Spider-Man Movies

youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
>Peter, don't tell Harry.
=(

Also post everything relating to the Spider-Man movies that have released as well as not released (so Homecoming is allowed).

>Post things you like.
Raimi flicks had so much heart it's shocking (even Spider-Man 3 had more emotion than the last Webb movie).
Costumes have all been on point (I enjoyed the ASM1 costume but that's just me).
Dafoe as Osborn and Molina as Ock will never be topped.
Dehaan as Harry Osborn in ASM2.

>Post things you dislike.
The plot in ASM2.
The inconsistent story in Spider-Man 3.
Everything involving Peter's parents in ASM.

>Post things you wish you could have changed.
End ASM2 with Harry going full goblin.
Paul Giammati didn't get to do shit as Rhino. We need to fix that.

>Post things you would like to see in the next movie.
Spider-Man being driven crazy by Venom stalking him.
Spidey taking on the Sinister Six (when they've already established the characters).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ac4xamCIgY
youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY
youtube.com/watch?v=n9DwoQ7HWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=SPN1BvR02Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=z9-fhQvYMwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The movie was missing some kind of sex scene between MJ and Gwen.
Y'know, nothing too fancy. Just a two-hour segment of MJ and Gwen going at it in graphic detail, shot on 70mm film so that we might partake in every detail.

I like the cut of your jib.

On a thread note, a lot of indiviuals feel like the Marvel movies don't ever have memorable soundtracks and then I'm reminded that Danny Elfman made a god tier theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ac4xamCIgY

How legit is reddit with leaks? Someone's already spoiling homecumming but minor details like confirming characters or the movie's tone.

>Everything involving Peter's parents in ASM.

I don't get the hate. It's from the comics and an effective way to build up an overarching storyline.

I've read those. Don't think they're real. Way too many contradictions with what has been reported beforehand by actually credible sources.

Very very subjective ratings incoming.
1-10 with 5 being a true average.

>Spider-Man the Animated Series (1994)
Loved it as a kid. Blown away by all the censors as an adult. Turned back around to astonished because they managed to produce a solid show with a shit ton of regulations. Also one of the best adaptations of the Venom story.

>Spider-Man Unlimited
A series that I feel never quite found it's footing but still a solid edition. My headcanon this comes right after animted series.

>Spider-Man - The New Animated Series 2003
Fucking fantastic show that showed an adult-ish Peter kicking ass and taking names. Series never got definitive ending but still a classic.

>Spider-Man 2002
Blew my child mind to kingdom come.

>Spider-Man 2 (2004)
15 year old had zero appreciation for the movie but now I recognize it for the gem it is.

>Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Literally watching this now. Way better than I remember. Biggest issue is that it feels a little cluttered but still enjoyable.

>Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
Quipping Spidey is great. Gwen is solid. Lizard...not so much.

>Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
A movie with so much potential that shot itself in the foot at every turn. Throwing in the Goblin at the very end was completely uneccessary. Killing Gwen was a positive though. I thought it was well done. Web hand and all.

Shit. Actually forgot the numbers. Fuck it then.

This scene will forever be etched into my head as one of the greatest superhero fights as well as one of the biggest displays of superheroism. It was a scene with so much impact that every subsequent Spidey series (ASM and it looks like homecoming) all have their iteration of the "train scene".
youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY

I appreciate that the Raimi movies found ways to make the villains more understandable and human without having to diminish their effectiveness as villains. Goblin, Ock, Sandman, even Harry. They had their reasons, trajectories and defeats befitting of their characters. Even Goblin, the most villainous of them all, had a clear character arc.
In different hands these would be cheap cop-outs but in these movies it brings them closer to Peter's own character and it helps to add at least some level of maturity to otherwise fun comic book movies.

(none of this applies to Venom but fuck him, Sony crammed him in the movie against Raimi's will)

Admittedly Raimi's movies havent aged well, but you got to admit some of those scenes, mixed with a perfect musical score, are downright amazing still to this day. Peter's first swing chasing Bens killer, Spidey vs Doc Ock on the train, still top notch

>Admittedly Raimi's movies havent aged well
Certain scenes, absolutely but still hold up to other cape flicks. I agree with everything else you posted.

Is anyone here actually kinda excited for Homecoming? It seems like Sup Forums is divided on teh topic with some considering it an insult to the movies that came before while others are excited for a version of Peter that isn't just a copy of 616. I'll remain impartial till I see it.
youtube.com/watch?v=n9DwoQ7HWvI

>like
Raimi's atmosphere, visuals (especially the color scheme) and the costume.
>dislike
Sandman being Uncle Ben's real killer. I know that Raimi wanted a forgiveness theme in his movie, but for me it retroactively ruins a powerful scene from a first movie.
>could have changed
Give Goblin a better costume. Raimi is a horror director, he could've had a good creepy Goblin if he actually tried.

I actually really dug ASM2 and I thought Garfield and DeHaan were really good. I thought the two of them had the chops to carry the franchise, although apparently Garfield was already tired of playing Spider-Man, so maybe not.

