as we understand it.
Arent they hard light manifestations of a consciousness contained in a gem like core?

That being said, all spiral life forms like humans, anti-spirals, and orkz, would destroy the gems.

Sub-atomic annihilation seems to be universally effective.

>How would other fictional alien races react to
Overwhelming violence and numbers for the first wave, planned attacks to probe for weakness for the second, rinse and repeat until the queen decides to switch things up with an ambush

>and fare against the gems?
If we're talking ground battles then it could go either way if they've established a full hive world with a Queen Mother. They're well and fucked if the gems can wipe the planet from space though. However at that point the gems would lose the world that they wanted to colonize.

speaking of Jojo, what about Mikitaka?
He would probably just chill on gemworld and no one would pay him any mind.

He is a kinda androgynous shapeshifting alien... is Mikitaka a gem?

>xenomorph somehow adapts enough to gestate inside a gemstone
>gem-xenomorphs

gems arent biologica, would this be possible? would this be the worst thing to ever happen?

>that pic
If you're reading this, you are now imagining Coop going on one of his rolls as he faces off against a fleet of home world ships spearheaded by yellow diamond herself. You're welcome.

yes holy fuck
newfags leave
forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/117900