Pymtron

Why didn't you save his smile?

How are my Pymfags doing?

>Spencer brought up the slap
>again
PYMFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

but he brought it up as commentary on WHY it's always brought up. He called Tony out on doing worse (but left out the really bad stuff) and said that it's a problem with Marvel always bringing up that one event.

Even Lang gives him the respect he deserves inb4 no one cares about Lang

>The only likable character in Secret Empire is an unhinged Hank Pym fused to Ultron, who is shat on by everybody else and likley wont appear again.

I get its supposed to be dark, but can't Spencer give us someone to root for? Sam's a quitter, AI Tony's an asshole, The Resistance are the Champions, Hydracap's becoming more of a poorly disguised Nazi by the day and everyone else is kept separate from the plot through Space walls and Dark Dimension New York.

I dunno, i'm actually rooting for hydracap

And thats indicative of how badly Spencer's writing the story.

I haven't been following up the story, when and how hank become one with his evil robot son ? What happened and is this ultron with half of his father's personal or the other way around ;

Lang was the most polite, diplomatic and smartest person in that room.

He also treated Hank with respect and was sincere.

That is why he got the cosmic cube shard and Pymtron didn't let Hydra Cap and his team hurt Scott and his.

In Rage of Ultron, Remender's last Marvel story and maybe his greatest, Hank and Ultron merge. Starfox uses his love powers to force Pymtron to love himself and since neither Ultron nor Pym is capable of self lover they fly off and turn off.

Now it's not known who's in control but it seems like a bit of both.

The issue itself was a nice highlight for Lang in general

Lang vs O'Graddy had some cool panels

Yeah, but the Ultron side pretty much tells Steve he did that so the two side would end up killing each other in the long run.

Was there a reason why Lang couldnt go giant in his solo series? There were several occasions in which it could have been useful. I stopped reading it by the time of secret wars btw.

He just doesn't like going giant. I remember him giving a whole spiel as to why he hates being giant, I think in the Annual.

why should i? he was right .

can we get a Pymtron reading order please? which titles/issues should i follow?

Already read Rage of Ultron and I fuckin loved it

Meh, already used to this. Marvel loves to shit on good characters and push the bad one. It's not that bad anyway, is not like Marvel is any good anymore.

But at the same time saying this, he also kind of gives suggestions to Steve that she knows he's evil and his fascist nation is going to crash someday right ?

Is there a storytime of this?

Personally I'm rooting for the mutants since it's basically the Hellfire club in charge and doing right by the mutants.

Rage of Ultron
Duggan's Uncanny Avengers
Secret Empire #4

I think that's it.

No? I mean you could read it that way though. I guess it's up to interpretation.

I just read the storytime in the archives. Hot damn was this a good issue. I was worried because I saw people trotting out "the slap" page, but as usual folks were just misrepresenting the issue to generate faux outrage.

The human half of his mouth should be glowing too. It would have made him even more creepier.

>He called Tony out on doing worse (but left out the really bad stuff)
Like? Also what issue

Nigger are you serious

He's a weapons designer with a serious alcohol problem.

He imprisoned heroes in a gulag set in the fucking Negative Zone

He lost control of the country to Norman fucking Osborne

He made a retarded plan to fly a giant robot into the Phoenix which created the Phoenix Five and the death of Xavier

He chimped out on Carol over doing exactly what he did when given the smallest modicum of power, which directly led to Cap being able to take over

He got all of San Francisco addicted to a super drug and then held them hostage with it

He blew up like three planets during the Incursions but then blamed Namor like a bitch. Let's not also forget that he fucked with Cap's mind, gee doesn't that sound familiar.

I think interpreting Pymtron is pretty difficult at this point. Is he Ultron who thinks he's Pym? Is he a combination of both of their personalities? Are both personalities battling for supremacy?

It could be the Ultron personality giving a sinister interpretation of the Pym personality's actions.

Check the archive, should still be there.

Honestly, I was hoping for Pymtron to be more than just another villain, but I guess there's still time for another writer to come in and do something interesting with him/them/whatever.

But he is more than just a villain, user? I mean, we still don't REALLY know who exactly is in the driver's seat. Is it a stressed-out Pym? An unhinged Ultron? Or an Ultron that's convinced himself he IS Pym? He's simultaneously in love with the Avengers and yet despises them too. To say he's "Just another villain" makes me wonder if we even read the same book.