Having said that, I thought removing Stone from the franchise was a colossally boneheaded move and if anything they should've given her an even bigger role. So there probably wasn't much track left in that runway one way or the other.

Also, I'm the fag that thought web hand was poignant. It's me.

Im divided. On one hand Holland seems like a good Peter/Spidey mix, something the other films were lacking, but on the other this movie feels like a retread (admittedly near impossible not to be). All I want is a fun time, decent Shocker scenes, and for Toomes to live to join the Sinister Six

>Trailer reveals almost all its beats
>Tony being in a good chunk of the film
>Kinda feels like they're merging Miles and Peter's character together (with Ned)
>Movie posters have been pretty shitty
>Spidey isn't allowed to punch (rumor or not)

I'm really nitpicking it and I loved him in Civil War but with everything that's been revealed so far... ehh... cautiously optimistic.

I'm also still trying to get used to his suit. The mask is amazing but I dislike everything else with all those "lines." I will miss the ASM2 costume.

>Tony being in a good chunk of the film

But he's not.

I havn't seen the film so I'm only speculating with Tony ultimately saving the day with the boat, and giving Peter the moral lesson.

Sorry user, AoU really made me sick of seeing Tony being the centre of everything. Although Civil War was fine.

>like
The visuals, the casting, the action, the score, the decisions made to adapt Spider-Man to the big screen in a way that was faithful to the comics and yet unique, Raimi being a goddamn master of camerawork and blending comedic and horror elements as usual, the cheesy effects and lines which are especially endearing today.
Above all, the fact that these movies focused on the heart and struggles of Peter Parker as a character above anything else when other renditions just wanted to cash in on the Spider-Man brand. Watching them now is like going back to a time when comic book movies had to actually work to try and be great since they had a stigma to fight against and were made by people with vision, even if that vision turned out badly.
Also, this
youtube.com/watch?v=SPN1BvR02Xo

>dislike
Sandman turning out to be Ben's killer was almost as stupid as the Joker being the killer of Batman's parents in Batman 89. There were other ways to incorporate forgiveness into Sandman and Peter's character arcs.
Everything about Venom. But that's entirely on Sony's fault for forcing Raimi, who did not like the character, to include him in the first place.
Mary Jane's involvement in these movies. The only thing I'll give ASM over Raimi's films is that Gwen was an honest improvement (even if the romantic subplot was sloppy).

>things you wish you could have changed.
It always irked me that Green Goblin wore the mask most of the time. Here you have an actor with a natural ability to contort his face into a psychotic evil visage, and yet you put him in a Power Rangers costume most of the time.
I honestly would have preferred Dafoe with his face painted green
Also, while I have come to appreciate Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man, I really do wonder how it would have been if Jake Gylleenhaal had been cast in the role instead as it almost happened.

I think going apeshit over posters is stupid, and Tony's already confirmed to have like 6 scenes. My only issue's them spoiling the ship scene. Not that excited because a street level hero feels meh after seeing movies with magic, spies, mormon jesus as a planet, etc but probably still gonna watch along with apes 3.

And yet when it comes to it, it's just such a simple premise. It also had a showcase of so many elements what made Spider-Man great.

It showcases his Spider-Sense, it showcased how people of the "neighbourhood" appreciated him.

I have no idea how Raimi managed to pull off a literal trainwreck with so many subtle emotional moves.

And most of the repeats of this just don't pull of the effect. Maybe it's the soundtrack. Just a god damn brilliant moment I keep gushing over.

NPH best Spidey.
Josh Keaton is number 2.

I was hyped but reading an interview with the director (?) just killed any hope I had for it.
The way they spoke gave the heavy impressions that they where making decisions based on a)creating their own brand identity b)trying to appeal to as many people as possible without thinking about the actual story. Prioritising how the movie will succesfull before the actual movie itself.

I mean, possibly that interview was misrepresentative so it could still turn out well. I'm keeping my expectations low however.

>>Peter, don't tell Harry.

Like many people on this site I kinda have a dream to become an entertaining You Tuber.

Im going to try and follow my dream by posting a comedic retrospective of the spiderman movies before homecoming comes out mainly taking the piss out of the webb films and showing why the raimi films are superior.

do you think I have it in me?

Do it. Do not shill it here, but do it.

Anything you want to do, you dream to do - start doing it. You'll be bad or mediocre at the beggining, but if you do not stop you'll get better and succeed.

I believe in you, user. I believe in you.

May as well give it a shot. What's there to lose?

thank you

ME AND YOU CAN RULE THIS CITY, SPIDER-MAN!!

YOU AND ME COULD RULE THIS CITY, SPIDER-MAN

thank you too

Do it, but be sure to give an objective look at Spider-Man 3. It did a lot of things wrong, and I mean A LOT of things wrong, but it still comfortably sits in the Raimi trilogy.

