Cars 1 gets way too much shit

It's a good movie, made with a lot of heart. And also a hell of a lot better than the absolute shitshow that was Cars 2.

Looking back at it now it wasn't really bad, just clearly a passion project appealing to a niche demographic.

Plus it has finding nemo and the incredibles right behind it to compare it to

I unironically enjoyed Cars 2, only problem was that McQueen was inside.

A lot of people were salty over the characters being cars, but considering the main plot line it made sense.

If the characters were human, but with the same cars, it'd be hailed as a masterpiece

It was a big miscalculation; they thought Mater was the second coming of Goofy and could carry a movie by himself. He's a fine secondary character, but in the spotlight he just gets too abrasive soon

I loved both of them. I don't give a single fuck about people looking at me funny going to see the third one in theatres as a grown man all by myself. These movies are just as good as the other Pixar features. Cars 2 was sweet too, with Lightning and Mater's friendship and all that jazz.

I thought he handled it pretty well. I never understood what the critics ripped it apart. It could get slow at times and the tone was weird compared to the first one, but Mater was still the same and lovable Mater from the first movie. The plot was coherent, and the action was great, I don't see the confusion here.

No, it's would be a forgettable 80's movie.

I like Cars mostly because I love California and Nevada.

Y'know, I liked the whole story about a big shot guy being humbled by small town America, and the focus on how towns rely heavily on a single industry. What has honestly surprised me is that the media hasn't been blowing Pixar, saying that Cars 1 predicted the rise of Trump or shit like that.

I'm pretty sure it was Cars 2 that caused the amounts of hate. When they made the Planes movies that only made it into more of a self parody.

It would be Doc Hollywood

No, Cars was always disliked for being a step down compared to the Toy Stories, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.

It's just a very cliche and predictable story outside of McQueen not winning the final race.

I just love route 66 Americana in general

It wasn't as good as Pixar's other movies at the time, but I like it still.
There was a special feature on the DVD about why they made the film about Route 66 and how they developed the movie from personal experiences. I think that made me appreciate it more.

>I don't give a single fuck about people looking at me funny going to see the third one in theatres as a grown man all by myself.
it is very awkward to put it just like that

All of those normies and their uggs. These are the superior shoes

I dont think im going to watch Cars 3, polish Matter's VA passed away recently and now he has different voice.

It's just not the same.

Cars 1 was a fun movie, too bad Pixar realized they had a merchandise giant on their hands and churned out a shitty set of sequels.

nah, this movie is fucking awful. i can't imagine why anyone would ever want to watch or rewatch it.
fucking larry the cable guy and fucking OWEN wilson. insufferable from the fucking get go. then its about an autistic kid's wet dream that people r cars now durr look at all da wacky shit cars do that people ALSO do! haha!

i fucking hate this movie. also, the guy who runs pixar? it's his FAVOURITE shit ever. hes got like 100 fucking buttonup shirts in the cars design. why? WHY? fuck cars

That wasn't the problem. The problem was that the first movie was a nicely put together jerk with a heart of gold story and the second was some slapdash """spy""" movie with all the cliches.

you sound like the biggest fucking spaz on the thread.

i think it was the othr way around, disney asked for easily marketable movie and boom, they got Cars.

Why is Cars 2 hated? Personaly I loved it because it was GREAT parody of spy movies.\
The first one was cool in setting, with charming characters,illed with great details but overwall boring.

The creator wanted to make a cool world about cars. It was PLANED to have 5 movies and TV series.

There is nothing wrong with Owen Wilson or Larry the Cable guy

>comedy relief: the movie.

Does this nswers your question?
shit... disney is gonna swim in dough

He's a whatever the anthropomorphic car equivalent of a furry is.

That's objectively wrong. One is a shitty actor, the other a shitty comedian. In a truly just world they would be performing at a local small-town theater and a local small-town comedy club respectively. Instead of inflicting their "craft" upon worldwide audiences.

FLOAT LIKE A CADILLAC
STING LIKE A BIMMER