I really like Pymtron, it breathes new life in Pym and Ultron that feels like it's actually trying to say something. Yeah yeah I know, Pym deserves a happy end, but it's stuff like these that makes reading comics actually fun somehow.

This, Tony is a far worse person than Hank.
Agreed, Duggan seemed to handle him as a villain but Spencer handled him much more like Yellowjacket-Pym

Would you read a story about Pymtron saving the world by slapping the criminals?

He also created a killer synthoid Thor double who murdered a giant black man and then more or less told everyone to get over it when they asked what exactly the fuck sort of plan that was.
Even Thor himself who had to beat an apology out of him and some respect into him.

Brought up by Tony (fuck being an AI, it's still Tony for all intents and purposes) of all people, someone who was culpable of far worse shit.

Lang actually talking to him like a person and not fucking lambasting or alienating him to snap him out of his rage showed that, if anything, how shitty everyone else has been compared to Pym over the years. Yeah, he also fucked up in creating Ultron itself, but nearly every single one of his former teammates have upstaged him in doing numerous shitty things at this point, as pointed out by Pymtron himself.

It's like Pym pseudo-unbirthed his son Ultron back inside of him

i'm glad people had such a positive reception to pymtron in secret empire 4. i honestly really enjoy the character and hope they keep him in a state of psychotic ambivalence like they did in this issue. it would suck if he just devolved into a motivationless mustache-twirling villain that hates the avengers for the past. this issue shows him very clearly capable of looking towards the future and having a grand design that's nonetheless informed by his past relationships. hopefully the potential timeliness cap saw while being hurled into the future by the shattered time gem will still come to pass, and the perfect ultron universe with the classic ultron avengers will be a thing.

>it would suck if he just devolved into a motivationless mustache-twirling villain that hates the avengers for the past.
Duggan didn't do it well. But Spencer seems to get Lang at least and by extension Pym to some extent (though only the Yellowjacket stuff it seem, but the Annual did give me hope).

As much hate as Soule gets here I think he could write a nuanced Pym. He does better with smaller stories and likes depressing stories. So I think he could do a decent Pymtron story. As long as he only progresses it and doesn't end it, cause this story is far from over.

DC fag here. Barely read any marvel, I'm new to western comics.
I've been following secret empire because of the buzz around it.
Pymtron is easily the most fun character in it. And not only in a funny way, I genuinely think he has potential.

I have heard that compare to Reed, Hank is actually a pretty good husband, that Reed is the real abusive one ,is it true ? If it is, how is Sue still with him ?

It's not true and just a meme started by Pymfags. The worst you could say about Reed is that he gets too wrapped up in his work and that comes at the expense of spending time with Sue.

more he's just neglectful, then makes up for it and apologizes and he shapes his penis to Sue's desires and they fugg

Reed was a terrible husband until Hickman took him over. Not just neglectic but autistically so. He didn't even know he had kids at times.

Pym was a terrible husband WITH JAN. She and him were terrible with each other from the initial creation. But you look at Pym with Tigra and it was a very loving and well balanced relationship.

Wasn't O'Grady an Avenger as well?

Secret Avenger

Maria Hill is going to save the day

Oh fuck you that's a lie, Hickman's the one who made him an autist. He never forgot he had kids, either, that's a fucking parody gag.

Anyone else miss Pym's Mighty Avengers?

yep

Slott did good with the Avengers.

Mighty
Initiative

Not really. I never felt comfortable with how much it sucked Pym's dick. It felt like it was overcompensating for other writers, kind of like how DC is currently treating Aquaman with the whole "no really he's the coolest hero ever and there is nothing silly about him at all SO BADASS~." I like my Pym suffering, at least a little bit.

That was Reed, actually.

Wasn't it a group project between the two and the Skrull Pym?

Chthonda is interesting. It looks like he got fucked over by Eliza after following his dick.

I more and more think he didn't possess Wanda, Eliza put him in her to eliminate two threats at once and have leverage over him.

I think Chthon is going to have to bargain with Wanda to get free from Madame Bitchra.

Yes

Hanktron
PymUlt