That episode when Pharaoh Bob enslaved the entire student body to build a giant mud pyramid and the teachers didn't do...

>that episode when Pharaoh Bob enslaved the entire student body to build a giant mud pyramid and the teachers didn't do shit

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/7884013
google.com/maps/place/Portage Central Elementary School/@42.1943724,-85.5926539,147m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x228a5ac4e927ac02!8m2!3d42.1949233!4d-85.5906382
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He wuz kangz

What would his future career be?

I'd say he grows up to be an office drone who looks back to 6th grade as the peak of his life.

President

We were monarchs and pooooop

Isn't recess like 15 or 20 minutes for public schools?
How's they ever manage half the shit they did?

Sells beepers.

>mud pyramid
Funny, because those exist.

Emperor Bob.

They joke about this in one ep, time moves slower for kids. 3 years seemed like the longest time for 10 year olds but it speeds by now

Fucking Bob Pataki....

In the show it was 40 minutes, which I guess was more the norm back in the 90s.

Also

yeah but you know how in that cartoon they also found a book that talked about another king that ruled during the great depression

im sure the teachers are used to this shit so they just let them be

One of my favorite episodes - basically about how the rule of law sometimes needs change because it doesn't reflect the times

perfect

I love how unbelievably big the playground is. It has

>basketball courts
>kickball diamond
>Big Rusty, which is ginormous
>swing sets
>big rolling fields of grass, which includes enough space for a full soccer field
>space for The Ashleys' clubhouse
>space for the diggers to dig
>a whole reservation for the kindergarteners

I really wish there was an official map of the playground. Pic related isn't even one tenth of the whole thing.

Your probably right. Jesus that's depressing. how many of us even remember 6th grade that well?

when I was in elementary back around '90 we had about 50min of recess time not including 20 min of dedicated lunch time, around 20 min mid morning break 30 min after/before lunch(2 lunch "shifts" split by grade).
the childhood obesity rate in America tracks the decline in recess time but there's more money in blaming fast food than acknowledging schools trying to reduce liability by fucking kids and chase diminishing test score returns on study time.

It's food and exercise. Your choice of diet and exercise habits are both important to maintain a healthy weight but it's very easy to get into a diet that no amount of exercise will fix. Just go look up how many calories a bunch of exercises burn vs how many calories are in a fast food meal.

And it's the school food too. For most schools it's ultra-processed slop. Their idea of a vegetable serving is some sour lettuce and diced tomatoes in a tiny cup. And of course kids will tend to flock to the most unhealthy stuff on the menu like pizza and chicken nuggets because that's the easiest for them to choke down. And I don't even mean that in a "kids are picky eaters" sort of way. When I have kids if their school lunches are anything like what I grew up with I'll FORBID them to eat it.

Did you grow up in a city?

Yeah, Detroit.

Tragic, comedic, fitting, but also somewhat relatable.

I grew up in a small rural town and the playground of the show seemed quite standard to me. We had all those things, plus the big spaces of empty grass between them.

I moved/switched schools several times growing up, and most of the schoolyards definitely seemed big enough to hold all that stuff, as far as I can remember. Most of that was usually undeveloped (but mowed) grass/fields though.

Oh man, do city kids not get real playgrounds?

I lived in the city and got a large playground like the one in the show

I only got a parking lot, no grass at all. It was shit

This is going to turn into the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch.

Do you know how much power he'd have to give up to become president?

glad my whole life has been shit, at-least I don't have to deal with nostalgia

Just kids being kids

You son of a bitch how did I never notice the resemblance.

I grew up in North London. My playground in primary school wasn't like Third Street playground big, but it was still sizeable. Had a basketball area, 2 climbing frames, plenty of space in betewen, and a football field right at the bottom that had astroturf put in right after I moved to secondary school.

Grew up in a big city and had none of that.
Our "playground" was completely paved over.

I was bullied in sixth grade.

That's right, user. I spent 75 recesses creating a series of mud pyramids, all just to tick Principal Prickley off.

Yeah, my elementary school had a playground like that. It was great.

A few years ago they build a new gymnasium in the middle of it. Tragic.

Reminder this is canon

There's multiple eps where they try to get from one side of the playground to the other and it's an arduous journey that requires supplies

What was Lawson's problem?

archiveofourown.org/works/7884013

Our playground had a forest and a soccer field.

Ours functionally had four 'biomes': a desert shrub-hill/industrial waste trough, eucalyptus woodlands, a mile-square sports field, and two jungle gyms.

There was also a tarmac section.

20 minutes in the morning; half-hour after lunch.
What kind of shitty school did you go to?

back to Sup Forums please

When I lived in the city, our school had a gravel field. When I moved to the suburbs, it was all grass.
Where I live now, the school is adjacent to a park/recreational complex with a stadium, tennis courts and a bunch of astroturf fields, so lucky them.

Recess was more about satantic ritual abuse than it is about public education system

Looking back on it we definitely had a big enough playground/field to fit all that, it was probably one of the largest in the area. As 10 year olds it took us about 45 minutes to run a whole lap around it.
But ee had zero of that shit on it.

