What do you guys think about DC Universe Rebirth Flash? I read it recently and had a great time...

What do you guys think about DC Universe Rebirth Flash? I read it recently and had a great time. Though Meena's face-heel turn was pretty obvious.
Any other good DCU Rebirth series you'd recommend?

I love it a lot.
Meena's heel turn makes more sense on reread, considering August's discussion at the end of the first arc.

DEATHSTROKE

Priest is based

I like it. It's just a fun title that picks you up. Honestly though, I don't really like the character of Meena.

Neil Googe's work has really degraded. I like Carmine, but I wish his Iris was cuter. Man her hair and wardrobe have sucked this whole book. Really like Williamson though. Birthright, one of his Image books, is fucking dope.

Talk about an obvious turn. Godspeed's design is badass though.

Yeah, artwork is my main complain about DCU Rebirth Flash.

I like Godspeed, but his first costume with green googles was even more badass.

idk its fun but its like consistently average. Flash writers for the past 15 or so years have pretty much made so you can tell only 4 or 5 kinds of flash stories and this pretty much follows that same gamut and im just like "more of the same? really?". Honestly it ain't anything special at this point I just wish flash writers would do new kinds of stories with the character

as far as books I'd like to recommend, Priest's Deathstroke is solid. It works with the general cast that usually surrounds him but inverts expectations at every turn and Priest is a smart writer to boot. Art varies in quality but its nice to have a deathstroke book with depth to it

Benjamin Percy's Green Arrow - I'd level the same complaints I have about Flash with this comic but it makes up for it with great art and sheer. genuine enthusiasm for the story and characters. Ollie's biggest problem has been the lack of a coherent family supporting cast imo and this fixes that in a way

All-Star Batman - Regardless of how you view Snyder, this is something special. Great artists featured. Taking Batman out of Gotham. Interesting premises for the villain's motives that aren't just run-of-the-mill, cookie cutter plots

its not exactly Rebirth, but I'd like to recommend Gerard Way and crew's Doom Patrol and Warren Ellis' Wildstorm reboot, The Wild Storm. The latter takes the old fascinations of old Wild Storm (black ops, aliens, conspiracy theories) and sleekly updates it for the modern age with new takes on everything. slow but good

Way's Doom Patrol is on the same coin as Morrison's Run but if Morrison's run is the dark side of an acid trip, like listening to Wolf Eyes while tripping and just having a freaky time, Way's is the colorful, Animal Collective-side of an acid trip. A happy, psychedelic freakout of a comic that genuinely enjoys itself

Thanks for recommendations, user, will check them out.

just read New Super-Man and Shade the Changing Girl

>good
red hood and the outlaws
batman as usual
superman
wonder woman (best art desu)

>meh
justice league

all ive read. ive only read the first volumes trades of each of these though.

would love to know how the other titles are going

I liked it but only read until #8 but i'm gonna get vol 1 next month

I recommend Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Green Lanterns, and Superman and whenever I am Bane comes out ( you can skip I an Gotham/Suicide, especially Suicide) And what these guys said^^^^^

Flash is pretty bad. I dislike Carmine's artwork and can't stand Williamson's over narration and uninspired plots. It's like you put some gold filigree on Lobdell's writing.

I serve as a counterpoint, suggesting one reads the rest of King's Batman run.
All three stories work better together.

Honestly I'm starting to fear we'll never get a Flash run on the same level as Waid's and Johns'

Those really were the character's peak. These last 10+ years have been nothing but mediocrity for the character.

Probably because Flash isn't the same anymore ever since they threw out the whole legacy thing?

True. Wally was really a stronger character and he was backed up by the whole legacy thing. Though I think something big could be done even with Barry if the Flash Family came back. Johns was certainly aiming to do so but the New 52 came and fucked up with his plans.

>Any other good DCU Rebirth series you'd recommend?
Superman
Supersons

The issue is Barry's defining moment as a character was his sacrifice during COIE. A great ending but a terrible middle for the character. By bringing him back they messed up two characters in the process.

I recommend Green Arrow, if you're into him.

I don't know much about him other than from his appearances in Justice League Unlimited series and Year One comics.
He seems kind of cool guy, but I wasn't really impressed by his Rebirth one-shot so didn't pick up ongoing series. Might give it a try as well.