Silver Sable, Black Cat Movie Finds Director with 'Secret Life of Bees' Filmmaker

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spinoff-silver-sable-black-cat-movie-finds-director-secret-life-bees-filmmaker-1007556
>Gina Prince-Bythewood, who wrote and directed The Secret Life of Bees, will direct Silver and Black, Sony’s Spider-Man offshoot that centers on characters Silver Sable and the Black Cat.

>Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal are producing the project, which has an October 2018 release date and is planning for a fall start.

>Chris Yost, who worked on the upcoming Marvel movie Thor: Ragnarok, is writing the most recent draft. Lisa Joy, the co-creator of HBO’s Westworld, also worked on the script.

>Sony is rebooting Spider-Man this summer with Spider-Man: Homecoming, and hopes to launch a slate of Spider-Man related movies. The first project, Venom, is already off and running, having snagged Tom Hardy as star and Ruben Fleischer as director. While Spider-Man is firmly in Marvel’s cinematic universe, Sony’s offshoots will stand apart.

This makes just as much sense as the Halle Berry Catwoman movie
Stop fucking shit up Sony

They're actually doing it, the absolute madmen!

Sony is absolutely burning the Spider-Man franchise to the ground.

I love it.

>Amy Pascal is producing

Is she the crazy one that fucks everything up? Didn't she want like a Spiderman cinematic universe with two different Spidermans?

If so, then oh boy. I can't wait.

She's also thirsty as fuck for Feige.

>Silver Sable and Black Cat movie

You just know they're gonna cast a nigger for either of them. Maybe both of them.

>turn my Marvel waifu black Cat into a black character

Don't let this happen

Sony what the fuck are ypu doing?!! No one wants these novies if no spiderman.

They are going bankrupt.

Not Feige

Paul Feig, director of Ghostbusters. Considerably worse. She thinks Feige was unfair in the Spider-Man deal

Yeah sure Carlos

But she's got "Black" in her name
So she has to be black otherwise it's racist
And you're racist for making any objection even though it makes no sense

People actually got mad at Matthew McConaughey being cast as "The Man in Black"

>No one wants these novies if no spiderman.
>They are going bankrupt.

So they should commit fully to it then

>But she's got "Black" in her name
>So she has to be black otherwise it's racist

No Black Widow seems to be in the clear

MCU BTFO

literally everyone has a female superhero movie but you

How often has Marvel swapped the race of the MAIN character in their films?

This is Sony, though.

>They are going bankrupt.
Yes Sony, keep going!

>While Spider-Man is firmly in Marvel's cinematic universe, Sony's offshoots will stand apart.
So it doesn't matter either way

You didn't read the email with Feige about the hotel room?

>While Spider-Man is firmly in Marvel's cinematic universe
Only Spider-Man Homecoming is in the MCU so they can use RDJ to jumpstart Sony's Marvel Universe (SMU). Every Spider-Man movie afterward isn't going to be part of the MCU.

Who the fuck would want this movie?

The Harley Quinn audience, duh.

>A Spider-Man cinematic universe
Mite be cool
>Without Spider-Man
Oh...uh...
>And Sony is behind it

Ugh, they're really serious about this now don't they? Sony must be really desperate.

Between Amy Pascal, Avi Arad and the idiots at WB, who would you ahve produce your favourite surerhero movie?

I've found that Amy Pascal is my ticket to millionaireship.

I will send her e-mails daiy about my stupid scripts until she decides one them not really a turd but a genius that has to be made a movie.

>company wars
Nice butthurt, bro. Pity that it doesn't solve Marvel's problems.

I think Sony is under the impression that Spider-Man being in the MCU amounts to nothing more than a crossover cameo, while everybody else in the world assumes that Spider-Man is now firmly in the MCU and Sony has lost creative control of the character.

I think.

I really hope you're actually doing that, because godspeed user I know you'll make it someday.

Let's fucking do this.

