What's the point of reading western comics when every event gets retconned and deaths have no emotional weight because...

What's the point of reading western comics when every event gets retconned and deaths have no emotional weight because they'll always come back to life eventually.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/923850
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Implying every western comic is big two cape comics
>Implying people can't appreciate and indulge in a single run/story for what it's worth if it's done well

Do you mean western cape comics?

What is the point of reading manga when it is just an excuse to fap to underaged girls?

I remember back when Jason Todd's death was one of the big three events people were sure would never be retconned.

what's the point of reading manga when you know they're all going to live happily ever after.

Haven't read a lot of manga have you?
Happily ever after, I wish...

Whose death has been retconned the most?

Joker, probably. Apparently he kept on getting killed early on, only to have the next writer ignore it.

I know this pic is bait, but it bothers me more and more how unrealistic tits look in cape comics and manga, or how both insist that all girls are 38DDs unless the comic is about little girls in the case of manga, or a character that isn't 18 yet in cape stuff (18 being that magic moment when their tits explode outwards).

What's the point of reading eastern manga when every event gets retconned and deaths have no emotional weight because they'll always come back to life eventually.

It made for a good story.

They usually shrink a bit if the reader base is adult rather than the kids/youth of action manga or cape comics.

>every event gets retconned and deaths have no emotional weight because they'll always come back to life eventually.

You weeaboos have a weird selective memory.

>Dragonball is the only manga
>Not reading Berserk, Vagabond, or FMA

I'm just using the most popular example to make OP's argument even sillier.

>Berserk
A bunch of red shirts get killed, and since then it's been nothing but Guts and his indestructible child-adventuring party and their saucy PG adventures.

Also, if you get to use adult outliers like Berserk and Vagabond, I get to use Hellboy/BPRD and 100 Bullets.

I'll just suggest y'all read Barakamon nyaa.si/view/923850

Because the cape books are owned by corporations that have vast roots on other media. They feed off one another to garner profit. Someone's used in a movie that was dead? Bring them back. Fan outcry (real or trolls)? Change it. Hidden agendas? Add them.

It's far more complicated than changing something that's basically over eventually , creator owned and, this may sting and I'm sorry to say this, is still a niche market (when compared to United States sales).

Plus comics and the characters are more well known. A parent who buys a random comic isn't going to pick up Bleach over Batman or Superman.

I would day there's manga that breaks this mold, like DBZ and maybe Attack on Titan. But the minority doesn't control the market.

Good bait. 9/10

It's the journey, not the destination.

>It's a cape are the only western comics and shounen the only manga thread
Oh joy, i can' t wait to read pages upon pages of baseless generalizations

Jason, Uncle Ben, not sure if the third would be Bucky or Gwen.

I think Uncle Ben is still dead, but vaguely recall them bringing in an alternate reality version that they wandering 616 as a hobo.

What's the point of anything? We're gonna die anyway and our whole lives are just memories.

That's loser talk!
I'm gonna live forever!

What's the point of reading eastern comics when authors are compelled to continue their series indefinitely, wasting time with countless filler events, pointless deaths and resurrections, and years-long boat rides in order to delay the ending for as long as possible?

That's only a handful of mangos desu

thank god i like both fuck you

but in dragon ball universe there is not emotional weight, being dead on DB is like going on a vacation

this, corporations make eternal franchises that they keep investing, you can also crossover your heroes that way.

Manga get published as long it is popular within their audience, this way the author has to keep being creative. On comics they keep adding more and more writers to keep their product relevant.

Cape Manga superior

I don't think there is a point, honestly - at least not with the Big Two.

All the things I hate about comics are things that happened due to a writer or artist change ruining a character I liked. That is something that basically doesn't happen in manga, ever.

cute

But do japanese mangas have summer adventures?!

Does this have breast envy

The multi-author 70+ years of narratives on occasion open up some interesting multiverse stories that pull up interesting moments from their own long and crazy histories instead of out of their asses - when it's done well, it can trigger this "holy shit they remembered THAT" feel which probably tickles the same parts of the brain that likes it when somebody unexpectedly remembers something about you you thought everyone had forgotten or never cared about.

>The west only has capeshit

Ain't a fan of how that artist draws Power Girl's face.

Not every comic book is a cape comic you retarded Sup Forumsnon. How come Sup Forums gets to make low effort shitpost threads here but no one can even mention anything semi Sup Forums related there without being banned instantly?

Uncle Ben and the Waynes will always be dead

To see all the suffering that leads up to the happy ending.

What's the point of watching anime when they all look and feel the same??

It's basically the choice of watching the same western character over and over or a slightly reskinned version of the same eastern character over and over.

DBZ is one of the few anime where people don't die if they're killed.

You are using Maken-Ki! to compare with PG but not using Aki-sensei???
WTF is wrong with you???