DC Universe Rebirth #1 Storytime/

>How could I ever forget you?

Happy anniversary, DC Rebirth.

Time to take a trip down memory lane and talk about our favorite books of the first year of books, our thoughts on the bimonthly scheduling, creative teams, characters, wishes for year two, and whatever else folks wish to discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/status/866422517338124288
youtube.com/watch?v=Mkp8ZdQ9SqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of the very few covers this decade that'll be remembered as a classic.

>TNNK

[hurm in the distance]

Has it seriously been a year already? Damn.

Okay, I have something I'd like to discuss. While I have been largely enjoying Rebirth for its return to heroes being heroes, a refreshing lack of dark and edgy bullshit, and what appears to be something resembling competence from editorial, I gotta say that I am fucking tired of waiting for the main storyline to get going.

So Dr. Manhattan is fucking with the DCU, and this somehow involves the Legion of Super-Heroes, the Justice Society of America, the Titans, and the still extant Flashpoint universe. There is also some dude called Mr. Oz who is apparently in conflict with Dr. M, and he's doing a bunch of stuff to further his own unknown goals.
And that's literally all we know even after a year has passed. Everything that's happened between the start and know feels like padding, and it's annoying as fuck. Get on with it already! This had better be leading to one hell of a payoff, frankly, I'm starting to lose interest.

There is no "main storytline". It's just "DC fixing shit".

Has ANY comic come out since this that was better?

So where do we think Johnny will return?

Seeing how Barry learned of Jay's existence, The Flash may be a fitting place for recovering the JSA.

On the other hand, Johnny Sorrow's mask whispered secrets of "A Lost Society" at the end of JLvSS. That would make JLA a good place to follow up on it as well.

Oh fuck it's been a year?

Saturn Girl is being followed up via Emerald Empress in Supergirl, and her confinement in Batman. King is rumored to be the future LEGION writer, but only time will tell.

Thank you norrin. You gave me an idea after Witchblade i may run a new 52 storytime until Rebirth one shot.

No problem, user.

This.

Fortunately, the solicits of JLA confirm that the Microverse is being explored in August

I ought to catch up on Blue Beetle. I hear it starts off wonky, but has pulled itself together.

All three of these teases are ongoings.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Anxiety Lantern.

Rucka's WW is about to wrap up, and I've really enjoyed it. The parallel stories were confusing at first, but over time it became more necessary.

I honestly don't mind if babby Darkseid and Grail is forgotten about.

Man, Green Arrow Rebirth is rad.

Superman Reborn filled in this question (though the Supergirl ongoing was much less vague.)

Still waiting for this...
I hope Stjepan Sejic draws the wedding/consummation issue.

>though the Supergirl ongoing was much less vague.)
After reading new 52 supergirl, orlando run was a dissapoinment.
Critically acclaimed writer Steve Orlando (MIDNIGHTER) comes a new beginning for Kara Zor-El in SUPERGIRL VOL. 1, a new series that is sure to appeal to fans of the TV series! Collects SUPERGIRL: REBIRTH #1, SUPERGIRL #1-6.

Really wonder why they waited a year to do Reborn instead of just doing it around the time Rebirth started. Maybe they really had no intention of bringing Superbro back.

Also gotta catch up on Hellblazer. If Seeley isn't doing just one issue, I'll be there.

It's been a year? What the fuck.

Will anyone really miss her? Manhattan is doing us a favor deleting her.

Wally2 is alright.

twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/status/866422517338124288
Looks to be the new writer, not just a single issue.

agreed

I'm glad they waited. Gave readers something to look forward to. You don't want to put your eggs in one basket.

Supergirl's solo comics post-Crisis have basically all been garbage.

Not Really Gates run was decent best part of New of Krypton.

Why even use J'onn and Shazam on the covers if one whole year later, they still haven't showed up anywhere? Getting tired with Rebirth already. The "second wave" was just more Batwank as if we didn't have enough Batman related titles already and still no sign (other than some cruel teasing in the Button) of the heart and soul of the Justice League

youtube.com/watch?v=Mkp8ZdQ9SqI

Still no Etrigan, Martian Manhunter, Marvel family (though Sivana got a namedrop in this week's JLA), and Firestorm.

What's Shazam doing there?

It still hurts

feel free to reply with thoughts about the status of advertised ongoings.