Rankings

TV:
Spectacular SPider-Man (2008) > Spider-Man: New Animated Series (2003) >Spider-Man the Animated Series (1994) > SPider-Man Unlimited (1999)

Movies:
Spider-Man 2 (2004) > Spider-Man (2002) > Spider-Man 3 (2007) & Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) > Amazing SPider-Man (2012)

Have not watched Ultimate Spider-Man (2012) TV series. Also no idea how I missed Spectacular Spider-man in the ratings. Shit was cash.

Spiderman 2 was where he lost his powers for a little while, right?
I might go back and watch the first two of the trip since I haven't seen them in so long

fucking kek

>Have not watched Ultimate Spider-Man (2012) TV series.
Count your lucky stars.
>ignore SSM because it looked like kiddy shit and I'm an idiot
>USM is looking good decide to give it a try
>episode after episode is cringeworthy shit trying too hard to be funny and unlikable, obnoxious and stupid characters
>download SSM because it can't be any worse
>actually have a good time
It forced me to watch Spectacular instead, so I guess that's one nice thing I can say about it.

This is the most powerful scene of any comic based movie ever. Prove me wrong. I fucking dare you:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9-fhQvYMwo

AVENGE MEEEEE

>Spider-Man: New Animated Series (2003)
>above anything
my nigga, it's pretty underrated. If only it had more comic villains, it'd last longer.

Webb had actually a good handle on Spidey. The car thief scene from the first film was pretty good in establishing a young Spider-Man. The biggest problem reeked of studio interference (Which basically got confirmed in the Sony pictures hack) and the principle players were very frustrated how they were treated and the writers and directors were constantly being jerked around. Supposedly at one point Sony wanted Gwen to survive because Stone had huge star power and they wanted to keep the crew on the next film during the middle of the film but the crew and actors were pissed because it because the whole story they were building up to was Gwen's death (Which had never been done in a film) and how it changes Peter. And when an actress is willing to skip huge money just to tell a story in a Cape movie. That's when you fucked up.

Peak Sony Pictures.

Just so you know, Spidey unlimited was going to have Spiderman as the badguy or something, but Perlmutter started crying so it was shitcanned and turned into that weird ass show.

That sounds kina cool. The only thing that caught me off guard initially was the severely altered design on venom, carnage, and the symbiotes.

Building towards Gwen's death is a good idea, having done in that movie probably not.

>Post things you like.

Raimi May, Ben, Norman, Sandman were great, Spidey's quips in ASM1 were much improved over Raimi. Tobey was a great Peter, though. Gwen was good in the ASM movies.

I don't know how anyone can not mention JK Simmons as JJJ for god-tier casting and performance.

> Post things you dislike.
Harry Osborne in all movies, Doc Ock was underwhelming and didn't really capture the character for me. The Raimi movies in general didn't age well and parts varied wildly from great to terrible. Venom was wasted, as well must of Spider-man 3. MJ was horrible. The entire plot of ASM1 was awful and ASM2 was even worse. The Lizard, Electro, and Harry were terrible villains.

>Post things you wish you could have changed.

Doc Ock shouldn't be a sympathetic villain, either make Venom the focus of 3 or not use him at all. Make someone else the main villain of ASM1, the Lizard making Lizard people is terrible. Give Electro more presence and make him a greater threat.

>Post things you would like to see in the next movie.

Eddie Brock being a douchebag.
Mysterio as the main villain.
The Scorpion getting some play.

I know that a lot of good things were in SM3,but to me the story ended with spiderman 2
and in the cliff-hanger with harry osbourne finding his dad's secret lair I like to pretend he said, "wow this is what I could have become if I let my hatred consume me, thank you spiderman for teaching me this valuable lesson"

>thank you spiderman for teaching me this valuable lesson"
That would have required a tad bit more conversation between the two. Like, after Ock died he goes to see Harry and during the conversation Harry throws something at Peter and discovers the lair.......god it's so fucking obvious now.

>The itsy bitsy spider crawled up the water spout
>Down came the Goblin and ate his asshole out

Spectacular Spider-Man (2008) > Spider-Man the Animated Series (1994) > Spider-Man (Toei TV series) > Spider-man (1981) > Spider-Man: New Animated Series (2003) > Spider-man and his Amazing Friends (1981) > Spider-man (1967) > The Amazing Spider-Man (Live action 1977) > (Spider-Man Unlimited (1999) > Ultimate Spider-man (2012)

I've seen em all.

"It's from the comics" is not a legitimate reason to adapt something. You could possibly adapt something bad like OMD.

It was an effective way to build an overarching storyline, but I think most people just didn't like the way it was presented. The pacing was off and it felt a bit shoehorned in to tie along with the Oscorp plot which was in and of itself rushed to promote like five different movies Sony had planned for Spidey. It was interesting, but not portrayed in an interesting way.

Raimi liked Venom, he was planning on making 4 and 5 both about Venom

It was nicely presented in ASM. Sony's plans for multiple spin-offs are actually what caused them to burn through two movie's worth of backstory.

That's not true, bro.

well the fact that he realised his dad was the green goblin, and that his injurys came from his glider, he should have realised it himself that peter didn't murder his father.

but peter should have gone back to explain, thats one flaw