What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o4vfhrDylUQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too much philosophy for normalfag audiences, not true enough to the comic for comic fans.

I really like the movie still. But it should have been a miniseries, the main problem with movies is they're a hard format to be adapted to. Most comic books and video games would be better adapted to a TV or mini series instead of a 1.5-3 hour movie

Zach Snyder

the ending

It tired to be a 1:1 adaptation but couldn't fit everything in. Watchmen is something that Moore and Gibbons crafted obsessively, all the details matter in same way.

Snyder ended up making a superhero story instead of a story about superheroes.

This

>FROM THE VISIONARY DIRECTOR

Is that the industry term for hack?

The only real problem with this movie isn't the movie at all, but Moore fans and their endless, fussy autism.

Unquestionably this. The greatest vehicle in the world is a heap of trash with a retard at the wheel.

Honestly, what made Watchmen great is how it uses the medium of comics, so it doesn't necessarily translate to the big screen.

Plus, Snyder seriously missed the point.

I'll always love this bit and the use of the music from Koyaanisqatsi. Perfect choice.
youtube.com/watch?v=o4vfhrDylUQ

Nothing. Audiences are plebs and you have shit taste.

My man. I saw this movie in theaters three times (each with different audiences) and every time I watched I found something new to enjoy. Director's cut is even better. Ultimate good is good, but a commitment.

I thought it was incredible if you accept it at face value. Surreal like a dream, I watch the director's cut once a year for the Hollis death scene alone.

It's not a DEEP movie, it's hardly kino and it's not for everyone, but it doesn't really deserve half the crap it gets.

the source material

The only thing wrong with the movie is if you never read the graphic novel, you would be kind of confused about what's going on. At least the theatrical version.

They tried to do a meta comic about mainstream American superhero comics into a movie, making it lose pretty much all of its original meaning.

*make a meta...

I too enjoy watching the elderly get beaten to death.

I'd like to buy you a drink sometime. Watchmen has slowly made it's way into my top five cape flicks of all time. Nothing comes close to it. Snyder may have made some questionable decisions recently, but I fucking love that movie.

Having all the action too over the top. Completely missing the point that only Manhattan (and maybe Ozzymandias) have superpowers.

Literally nothing. It was a perfect adaptation. Prove me wrong.

I've never seen the movie, but I'm pretty sure burden of proof for that claim lies on you, buddy.