How do I get into comic books? I'm really interested in Batman, the Teen Titans, and Spiderman...

How do I get into comic books? I'm really interested in Batman, the Teen Titans, and Spiderman, but I've only ever seen their shows and stuff, but I am open to whatever so long as it's interesting. Where should I start?

Pic related is the only superhero comic I've read thus far.

>Batman
From the late 1960s on.
>the Teen Titans
Marv Wolfman's run only.
>Spider-Man
From the 1960s until 1990.

Batman is a shitty character. You should avoid his comics. They are just awful.

Teen Titans isn't like the TV show. If this is what you like, you should just stick to the Lego DC Superhero's GNs.

Spider-man hasn't been good since Stan Lee stopped writing him in 1960.

start with the most famous runs/graphic novels. For example with Batman you can read Knightfall or Hush or (for 'starting years' Batman) Long Halloween/Dark Victory. Even if you don't like it you're more "in the know" since this is the shit that is referenced everywhere ad nauseam

then stop following the character and switch to following writers/artists.

I won't help you with Titans or Spider-Man though because I've read a lot less Spidey and no Titans. I've pretty much read only Lee/Ditko Spidey, Kraven's Last Hunt and some McFarlane run which I didn't like.

good
bad

>Spider-man hasn't been good since Stan Lee stopped writing him in 1960.

I thought Sup Forums general opinion is that Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows is a good modern Spidey, though it's an alternate universe

>Teen Titans isn't like the TV show. If this is what you like, you should just stick to the Lego DC Superhero's GNs.
You can fuck off right now, please and thank you.

80s Spiderman is best, especially Amazing and PPTSS. Goes steadily downhill after 87

fuck off to redit with that mentality.

with what mentality? I like that book and have seen people here expressing similair opinion. where did your dad touch you to be immediately angry that I pointed it out, fucktard?

the hivemind mentality.

follow this but don't ignore Spider-Man 2099 even if it was written in the 90s. It's great.

JUST GO TO A STORE

PICK UP SOMETHING THAT LOOKS INTERESTING

AND READ IT

FUCK

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

YOU DON'T NEED A GOD DAMN RECLIST

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Knightfall or Hush

Important arcs to the character's backstory, but then, shitty in general and I don't really recommend them.
Reading the wiki on them will suffice.

What the fuck do you mean 1960s on? That's nearly 60 years worth of comics and not all of them are even close to decent

For Batman I'm going to add that you should read them in roughly chronological order (storywise not real time) and hit the major story beats. It's not too important but it was a fun experience for me and gave the world of gotham and its characters some extra depth.

For example: Year One, The Man Who Laughs, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Robin: Year One, Batgirl: Year One, Death in the Family, etc.

Jumping right into big arcs without any setup isn't very entertaining

that's what I meant mostly
For example I think Hush is fucking worthless but you can see it constantly among top Batman stories list

Shit Nightwing Year One comes before Death in the Family. Anyway I promise it's not that hard. There are so many rec lists for batman online it's not even funny

It has its fair share of critics, but I've only seen a couple of people say it's somehow worse than Slott's recent work.

>Batman

Year One
The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
The Dark Knight Returns

>Teen Titans

Wolfman/Perez run is the pinnacle as long as you don't mind old stuff.

>Spiderman

Believe it or not, Spider-Man was really solid for the first few DECADES. Pretty much everything from the 60s, 70s, and 80s is worth reading.

Batman has the best comics. Contrary to what this dumbass is saying.

How to get into batman 101. First year, Long Halloween, maybe Dark Victory after that. don't read Hush. Don't waste your time on anything with jason after he ceased being deceased. Love thy Damian like he's your own son.

from their do what you will.