The Foolish Samurai Cut

I am currently uploading a fan edit of the Samurai Jack finale to MEGA. I tried my best to improve the episode.

Here are the changes:

>Original Jack vs Aku fight
>After Aku dies he fades from existence
>Jack remembers Ashi and his friends from the future

Since these are just minor changes I want to encourage you guys to add on to the edit.
What clips would you add to improve the finale Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!xPgkRZIZ
mega.nz/#F!xPgkRZIZ!598n1zWQgLCNaJVoSLzmww
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Jack remembers Ashi and his friends from the future
But that was exactly what the ladybug at the end represented. He DOES remember Ashi and his friends, and he cherishes those memories since that's the only way they'll live on.

Shhh, let the dumb think they're clever. They'll throw a shit fit otherwise.

The ladybug represents a new beginning. Having been a paradox, all traces of the future were slowly erased from reality like Ashi was. By the time Jack sees the ladybug even his memories are erased and that's why he smiles at the very end - he finally forgot everything he was sad about.

I wanted to show what was going on in his mind but yeah I understand that it's better to imagine it.
Thanks for the constructive criticism

Did it hurt to pull this much shit out of your ass?

This. Seems like an incredibly contrived explanation.

Jack literally kills Aku in the end there's no way he forgot about everything. At the end Jack is smiling because Aku's grasp on the past, present, and future is no more.

No more than it hurt Genndy to write the crap we saw

You really need to explain this further.

This is everything I added. So I need more stuff?
I probably wont edit this again. Again, I am encouraging my fellow Sup Forumsmrades to add onto this edit.

>there will be no more of the future that is Aku
It hurts man

Greg Baldwin did a great job as Aku.
I gotta say that I agree with TeaCupBallerina.
An Aku spinoff on Adult Swim would be great.
They should play up the adult comedy elements since Aku is a funny character.

AKU SPINOFF WHEN?

Dubs confirm, make it happen Adult Swim

His killing Aku in the past erased his effect on the future, as we see from Ashi disappearing. Her taking so long to vanish can only imply the paradox correction process takes an extended time.

Furthermore, since Aku never lived long enough to dominate and take over the world, the future Jack was sent to technically does not exist, so that entire phase of his life could not have happened.

Taking all this into account, we can only assume reality rewrote itself in such a way to allow Jack to exist and return to defeat Aku, yet not in such a way to allow Ashi to continue existing.

The most logical conclusion we can draw from this is that Jack's experience was entirely rewritten: Aku's initial spell did send him to the future, but it was a pleasant, Aku-free future. In this alternate future he found some means of returning to the past (perhaps by the now intact guardian portal, thus explaining his battle-damaged state on return and closing up the plothole left by the version of events we were shown) and slayed Aku.

What we see in the ladybug scene is whatever force that erased Ashi finally caught up to Jack and rewrote his memories, thus at that point he recalls this pleasant alternate future where everything is well, causing him to realize there is nothing to be upset about and allowing him to move on with his life.

The ladybug itself is used as symbolism for starting over; it was used for Ashi to signify that the knowledge and experiences of her past were a lie, and is again used for Jack upon his revelation that the future he experienced was also a lie, and on a third meta level it was used for the audience to let us know the all the knowledge and experiences we accumulated from watching this show were a lie.

after credits scene where it's revealed that aku actually survived and opens a time portal to another timeline

>Aku's initial spell did send him to the future, but it was a pleasant, Aku-free future.
That's... not how ANY of that works. Sorry, user.

>implying any of it worked to begin with

As horrifying as this prospect would be, I hope at some point our species learns about time travel so that we can at least nail down how the rules work.

We do know how it works. By traveling near the speed of light a particle will experience none of the effects of time while the rest of space does, allowing that particle to "travel" to the future. "Traveling" to the past is impossible. Jack should've never come back.

>dude wants to see how a time paradox works
>does something small just to test it, like moving a piece of furniture a week ago
>Time stops for ever because of some jackass fucking with the timeline

It's almost done uploading.

You dont honestly believe time travel is possible do you?

Would people have been more satisfied if they'd had an epilogue where they show the changed future?

I didn't really think the show needed a concrete ending in the first place, but I'm not entirely sure what would have satisfied

Get out of here with your passive aggressive comments, you cum gargling slut.

Probably.

I didn't think it needed an ending either though.

It's done uploading. Do any Sup Forumsmrades want to help edit this? A lot of people wanted this episode to be a two parter. I want this episode to not feel rushed. What clips should be added to make the episode longer?

mega.nz/#F!xPgkRZIZ

Sorry I made a mistake here's the link with the key:

mega.nz/#F!xPgkRZIZ!598n1zWQgLCNaJVoSLzmww

It wouldn't have fixed all the other problems, but it would've at least given closure for the future characters, which was probably the biggest issue that people had with the ending.

I'm curious about what you've cooked up, but there's no way I can download that. Can you upload a mini mkv mirror for anons with shitty internet? Something like 50-300Mb in size?

>someone actually went through all this trouble to upload their shitty fanfic

This is pure tumblr-grade retardation.

I'm trying but the file is too big to download

I prefer the message of hope for a better future rather than seeing the future itself. I feel it's more poignant that way.

I'm redownloading the video.
Will convert to MKV soon.

Can't turn a pile of shit into something people would want to eat user.

The finale was shit and the people on Sup Forums defending it are complete retards who are just sucking Genndy's cock.

>Autism
The ending wasnt good for a multitude of reasons, we get it, but stepping in and making your own "fan cut" is just pathetic.

Op it would have been way easier to just upload your fanfic to youtube and then start the thread with a link

I will upload but I don't want a copyright strike.
Maybe Vidme?