We should create 2 barebone scripts, one for Superior Foes of Spiderman, propose based cast and Guy Ritchie as the director, and another one with the adventures of Ezekiel, with the plot twist that he is actually Peters grandpa etc.

So two 300-pound urbanite trannies braying insults at each other and everyone else while the have wacky races on fatscooters?

What's the story?

>yfw Sony pulls Spider-man out of the MCU after the 2 movie deal
>Spidey cinematic universe

Worth it just for the MCU-kiddies meltdown

>>Secret Life of BEEEEEES

A meltdown rivaling Ghostbusters and The Emoji Movie. Sony wouldn't be stupid enough to do that again.

You're shitting me. What went down.

What?
Sony owns Spider-man. Disney and Marvel are borrowing him, that's all.

That's not how everybody else perceives the situation.
They all think that Sony is handing the reins over to Marvel. Sony doesn't see it that way, but nobody else sees it Sony's way.

There is only ONE actress that's fit to play Black Cat! I will accept nothing less!

My girlfriend likes bees. Sell me on the Secret Life of Bees.

>Daddario seducing 15 year old Peter
y e s
y e e e s s s s
y ey yy ye e e e s s s s s s ss

I was wondering why this sounded familar.

>Black Panther
>Avengers: Infinity War
>Ant-Man & The Wasp
>Aquaman
>Deadpool 2
>New Mutants
>X-Men: Dark Phoenix
>Venom
>Silver & Black

2018 is getting packed.

Is there any possible story line that isn't about them bonding over daddy issues?

Hahaha DC is so pathetic

We have memed the presidential race.
I guess we can easilty pull it off.

Oh God. You can almost see which ones will bomb and which ones won't.

There's no Peter in the Spider-man Supporting Character Cinematic Universe. The SSCCU is everything Spider-man without the Spider-man.

Not going Full Cartman and sending her thousands of inane plots, all starring Adam Sandler?

>Disappearing Acts (2000)
>Love & Basketball (2000)
>The Secret Life of Bees (2008)
>Beyond the Lights (2014)

That's...quite an interesting choice

What's even the point?

The only good that will come from this will be that maybe this will be the impetus to drop (and hopefully retcon away via Skrull or Space Phantom or something) the retarded "Black Cat as a crime lord" bullshit and move her back to her anti-heroic thief self.

>Captain Marvel 2019
>Brie Larson as Carol Danvers
what?

From the current state of sony I am assuming someone is already doing this.

>She thinks Feige was unfair in the Spider-Man deal
I remember the email where Pascal and Sony offered Marvel Studios/Disney to have Spider-Man for only a couple BILLIONS of dollars (and Sony would still keep all merchandise rights). And Sony was surprised when they refused the dickslap-esque deal.

The only ones who will have a meltdown are the kikes at Sony after their stocks tank from such a monumentally stupid decision.

Good idea, user. Any ideas for an authentically Eastern-European actress to be Silver Sable?

Or the plot is about Silver Sable as the heroine, taking on the crime-boss version of Black Cat.

It's not very difficult, is it?

Sony is dead set and going bankrupt isn't it?

Elizabeth Olsen's accent was both cringe worthy yet boner inducing in Avengers. I want to give her another chance.

Black Cat will be white and Silver Sable will be black. Neither of them will be sexualized. It will make zero dollars. Screencap this post.

If Emoji movie flops they're in deep shit

Is the Playstation division still the only profitable division in Sony?

I don't see it flopping any more than critically.
I expect it to make back its budget in the first weekend.

So long as it doesn't take her away from her Avengers role, this would also be a good choice.

I thought it would be DC but maybe I was wrong.

Maybe SONY is the one that's gonna poison the cape movie brand.

An influx of BEES ought to fix the problems!

Please, there's no way both are going to stay white.

Damn you for being right! Sony will have no respect for Cat's cleavage! The one thing that makes her an anti-hero!

There's still semi-decent odds that Justice League will be the meteor that kills the dinosaurs.

I doubt it, JL is going to be much safer than the past couple DC movies.