Just two patches of tarmac, a patch of woodland that was basically our jungle gym, more trees, 3 mounds, and a random wall.
That said it was pretty fun.

Didn't Gus do that as well?

>first school had outdoors ice hockey rink (doubled as a football arena during spring/autumn), swing set and woods that led to river (later fenced off after one retard tried to drown himself)
>second one had two playgrounds, one for 6-9 year olds, another for 10-12 year olds, no other special features beyond this one place where there was a hole in the fence
>middle school had a gravel covered field, part of river bench and a fenced off containment zone for retards

My school had a weird design. It was big as fuck, and had to sections. One for preschoolers and another one for kids in primary school.
Each one had its own recess, but the one for the preschoolers was huge. They built a sport complex in the middle of it and it was still humongous.
The one for primary school, though not as big, was still pretty big. There was a small "forest", two fields in which to play football and basketball and there was still some terrain left for kids to found their own "personal clubhouses".

we wuz tumblr and sheit

I think we had all of that except the basketball court. Our jungle gym was about three times the size of old rusty, though.

>offtopic shit
remove your balls with a rusty knife

google.com/maps/place/Portage Central Elementary School/@42.1943724,-85.5926539,147m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x228a5ac4e927ac02!8m2!3d42.1949233!4d-85.5906382

That was my school playground growing up. It had all of that shit, along with a now-gone gigantic wooden jungle gym that took up nearly all of that sandy area.

I know I do

> You will never see Gretchen wear a grass skirt and coconut bra

back to tumblr

>that episode where Finster stuck TJ in a box and psychologically broke him

Not "a box"

THE Box!

remember that it's just four dumb lines painted on the ground...pppffftttt,4th graders think they're better than everyone

I want someone to make a Battle Royale comic or fanfic with the Recess kids.

I also want a crossover comic with Codename: Kids Next Door.

Reminder that Gus Griswald is the greatest dodgeball player in all if fiction

Who would win in a fight: El Diablo or Safety Man?

>newfags trying to police boards
Kek.

This was a good episode. It was damn weird when you realized your teachers were actual human beings.

Who'd a thunk it?

>Gilf
>Loli
Well now, now wonder my dad, uncle, and cousins got sent to jail for watching this episode.

Murica?
UK?
Down Under?

I kind of want a shirt that says that now.

>that one episode where gus became a hustler

Not exactly, but he did
>become a despot
>institute a cookie tax of 2 cookies per day per kid
>sentence a first grader to hard labor because he didn't have any cookies to pay the tax since his mom never let him eat cookies
>throw all his friends in jail
>threw a few dozen other kids in jail alongside them
>sicced a dodgeball firing squad upon the student body

Shit, I'm surprised he didn't have to change his name and move to Argentina after this episode.
>demanded that all third, fourth and fifth graders help dig a cookie mine
>order every kid to start recess by singing a song praising him
>decorate the playground with Orwellian Pro-Gus propaganda
>enslaved kids to build a giant statue of him made out of mud

Obligatory: >I'll let you in on a little secret, Detweiller. Every adult you've ever known was a kid at sometime in his life. You think we don't remember summer vacation? Riding our bikes down the creek. Catching polliwogs in a jar. Camping out under the stars. Well you're wrong! Sometimes I sit there in my office, looking out at you kids in the playground and I think, "They don't know how good they got it. In a few years, they'll be grownups like me and all those good times will be memories for them, too". So go ahead. Put a whoopie-cushion in my chair.Have rough sex with Spinelli in the jungle gym. Put fake vomit on my carpet. Make fun of my "big, saggy butt". But don't ever say I don't care about summer vacation, 'cause those memories are the only part of childhood I got left.

Politician. I'm guess congressman.

>that episode when Vince's older brother was Urkel.

Whenever someone on Sup Forums talks about Chad this is who they're talking about.

The principal was so based.

>Have rough sex with Spinelli in the jungle gym
This was a good episode.

Either this or a office-boss in said company.

I remember 6th grade, I don't want to but I do.
I was a fucking edge lord dressing only in black and complaining how being in a social setting forced human interaction. I was insistent on the fact that dogs were the worst thing ever and everyone should accept cats as superior.
I even think I found homestuck then
Just end my life already.

>I was insistent on the fact that dogs were the worst thing ever and everyone should accept cats as superior.
Jesus Christ you're a faggot.

Just imagine the talks the teachers were having in the break room
>Oh look, kids are at it again
>What is it this time?
>Well, one of them seems to have installed himself as a despot of the playground and is now ruling tyrannically over the other kids
>Is he forcing them to stay out when recess ends?
>Well no but...
>Not our problem then

>Well, one of them seems to have installed himself as a despot of the playground and is now ruling tyrannically over the other kids
>Didn't he do that last week?
>No, that was a different kid

He was #1

I see stay at home dad, for some reason.

He voted for Hillary and they were all Trump supporters.

That's not gretchen.